The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

We b all posng on cells now ?  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We b all posng on cells now ?  ac_smile

I don't know what is harder to understand; someone posting on a cell or at home on a computer with a couple of glasses of rye?

Frood

Same thing isn't it? Except there's just more of it.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
">https://youtu.be/w_RaPOOVX1Y
 :thumbup:
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "Dove"My phones autocorrect feature is bat poop crazy and changes my spelling to the point where I've given up. My kids do stuff on my phone, so things happen. I find it amusing how it always capitalizes Crack. Haha.  But thank you. Matthew 7 verse 1 is the most notoriously misused verse in the bible. It's like the secular ninja move....taken out if context to justify sin or "win" and argument. But it simply doesn't mean we are to never judge.

The thing with the bible is it's a translation from earlier versions.  I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread.  To understand it you should be reading in the original language (whatever that is), the original version.  Translations alter meaning when there aren't words to trade directly, and for other reasons.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

asal

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Aramaic, wasn't it asal?

I looked it up.  Google has a ..... I don't know what it's called, quick answer thing, that says part of it, the old testament, was oral teachings that were recorded in Hebrew and Aramaic and the new testament was written in Greek.

Here's a link:  http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-versions-and-translations/the-original-bible-and-the-dead-sea-scrolls/">//http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-versions-and-translations/the-original-bible-and-the-dead-sea-scrolls/

QuoteBible scholars examined two ancient texts to elucidate the original language of the Bible: the Masoretic Text and the Septuagint. The Masoretic Text is a traditional Hebrew text finalized by Jewish scholars around 1000 C.E. The Septuagint is a Greek translation of the Torah created by the Jews of Alexandria in the third century B.C.E. (The other books of the Hebrew Bible were translated over the course of the following century.)

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Dove"My phones autocorrect feature is bat poop crazy and changes my spelling to the point where I've given up. My kids do stuff on my phone, so things happen. I find it amusing how it always capitalizes Crack. Haha.  But thank you. Matthew 7 verse 1 is the most notoriously misused verse in the bible. It's like the secular ninja move....taken out if context to justify sin or "win" and argument. But it simply doesn't mean we are to never judge.

The thing with the bible is it's a translation from earlier versions.  I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread.  To understand it you should be reading in the original language (whatever that is), the original version.  Translations alter meaning when there aren't words to trade directly, and for other reasons.
 I do. Have a study bible with greek/hebrew. I also have a Torah. Aramaic is ancient hebrew. Hermeneutics is something anyone who studies needs a decent grasp of.

asal

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "asal"

I do. Have a study bible with greek/hebrew. I also have a Torah. Aramaic is ancient hebrew. Hermeneutics is something anyone who studies needs a decent grasp of.

good :)  

I hope you graduate on to different subjects.  If you're willing to go that deeply - you could learn a lot - really have some good experiences.

Anonymous

When I approached this I wasn't looking for religion. I wanted to know God.  So I'm a biblist.  I am never disappointed.

Frood

If you wanted to know about a god why didn't you just kill yourself and get the express train to afterlifeville?

Weird logic but meh, whatever.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous