The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I'm thinking of converting to Roman Catholicism

Started by J0E, September 26, 2015, 09:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

What you give to your church you may claim as a tax deduction come tax time. Most churches would send you a yearly statement that shows how much you have given to your church for the past year. Something like this:

http://www.churchaccountingsoftwareguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/example-of-year-end-church-contribution-statement.png">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Frank"For all its flaws, at least Catholicism seems to guarantee a guy something.

Guarantee what exactly? ac_dunno

.....like basic sobriety, a bit of sanity and common sense.

Is that much to ask?

I went into a protestant united church recently, and the priest was gay sporting rainbow colors on his robe.

Then I went into an Anglican Church on another day, and the walls were plastered with gay pride colors.

.....like hello....why do we owe any of these groups anything?

Can heterosexuals flaunt the sexuality in front of an alter too?

Wasn't Jesus supposed to be above the pleasures of the flesh?

Since when did one group give itself the power to redefine the Mission of a Church and the scriptures of the Bible?

Geez no wonder why some groups have decided to split off from their denominations.

They don't represent the wishes of their followers nor the fundamental beliefs of the religion.

For that reason I somewhat admire the Catholic Church because it has stuck to its guns and not allowed a few to redefine rituals or Church traditions intended for the many.

If certain individuals don't like what a particular Church preaches, why don't they get their own religion or write their own bilbical supplement? Isn't this what the Mormons did? And now they're flourishing.

Don't forget Joe - no sex out of wedlock and no masturbation.  You can't check out or desire women who are spoken for either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So is Frank.  It'd be a match made in Heaven hahaha

...and after my conversion to Catholicism, I'll git me a faithful & obedient Catholic wife who'll live by the book & do everything I ask.

....Why, it'll be the next best thing bein' married to a Muslim .....but without the veil, eh 'Real?

And I've heard from a number of my Catholic friends that mistresses are common and acceptable in many of these  nations where they come from. So if a guy gets tired of his wife, he can go to greener pastures instead.

And if the marriage really goes South, well he doesn't pay massive amounts of alimony or child support.

That seems like a better deal for men, wouldn't you say eh 'Real?

Also, fish every Friday...suits me fine bein' a seafood lover and all.
 You can find some spineless women to marry and commit adultery without blaspheming God with religious whoritry. Unless you are trying to fast track to hell....I don't see the sense in wallowing in apostacy.  If you want to follow God, pick up a bible. Die to yourself. It's about the spirit.....not living for your flesh and using a twisted version of Christianity as an excuse.   And nice try.....trying to pit 2 females against eachother, but both Real and I are happily married and not in need of any male validation. Ever heard quality above quanitiy?  Lust isn't love.  Go find some twits with low self esteem to play with....unless you enjoy cowering in the corner suckling your thumb. Real is sexy as f***. The kind of woman only a manly man could handle. Do her passionate opinions frighten you?

Anonymous

I seriously cannot believe this guy wants to live for himself and feed his flesh and slap Christ on it. Uuuhhgg.  You don't need a church to pretend in. You need Jesus.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"You tell him sister!

I'm gonna! Lol

In spite her past difficulties, I think Dove was loved by many more men than you, 'Real.

I kin tell by the abundance of Lol's and laughter in her writing.

That says it all, eh 'Real.

I laughed my way to a permaban on VF Joey boy.  :D

Troll someone else, Kk?

...but 'Real...you were still not loved....like Dove.

Joe.

Rarely are you correct. There is some malfunction in your logic circuits that distort your perspective of the world at large. But on this issue, you are beyond wrong. You are wallowing in a bizarre fantasy that thinks "love" is how much drool you can extract from an audience.

You would be wise to assume little, ands opine only when you have facts. In this matter, it is extremely unlikely you will have any reliable fact and as a result you should stick to your conversion discussion.

Joe over thinks every subject and you turn around and over pontificate on the subject of "Joe". :laugh3:

It would have been more direct to just say "Joe; you're a moronic attention whore" but in your usual fashion, you had to expell a lot of wind.

This illustrates one of the many things I can't stand about you Aussies; you talk too much and have so little to say. :001_rolleyes:

God gave you a mouth for one reason.

And it's NOT talking.

Renee

I'm gonna! Lol

In spite her past difficulties, I think Dove was loved by many more men than you, 'Real.

Troll someone else, Kk?

Joe.

Rarely are you correct. There is some malfunction in your logic circuits that distort your perspective of the world at large. But on this issue, you are beyond wrong. You are wallowing in a bizarre fantasy that thinks "love" is how much drool you can extract from an audience.

You would be wise to assume little, ands opine only when you have facts. In this matter, it is extremely unlikely you will have any reliable fact and as a result you should stick to your conversion discussion.

Joe over thinks every subject and you turn around and over pontificate on the subject of "Joe". :laugh3:

It would have been more direct to just say "Joe; you're a moronic attention whore" but in your usual fashion, you had to expell a lot of wind.

