The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Canada's richest 1% earned $454,800 average in 2013 and paid $151,900 in tax

Started by Anonymous, November 05, 2015, 12:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I have worked on many wells in Alberta. It's not a cheap place to live. Notley has deliberately made it more expensive for upper middle class families. I still say those thousands of bucks are better off with the families that made them rather than a greedy government that takes them. Our provincial NDP is distancing themselves from her greed.

RW

It's not the government's fault Alberta is an expensive place to live.  That seems to happen when people who live in an area have a lot of money.  People want to capitalize on their wealth and make things more pricey.  The "greedy" government isn't the one making your cost of living high.

Notley has had enough sense to not further burden the actual middle class which she could have by implementing provincial sales tax like the rest of us who don't live in the northern territories pay.

No one likes paying taxes Herman but Albertans pay considerably less than the rest of the provinces in Canada.  Why?  Because you are resource rich.  Now that they resource sector has taken a hit, money has to come from somewhere and the NDP has chosen to tax those who will feel less of a burden from it.  When Fash says her husband will have to pay an extra $2600 in taxes a year, that works out to like $25 a pay cheque.  BOO FUCKING HOO!  (No offense Fash.)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

PROVINCIAL SALES TAX RATES

Alberta 0%

Saskatchewan 5   %

British Columbia 7%

Manitoba 8%

New Brunswick 8%   

Newfoundland and Labrador 8%

Ontario 8%

Prince Edward Island 9%

Quebec 9.975%

Nova Scotia 10%
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

PROVINCIAL TAX RATES 2015 (over approximately $150,000)

Alberta 10.74%

ON 12.16%

NFLD 13.3%

SASK 15%

PEI 16.7%

BC 16.8%

MB 17.4%

NB 17.84%

NS 21%*

QC 25.75%
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

That figure is wrong RW. Under Bill 2 passed by Nothead's government income between $125,000 and $150,000 will be taxed 12 per cent; between $150,000 and $200,000 that number will be 13 per cent.

From $200,000 and $300,000 14 per cent will be taxed and income over $300,000 will be taxed at a rate of 15 per cent.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/18/personal-business-tax-increases-tabled-in-alberta-legislature">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/18/p ... egislature">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/06/18/personal-business-tax-increases-tabled-in-alberta-legislature

That's fine though. The Alberta advantage Ralph Klein created was overrated anyway. Besides, Nothead's band of baristas know how to spend my money better than I do. :001_rolleyes:

RW

For 2015, the tax rate for $150,000 is 10.75% then it goes to 11% then to 11.25% as income increases.  I already posted the tables TWICE.

You're still lower than every other province except the territories.

My point is that Albertans bitching about their taxes being too high is fucking laughable.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

My combined federal and provincial rate jumps to 46% next year from 40 this year. Alberta's top marginal rates on both eligible and non-eligible dividends both went up over 20%. Capital gains will increase 15% next year to 23% from 20 this year. All this for the privilege of having a government that will add 50 billion debt and threaten our triple A credit rating. Back to coffee shops and public payroll for these inept morons in 2019.

RW

You are going up a couple of percentage points in tax.  As I pointed out with Fash's actual numbers, it equates to about $25 a paycheque.  Does that really have a significant impact on someone making over $125K a year? Nah.  

I also agree with higher taxes on investment gains.  

In my world, the government takes me at a higher percentage than you pay in income tax then takes an extra 7% on everything I buy after that.

Listening to the upper middle class whine about how tough it is to pay their damn taxes is still a fucking joke.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

In 1988, ten different tax brackets were consolidated into three with the top rate lowered. Still, the average wage earner in Ontario paid more in 1965 than they do today. This does not include a near tripling of CPP contributions.

What is concerning is combined federal & Ontario tax brackets and tax rates including surtaxes is now up to 53 and a half percent. NDP leader Mulcair recognized that Trudeau's plan to raise the top bracket over ten percent while only lowering it on the lower middle class by about six percent puts us on a slippery slope. Expect more scapegoating as governments find it more difficult to make good on spending promises.