The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Now, here's a surprise...

Started by Bricktop, October 01, 2015, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"I have lived and worked in a number of different states. I can tell you that even if a constitutional amendment was passed that forced Americans to surrender their guns and that will never happen, they would have them back tomorrow. Tens of millions of Americans are not going to give up their rights because a few thousand cannot handle the responsibility of gun ownership.

I understand that.  There is no way the US will ever disarm.

In a way, American society's worship of the almighty gun isn't that different from Muslims who flock to Mecca during the hajj and have died in the thousands over the years. Its adherents have this unyielding fanatical faith in their ideal, but it often results in tragedy for its followers.

Nice metaphor there, Frankie...the gun is indeed their mecca.

I don't dispute the view that Americans will never hand over the precious guns, even for the greater good.

And that in itself dispels entirely the values that America claims to uphold. They would rather see 30,000 Americans die each year than say "This is wrong. Take my gun."

As always, Americans place individual rights ahead of community welfare, even if those so-called rights achieve not one damn thing. Despite the proliferation of guns, the crime rate is comparable to, or greater than comparable nations. By their logic, it should be much smaller. But its not.

By their logic, the crime rate in comparable nations that ban firearms should be much higher. But its not.

Yet, faced with cast iron numbers and reasoned logic, they STILL believe gun ownership is essential to protect their way of life.

Anonymous

This year, I've attended 6 funerals due to heroin deaths. I say...we ban heroin. Oh wait....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"This year, I've attended 6 funerals due to heroin deaths. I say...we ban heroin. Oh wait....

Point taken Dove.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"No, just a realist here.

A realist who is denying Sandy Hook happened???
Look into the crisis actors. She's being serious and....she's right.

Bricktop

As usual, you are comparing peanuts with washing machines.

Let me try and simplify things.

Heroin kills the person who knowingly and willingly uses it. If you do not use heroin, it will not harm you. If another person uses heroin, you will not be affected directly.

Guns kill other people. You may not own a gun, but someone else that does can kill you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Heroin is a derivative of a drug that has some benefitto people suffering pain.

Guns have no benefit to anyone.

There.

See the difference?

Bricktop

Oh, btw...you've just been elected President of the US.

Your first job is to deal with drug abuse.

How will YOU do it?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"So, if I may summarise the proponents of the status quo; one is comparing gun control to drug control, one is claiming that one death is equivalent to 9. Or 27, and the other isn't American and hasn't a fucking clue what he's talking about at the best of times.

Dove; drugs are physically and psychologically addictive. Guns are not. You cannot kill someone by throwing drugs at them. I suppose you can use drugs as a murder weapon, but its not recommended.

Renee; Your fatality count is 10 times that of ANY western industrialised, modern, democratic society. 10 times is more than 1 time. Its called mathematics. Look into it.

Dinky; You're just a fuckhead, so your comments are vacuous and irrelevant.

That's not the point. The point is making something illegal doesn't stop people from doing it.  All you will do is disarm law abiding citizens.  And if you want to be techincal, drugs are responsible for far more deaths a year than guns.  Drugs are illegal. Still killing thousands.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Oh, btw...you've just been elected President of the US.

Your first job is to deal with drug abuse.

How will YOU do it?
decriminalize it and treat it as a health crisis.

Anonymous

You guys can keep thinking this is about guns. It's not. Guns are a tool. Guns don't kill.  The problem is with the people. The problem is our system.  Guns are just a TOOL.

Bricktop

WE KNOW that, doofus!!! That is not in question.

Just as a hammer is a tool to a carpenter. Jesus was a allegedly a carpenter, wasn't he?

Now...think carefully...what happens when you take the hammer AWAY from the carpenter.

Apparently, when they crucified Jesus, they said "You're a carpenter. Nail yourself to the cross." But there was no way he could get that last nail in.

Anonymous

When I can't find a hammer, I grab the next blunt object that will suffice. Duh.

J0E

Here's a bird's eye view of what it looks like from a shooter's pov when he kills someone:

Very sad - Lives of 2 perfectly innocent persons ended by a senseless killing.

Such as the terrible power of the gun.

WARNING: Extremely Graphic, but final seconds of video have been blacked out.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"When I can't find a hammer, I grab the next blunt object that will suffice. Duh.

You will find, however, that very few objects can replace a hammer and operate with the same effectiveness. Being a woman, that might be difficult to follow, but its true nonetheless.

Likewise, if you wish to kill someone, and don't have a gun, your available options are far more problematic.

See...the point is, take away the tool, and the tradesman cannot ply his craft. Its not hard to grasp.

Yes, your nation is awash with guns, and removing them MAY be impossible, thus you are condemned to continue to slaughter each other on a grand scale.

On the other hand, your nation might try to show the courage, morality and fortitude it so brazenly displays to the world at large, and start now.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Frank"Here's a bird's eye view of what it looks like from a shooter's pov when he kills someone:

Very sad - Lives of 2 perfectly innocent persons ended by a senseless killing.

Such as the terrible power of the gun.

WARNING: Extremely Graphic, but final seconds of video have been blacked out.

Yeah, but Frank...if the camera had been carrying a gun, that would never have happened. :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dove"When I can't find a hammer, I grab the next blunt object that will suffice. Duh.

You will find, however, that very few objects can replace a hammer and operate with the same effectiveness. Being a woman, that might be difficult to follow, but its true nonetheless.

Likewise, if you wish to kill someone, and don't have a gun, your available options are far more problematic.

See...the point is, take away the tool, and the tradesman cannot ply his craft. Its not hard to grasp.

Yes, your nation is awash with guns, and removing them MAY be impossible, thus you are condemned to continue to slaughter each other on a grand scale.

On the other hand, your nation might try to show the courage, morality and fortitude it so brazenly displays to the world at large, and start now.
 Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.  It's like saying 5 people in my city  killed people so we all must get the death penalty.  Why aren't you targeting our media/entertainment industries that glorify violance and drugs?  We have youth being culturally shaped by "cash money, pop a cap in dat ass, nigga fuck dem hoes". You think thats not a problem? Why not look at the fact that many violant crimes are committed by people on psychotropic drugs?  It's not guns that's causing the problem, so banning them will not fix the problem. We will still have nutbags committing shootings. Only now regular people will be unarmed, for no reason. We don't have a gun problem. We have a people problem. We are taught constantly to devalue life, to be out for ourselves. It doesn't matter how armed we are, it matters how much compassion we have. It's a cultural/character issue. Guns are just the shiny thong to look at to distract from the real issues.