Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

North Vancouver makes climate change warning stickers mandatory at gas pumps

Started by Anonymous, November 27, 2015, 09:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"You Canadians are fucking crazy.

And what, pray tell, do the proponents of this inanity expect to achieve?

"Wait...if I fill up, the moose will die? Fuck it. I'm walking."

Yes.

It would work on me.

I feel better about riding my bike, taking transit and walking.

People should think twice when filling their tank.

Thanks a lot for drinking the Kool Aid we're being force fed. If it was up to dick heads like you we'd all be living in sod huts and have a lifespan of about 45 years of age which means you'd already be history. Remember dunce, your shoes, your bike and the bus have petroleum in them.

Bricktop

Yes.

It would work on me.

So, you will ride your bike in -20F to the mall to do your grocery shopping with your 4 kids?

You'll ride your bike to Mexico on your next holiday?

Your next date will pick you up to take you to dinner on his bike?

Fuck, you two wheelers are so sanctimoniously DUMB. Bikes are NO answer to modern transport demands, except for looney foil hat wearers who think they are saving the planet while simultaneously creating a major hazard on our roads.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

Yes.

It would work on me.

So, you will ride your bike in -20F to the mall to do your grocery shopping with your 4 kids?

Fuck, you two wheelers are so sanctimoniously DUMB. Bikes are NO answer to modern transport demands, except for looney foil hat wearers who think they are saving the planet while simultaneously creating a major hazard on our roads.

It's not an option for my family Mr Crowley.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

You might feel physically better about riding your bike or walking, but it has no impact on climate change. I like to walk when I can, but when I cannot there is no need to feel guilty about it. Labels on the pump are a meaningless campaign. Another cost that is passed on to us for no reason at all.

People need to start demanding exactly how much new costs or taxes will translate into slowing down climate change. If they cannot answer that, they should not get to charge us more.

asal

Yes.

It would work on me.

fuck, you four wheelers are so self-servingly DUMB.  Bikes are YES answer to 19th century transport demands, except for toonie foil hat washers who know they are saving the planet while simultaneously being a major hazard on our planet.

asal

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Yes.

It would work on me.

You might feel physically better about riding your bike or walking, but it has no impact on climate change. I like to walk when I can, but when I cannot there is no need to feel guilty about it. Labels on the pump are a meaningless campaign. Another cost that is passed on to us for no reason at all.

People need to start demanding exactly how much new costs or taxes will translate into slowing down climate change. If they cannot answer that, they should not get to charge us more.

It doesn't have much of an impact.  But, a very small one at least.  And I got strong legs and bum from it.  Really strong because I had to ride up and down hills.  I also improved my cardio.  It felt good to ride - it was fun, great to be out in the air.  I'll get back on the bike in Spring.

asal

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yes.

It would work on me.

Thanks a lot for drinking the Kool Aid we're being force fed. If it was up to dick heads like you we'd all be living in sod huts and have a lifespan of about 45 years of age which means you'd already be history. Remember dunce, your shoes, your bike and the bus have petroleum in them.

No problem dogmatic dunce.  Thanks for ignoring the warnings that you're being softly introduced to and persist in ignoring.  If it was up to dick heads like you no one would believe a word of science and we'd have a lifespan of about what we have now since you are informing history.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

It doesn't have much of an impact.  But, a very small one at least.  And I got strong legs and bum from it.  Really strong because I had to ride up and down hills.  I also improved my cardio.  It felt good to ride - it was fun, great to be out in the air.  I'll get back on the bike in Spring.

It's good for exercise, but that's about it. Whether you and all your friends drive or not will have no affect on climate one way or another.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

No problem dogmatic dunce.  Thanks for ignoring the warnings that you're being softly introduced to and persist in ignoring.  If it was up to dick heads like you no one would believe a word of science and we'd have a lifespan of about what we have now since you are informing history.

Where is Shen Li ignoring "science"? She's right, everything you use has got oil in it. That is not going to change in our lifetimes nor should it.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

fuck, you four wheelers are so self-servingly DUMB.  Bikes are YES answer to 19th century transport demands, except for toonie foil hat washers who know they are saving the planet while simultaneously being a major hazard on our planet.

What is a major hazard to our planet? Internal combustion engine vehicles? Not since the invention of the catalytic converter.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

Where is Shen Li ignoring "science"? She's right, everything you use has got oil in it. That is not going to change in our lifetimes nor should it.

If there's nothing we can do as individuals to stop climate change, what should we do collectively?

Anonymous

^^I am not saying we should not conserve. Wasting anything is never good. It won't kill or save the planet as asal believes, but it means less waste at landfills. Do you really need the latest 80 inch high definition smart tv? Or the latest tablet or smart phone?

This produces tangible results unlike cycling vs driving.

Beyond that, governments need to move away from emissions target cuts and on to adapting changes in climate. We also need to stop the rapid deforestation of carbon sinks like in Indonesia and Brazil.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

Careful using logic, engineering or science on someone with the IQ of a refrigerator.

Anonymous

Yes.

It would work on me.

Careful using logic, engineering or science on someone with the IQ of a refrigerator.

The insults are unnecessary Shen Li.