The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Oh I believe religion is harmless as well. It's the people that practice it that you have to look out for. :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Dove"http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reforma ... _slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter  here Dinky Dumb.  Roman Catholics are NOT Christains.

my grandma was Roman Catholic and she used to pray to Jesus.  That's christian imo - not knowing much about these things.

It's Christian in every sense of the word. Unfortunately "born again" Christians don't consider any structured Christian sect "true Christian". They have a similar attitude as the Roman Catholic Church had regarding the pagan people of northern Europe during the dark ages or the break away Protestant sects of the Reformation. If you aren't following the literal word of religious scripture, it's heresy. Unfortunately that is a dangerous attitude and the concept of heresy has been used to commit an untold number of atrocities against the innocent.

IMHO the one God doesn't really exist and as for Christ and the resurrection.....well common wisdom tell us that he was just a man and a regional phenomenon. After his death, some very shrewd people desiring power adopted him as a symbol of there right to lord over entire ignorant populations, (hence the Roman Catholic Church). As the Western Portion of the Roman Empire crumbled a power vacuum in Europe was created and the Roman Church was all too willing to fill that vacuum.

That's how we here in the west got saddled with JC and the Blessed Virgin. But in the end it's Christian enough. The Roman Catholic Church which was first labeled as such in the 2nd century AD. was the first real organized Christian religion on the planet. Until the East–West Schism of 1054, it was the ONLY recognized Christian organization in the world.

But at the same time Dove has the right to believe how she wishes, just as you and I do. So as long as she doesn't push her views on people in an aggressive manner I'm cool with whatever she believes, especially if it her source of spiritual strength. We all lead different lives and we all have different needs; what and how we believe is what makes things interesting.
  If you want to remove the bible from the equation you maybe could call Roman catholism christainity. Hell...why not call Satan "Yeshua"  and make everything Christain?  Why not?   Roman Catholism is about as Christain as hilter.

Anonymous

See the problem people have is the assumption that just because people believe in God and Christ....they are Christain. The devil believes in God. Maybe we can call him Christain. Maybe God was just joking with all the warnings against false teachers and all those Christain martyrs killed by the rc were just minor disagreements.

Renee

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reforma ... _slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter  here Dinky Dumb.  Roman Catholics are NOT Christains.

my grandma was Roman Catholic and she used to pray to Jesus.  That's christian imo - not knowing much about these things.

It's Christian in every sense of the word. Unfortunately "born again" Christians don't consider any structured Christian sect "true Christian". They have a similar attitude as the Roman Catholic Church had regarding the pagan people of northern Europe during the dark ages or the break away Protestant sects of the Reformation. If you aren't following the literal word of religious scripture, it's heresy. Unfortunately that is a dangerous attitude and the concept of heresy has been used to commit an untold number of atrocities against the innocent.

IMHO the one God doesn't really exist and as for Christ and the resurrection.....well common wisdom tell us that he was just a man and a regional phenomenon. After his death, some very shrewd people desiring power adopted him as a symbol of there right to lord over entire ignorant populations, (hence the Roman Catholic Church). As the Western Portion of the Roman Empire crumbled a power vacuum in Europe was created and the Roman Church was all too willing to fill that vacuum.

That's how we here in the west got saddled with JC and the Blessed Virgin. But in the end it's Christian enough. The Roman Catholic Church which was first labeled as such in the 2nd century AD. was the first real organized Christian religion on the planet. Until the East–West Schism of 1054, it was the ONLY recognized Christian organization in the world.

But at the same time Dove has the right to believe how she wishes, just as you and I do. So as long as she doesn't push her views on people in an aggressive manner I'm cool with whatever she believes, especially if it her source of spiritual strength. We all lead different lives and we all have different needs; what and how we believe is what makes things interesting.
  If you want to remove the bible from the equation you maybe could call Roman catholism christainity. Hell...why not call Satan "Yeshua"  and make everything Christain?  Why not?   Roman Catholism is about as Christain as hilter.

Dove, in all due respect, the Holy Roman Catholic Church was founded by the early followers of Christ who formed the early christian church in the 1st century AD which in the historical context, makes it Christian. It may not be your "born again version" and you may not agree with the rituals but it is Christian.  

The Roman Catholic Church is simply the continuation of the early christian community established by Christ and the bishops are the successors to the apostles. The Pope, is the sole successor to Saint Peter, who was appointed by Christ to be the head of the church in the New Testament. These are the claims of the church in Rome and recorded history bares that out.