This illustrates one of the many things I can't stand about you Aussies; you talk too much and have so little to say. :001_rolleyes:

And it's NOT talking.

Wow, that was astute of you.

I'll bet you think that you're the first guy to ever say that. :001_rolleyes:  

Clever, you ain't.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Frank"For all its flaws, at least Catholicism seems to guarantee a guy something.

Guarantee what exactly? ac_dunno

.....like basic sobriety, a bit of sanity and common sense.

Is that much to ask?

I went into a protestant united church recently, and the priest was gay sporting rainbow colors on his robe.

Then I went into an Anglican Church on another day, and the walls were plastered with gay pride colors.

.....like hello....why do we owe any of these groups anything?

Can heterosexuals flaunt the sexuality in front of an alter too?

Wasn't Jesus supposed to be above the pleasures of the flesh?

Since when did one group give itself the power to redefine the Mission of a Church and the scriptures of the Bible?

Geez no wonder why some groups have decided to split off from their denominations.

They don't represent the wishes of their followers nor the fundamental beliefs of the religion.

For that reason I somewhat admire the Catholic Church because it has stuck to its guns and not allowed a few to redefine rituals or Church traditions intended for the many.

If certain individuals don't like what a particular Church preaches, why don't they get their own religion or write their own bilbical supplement? Isn't this what the Mormons did? And now they're flourishing.

Frank, it seems you are looking for a man made institution like the Catholic church to fill a void that only our Lord can.

Frood

I'm gonna! Lol

Troll someone else, Kk?

Joe.

And it's NOT talking.

Wow, that was astute of you.

I'll bet you think that you're the first guy to ever say that. :001_rolleyes:  

Clever, you ain't.

Ain't ain't a word so you ain't got to say it.  :wink:
Blahhhhhh...

J0E

Omigod....what's happening?! Our once peaceful resident Dove has been transformed into a Hawk....

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/19859/933344-dawn_granger_picture_4.jpg">

.....I sensed it was too good ta last. Oh well!

...and after my conversion to Catholicism, I'll git me a faithful & obedient Catholic wife who'll live by the book & do everything I ask.

....Why, it'll be the next best thing bein' married to a Muslim .....but without the veil, eh 'Real?

And I've heard from a number of my Catholic friends that mistresses are common and acceptable in many of these  nations where they come from. So if a guy gets tired of his wife, he can go to greener pastures instead.

And if the marriage really goes South, well he doesn't pay massive amounts of alimony or child support.

You can find some spineless women to marry and commit adultery without blaspheming God with religious whoritry. Unless you are trying to fast track to hell....I don't see the sense in wallowing in apostacy.  If you want to follow God, pick up a bible. Die to yourself. It's about the spirit.....not living for your flesh and using a twisted version of Christianity as an excuse.   And nice try.....trying to pit 2 females against eachother, but both Real and I are happily married and not in need of any male validation. Ever heard quality above quanitiy?  Lust isn't love.  Go find some twits with low self esteem to play with....unless you enjoy cowering in the corner suckling your thumb. Real is sexy as f***. The kind of woman only a manly man could handle. Do her passionate opinions frighten you?

cc

Cartoons won't save you. She did you well and you can't slide out of it

Just convert to anything you wish, or not,  and STFU
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I guess your perception of me as some loved up easy bimbo who sits back and giggles while you are disrespectful needed some work, eh? I'm very peaceful.That doesn't equate to "easy", as you put it. You disrespected God, me and real. You expect "nice" in return?  
Quote from: "Frank"Omigod....what's happening?! Our once peaceful resident Dove has been transformed into a Hawk....

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/19859/933344-dawn_granger_picture_4.jpg">

.....I sensed it was too good ta last. Oh well!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Cartoons won't save you. She did you well and you can't slide out of it

Just convert to anything you wish, or not,  and STFU

There is a strange, sociopathic disconnect in his reasoning and posts.  Narcism? Autism?  Is he on the spectrum?

cc

"sociopathic disconnect in his reasoning" .. yes, I would agree with that

" Narcism? " Could be, but I see it more as seeking attention .. a form of  Narcism, but comes from weakness

He loves to make threads rather than contribute to threads and be a true poster / contributor, even leaves his own threads . That would support the above and "is he on the spectrum". He definitely is not

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme""sociopathic disconnect in his reasoning" .. yes, I would agree with that

" Narcism? " Could be, but I see it more as seeking attention .. a form of  Narcism, but comes from weakness

He loves to make threads rather than contribute to threads and be a true poster / contributor, even leaves his own threads . That would support the above and "is he on the spectrum". He definitely is not
His reasoning suggests that everything is about and for him. Even spirituality. And the creepy way he ruminates on things that developmentally mature, thinking people see as common sense. I dunno....I feel like he has a hooker or 2 in his basement. Perhaps a few illegal snuff films in his online inventory. *shudder*

cc

Quotethe creepy way he ruminates on things that developmentally mature, thinking people see as common sense

BINGO!! That's him.

That part is creepy. He seems as void of common sense as yer average prog, which clearly he is not