Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Washing Meat Products

Started by keeper, November 12, 2015, 09:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

Okay im curious about something, I know most of you cook and prepare meals right? Do you rip the meat out of the package and just cook it or........

Do you Wash your Chicken under the tap with water before you cook it?  Yes or No

Do you Wash your Steak under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

Do you Wash your Pork Chops under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

Do you Wash your Fish under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

Does it kill the bone fragments on pork chops?

So you dont wash anything?

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper"Does it kill the bone fragments on pork chops?

So you dont wash anything?

It depends, I'll wash a whole roasting chicken just to get everything out of the body cavity. I'll sometimes wash or inspect fish such as salmon fillet just to see if there are any bones left.

As for bone fragments in pork chops, I haven't experienced anything like that. Then again if I have a choice I will opt for boneless chops.

So do they beat the pigs to death or run them over with a car in Canada?   :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

keeper

lol, Bone fragments like them cutting it with a band saw.

I guess im weird because i just don't trust butchers, I know a lot of them and their fucken pigs. Dropping a $25.00 dollar steak on the floor and putting it back in the bin to be wrapped and priced. Do you think they would throw that steak away? HELL NO its getting served to the public.

When i cook a whole roasting Chicken/Turkey i clean that bitch with a fine tooth comb.

My gawd maybe RW is right, im a germaphobe

RW

Most butchers I know are clean freaks.

They cut meat with a bandsaw not a damn wood chipper.

I clean my chicken and turkey just as Renee does but that's it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper"lol, Bone fragments like them cutting it with a band saw.

I guess im weird because i just don't trust butchers, I know a lot of them and their fucken pigs. Dropping a $25.00 dollar steak on the floor and putting it back in the bin to be wrapped and priced. Do you think they would throw that steak away? HELL NO its getting served to the public.

When i cook a whole roasting Chicken/Turkey i clean that bitch with a fine tooth comb.

My gawd maybe RW is right, im a germaphobe

As I said Keeper.....fire kills everything. The only way to kill the harmful bacteria on meat is to cook it.

Anonymous

I wash veggies under the tap, but not meat.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Okay im curious about something, I know most of you cook and prepare meals right? Do you rip the meat out of the package and just cook it or........

Do you Wash your Chicken under the tap with water before you cook it?  Yes or No

Do you Wash your Steak under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

Do you Wash your Pork Chops under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

Do you Wash your Fish under the tap with water before you cook it? Yes or No

The only time I put meat near water is to thaw it out under warm water.

keeper

Where did I say anything about bacteria?  I'm talking dirt, grit, shit from the floor.

RW, you haven't used a bandsaw have you? Because if you have you would know what I'm talking about when they split pork chops.

And, you can be as clean as you want , people still drop shit on the floor, wipe their nose pick their ass whatever,  omfg I can't believe you people don't RINSE OFF YOUR MEATS..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Where did I say anything about bacteria?  I'm talking dirt, grit, shit from the floor.

RW, you haven't used a bandsaw have you? Because if you have you would know what I'm talking about when they split pork chops.

And, you can be as clean as you want , people still drop shit on the floor, wipe their nose pick their ass whatever,  omfg I can't believe you people don't RINSE OFF YOUR MEATS..

Meat is wrapped..

If the wrap is torn, don't buy it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Fire kills everything.

exactly

keeper

Anonymous

Any germs or crud will be killed by the heat.

RW

Quote from: "Keeper"Where did I say anything about bacteria?  I'm talking dirt, grit, shit from the floor.

For your information I have used a bandsaw.  

I can't believe you think rinsing your meat does a damn thing aside from curbing your germophobia.
Beware of Gaslighters!