Now I'm not here to defend the Catholic Church, I'm just here to explain that history invalidates your claims that it is not a Christian organization. It matters not what the rituals are or how you interpret your scripture because it's the foundations and it's origins that are the determining factors.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"See the problem people have is the assumption that just because people believe in God and Christ....they are Christain. The devil believes in God. Maybe we can call him Christain. Maybe God was just joking with all the warnings against false teachers and all those Christain martyrs killed by the rc were just minor disagreements.

Oh okay, so just because you believe you're Christian doesn't make it true.

Anonymous

Dove, in all due respect, the Holy Roman Catholic Church was founded by the early followers of Christ who formed the early christian church in the 1st century AD which in the historical context, makes it Christian. It may not be your "born again version" and you may not agree with the rituals but it is Christian.  

The Roman Catholic Church is simply the continuation of the early christian community established by Christ and the bishops are the successors to the apostles. The Pope, is the sole successor to Saint Peter, who was appointed by Christ to be the head of the church in the New Testament. These are the claims of the church in Rome and recorded history bares that out.

Now I'm not here to defend the Catholic Church, I'm just here to explain that history invalidates your claims that it is not a Christian organization. It matters not what the rituals are or how you interpret your scripture because it's the foundations and it's origins that are the determining factors.
*sigh*  the first absolutely was not Roman catholic. It was messianic jewish.  The apostle Paul was not Roman catholic, nor was Peter. They were messianic JEWS.  They were not romans....the romans were gentiles. The book of acts is the record of the first church. You want to see christainity at its most orthodox?  Go to a messianic synogauge.  Constantine corrupted the Roman church with paganism. Hence why the "Christain" holidays aren't the biblical holidays....but versions of pagan solstice. I know a lot of people think the RC was the first church and I have no idea where they got that idea because it's just not the truth.  Do you know that Jesus Christ Himself is the one who said in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, you MUST be born again, and the resurrection was about that?  That baptism is about that?  You put it in quotes as if it's some silly concept. It's a requirement. No human can born a person again. And it's the actual bible, that pesky word of God, that doesn't agree. You cannot be a follower of Christ and go against the teachings of Christ. That makes you not CHRISTain.  And the "holy" church thing....the only one holy is God.  A church, a human...cannot be holy. This is bible.  People call the pope the "holy father" and that's idolitry and he let's them....which is heresy,  not because it's my opinion, but rather because Jesus specifically said NOT to call any man holy father.  And Christ is the author of the faith....so his words trump. I'm okay with "my version" if it lines up with Christ's version.

Anonymous

"3 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."

3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"

5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"

10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.[a] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Oh I believe religion is harmless as well. It's the people that practice it that you have to look out for. :laugh:

People in general. If it's human....it's to be watched. Lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Dove"See the problem people have is the assumption that just because people believe in God and Christ....they are Christain. The devil believes in God. Maybe we can call him Christain. Maybe God was just joking with all the warnings against false teachers and all those Christain martyrs killed by the rc were just minor disagreements.

Oh okay, so just because you believe you're Christian doesn't make it true.
 Yes. Exactly. I can think I'm a vegetarian but if pounding down a burger everyday....I'm not a vegetarian, no matter what I claim. Something isn't true just because you think it is. If I wake up tomorrow and decide I'm black, am I black?

Renee

*sigh*  the first absolutely was not Roman catholic. It was messianic jewish.  The apostle Paul was not Roman catholic, nor was Peter. They were messianic JEWS.  They were not romans....the romans were gentiles. The book of acts is the record of the first church. You want to see christainity at its most orthodox?  Go to a messianic synogauge.  Constantine corrupted the Roman church with paganism. Hence why the Christain holidays aren't the biblical holidays....but versions of pagan solstice. I know a lot of people think the RC was the first church and I have no idea where they got that idea because it's just not the truth.  Do you know that Jesus Christ Himself is the one who said in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, you MUST be born again, and the resurrection was about that?  That baptism is about that?  You put it in quotes as if it's some silly concept. It's a requirement. No human can born a person again. And it's the actual bible, that pesky word of God, that doesn't agree. You cannot be a follower of Christ and go against the teachings of Christ. That makes you not CHRISTain.

Wrong.......Did I say that the early church was Roman Catholic.......No I didn't. I said that the early church was the root of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Church was the first recognized Christian organization. There is a difference between being a movement of fringe zealots and being a legitimate church. At least there is in civil and modern society.

In truth what you have been taught as the first church wasn't legally recognized or legitimate. And don't give me the argument that your God is the only authority to legitimize a religious organization. Because until the hand of God starts writing civil law he/she/it isn't a legit factor.

Under Roman rule (and at the time, Roman rule is what legally mattered) Christians were just another bunch of rebel Jews and Christianity wasn't recognized as a religion and neither was the early Christian church. According to the ruling authorities in Rome there was no Christian Church until Emperor Galerius ended the Diocletian persecution of Christianity in 311 AD. By then Christianity was a distinctly separate religious sect from Judaism, messianic or otherwise. And it wasn't until the forth century that Christianity was recognized as the state religion in Rome which legitimizes the Roman Church.

