Replies: 7532
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:41:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Airbnb

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, October 10, 2015, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

A good friend of mine who lives near the District of Columbia is now waiting for possible guests to his home. He recently fixed the lower level of his home to accommodate airbnb guests. He has signed up to airbnb, set up his profile, and now he's open for business.

Would you ever do it? Would you sign up to  have people stay with you or you stay at someone's place in a city you visit? Ready to ditch hotels for cozy home space?

http://www.airbnb.com/">http://www.airbnb.com/

Brian Chesky is the CEO of airbnb and he was recently seen in The Late Show with Stephen Colbert:

">https://youtu.be/hijGPym_xzk
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

asal

I used airbnb once to stay in Berlin.  I had a bachelor apartment to myself in a central neighbourhood (Mitte).  It was around 45 euros/night.  The one weird/funny thing is the ad claimed to provide breakfast - which I didn't care about.  The person who owns the apartment showed me the breakfast when she showed me around - it was that I was welcome to the contents of her fridge - everything already opened/half unused  :laugh: It was funny.  I didn't mention it in the rating - it's not important.  What is important is I had a safe, clean, cheap, centrally located private space.

RW

It's a good price for some places to stay.  There was a story about a couple in Calgary who had their house absolutely trashed though.  I'll dig up the video when I have more time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

You should put your house up. Fill it with Australians in ski season. Mmmmmm, the warming fragrance of vegemite on hot toast...Tim Tams everywhere. Pies, covered in sauce.

RW

Then where would I go?

Vegemite.  GAG!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Another part of the estate?

RW

My house is big enough...you might be onto something.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It's a good price for some places to stay.  There was a story about a couple in Calgary who had their house absolutely trashed though.  I'll dig up the video when I have more time.

That is the reason I will never let strangers use my house, out buildings or land.

RW

Id let you hang out in my shed if you wanted to.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Id let you hang out in my shed if you wanted to.

lol  ac_toofunny

Frood

I'd let Renee hang out in our barn.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You don't have a barn, Freud.

In fact, if memory serves, you live in a sparse Government flat.

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I'd let Renee hang out in our barn.

Is that where you killed your husband's cat? ac_biggrin

I have a feeling that anyone that stayed in a home of a psycho like you would need to sleep with one eye open.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frood

The offer still stands, Renee.

I could get some machinery moved so you can sprawl out fully in a corner.  :001_tongue:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

The only machinery you've got is a very old Tower Of Power.