In fact I hate to throw a wrench into the mix but it can be argued that "early Christianity" is not Christianity at all but simply another Jewish sect.

Bricktop

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.

I just saw an update on Facebook where they're implementing a version for people like you.

Its called "Fatbook".

ac_lmfao

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.

I just saw an update on Facebook where they're implementing a version for people like you.

Its called "Fatbook".

ac_lmfao

You're just jealous because the obituaries are your generation's version of Facebook.

Anonymous

*sigh*  the first absolutely was not Roman catholic. It was messianic jewish.  The apostle Paul was not Roman catholic, nor was Peter. They were messianic JEWS.  They were not romans....the romans were gentiles. The book of acts is the record of the first church. You want to see christainity at its most orthodox?  Go to a messianic synogauge.  Constantine corrupted the Roman church with paganism. Hence why the Christain holidays aren't the biblical holidays....but versions of pagan solstice. I know a lot of people think the RC was the first church and I have no idea where they got that idea because it's just not the truth.  Do you know that Jesus Christ Himself is the one who said in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, you MUST be born again, and the resurrection was about that?  That baptism is about that?  You put it in quotes as if it's some silly concept. It's a requirement. No human can born a person again. And it's the actual bible, that pesky word of God, that doesn't agree. You cannot be a follower of Christ and go against the teachings of Christ. That makes you not CHRISTain.

Wrong.......Did I say that the early church was Roman Catholic.......No I didn't. I said that the early church was the root of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Church was the first recognized Christian organization. There is a difference between being a movement of fringe zealots and being a legitimate church. At least there is in civil and modern society.

In truth what you have been taught as the first church wasn't legally recognized or legitimate. And don't give me the argument that your God is the only authority to legitimize a religious organization. Because until the hand of God starts writing civil law he/she/it isn't a legit factor.

Under Roman rule (and at the time, Roman rule is what legally mattered) Christians were just another bunch of rebel Jews and Christianity wasn't recognized as a religion and neither was the early Christian church. According to the ruling authorities in Rome there was no Christian Church until Emperor Galerius ended the Diocletian persecution of Christianity in 311 AD. By then Christianity was a distinctly separate religious sect from Judaism, messianic or otherwise. And it wasn't until the forth century that Christianity was recognized as the state religion in Rome which legitimizes the Roman Church.

In fact I hate to throw a wrench into the mix but it can be argued that "early Christianity" is not Christianity at all but simply another Jewish sect.

Okay you just proved my point.  If God is not the ONLY, I repeat, ONLY authority....it is NOT of God therefor is not following Christ.  And now we are coming full circle into the difference between being a follower of Christ and being part of a man made structured religion.  The only legit church is God's church. It's the body of born again in Christ believers.  It's not an organization. There are members of the church (body of Christ) who have never set foot in a religious building.  Roman catholics do not follow Christ. They are as Christian as theistic satanist.  Christian means follower of Christ.  Thats what it means. I dont care who has tried to twist it. It is CHRISTianity. The rc does not follow  Christ.  They don't even study scripture and they worship mary, ffs. That is not Christain. That is heresy, idolitry....spiritual adultery. It's what apostle Paul spoke of in the Corinthian letter when he was talking about not corrupted from the simplicity of Christ, that he wishes to know nothing of us then Christ and Him crucified.  Scripture says, Jesus is the author and finisher of the faith. You go outside of that...it isn't not following Christ.  I don't know how much more clear I can make this. If God isn't your only authority in your "religion" you are not a Christain. End of story. Jesus Himself was conside red a zealot, a radical....it what got Him crucified. Christians don't even consider themselves religious. We just get tired of challanging it.  Jesus condemned religious people more than anyone. And yes the Jews involved in the movement of Christ, we're Christains. The Catholic Church is not. Period.  I don't care what is recognized by human man made institutions.   I care about what's set in place by God.  Your either using the bible as your authority or your not Christain. It's that simple....regardless of what man considers legit.

Bricktop

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Its called "Fatbook".

ac_lmfao

You're just jealous because the obituaries are your generation's version of Facebook.

Given the obvious state of your arteries, the extreme pressure your heart is under to deliver blood to all points of that continent of flesh, and the fat content of your blood, I expect I'll be reading YOUR orbituary.

"Americans woke to a massive pall of smoke covering most of the country. At first it was believed to be a huge forest fire, but it was later disclosed that Renee was being cremated. The funeral parlour is quivering in anticipation of their next gas bill."