News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

Re: Decadence: Decline Of The Western World.

Started by Anonymous, December 20, 2012, 12:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Romero

The world has hit peak oil. There are no more new oilfields. It's why everything now is sands, shale, deep sea and the Arctic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/US_Crude_Oil_Production_versus_Hubbert_Curve.png/458px-US_Crude_Oil_Production_versus_Hubbert_Curve.png">

And climate change has cost the US tens of billions of dollars this year.

"Alien culture"? Who's an alien culture?

Anonymous

Hi Romero, I hope you have a nice Christmas.

:)

Romero

Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Leopardsocks

There will be no dominant force in the world from here on in. No superpower throwing its weight around. Humanity has matured, and America has demonstrated that no nation has the merit and status to declare itself superior to all other nations.

The American myth is fully exposed as hype, propaganda, hypocrisy and lies. Just as the British Empire before it.

But to predict the demise, or fall, of the West is nonsense. England once dominated a major part of the world as an Imperial, colonising, military Goliath. No nation has ever controlled that much of that planet before or since...but those days are gone.

But is England a spent force? Not remotely. Neither will America be.

They can still bite hard if pushed. They may not be able to project imperialistic ambition, but they can still land a punch.

India and China may rise in economic terms, but it seems those that see a dragon rising aren't looking closely. If the west stops buying, China stops selling. And China has yet to confront the demands of its citizens who will want a share of the wealth...rest assured, the days of the communist dictatorship are numbered, and then China will fracture.

EU

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"

The American myth is fully exposed as hype, propaganda, hypocrisy and lies. Just as the British Empire before it.

But to predict the demise, or fall, of the West is nonsense.

"Nonsense" Is Shin Li's specialty...and a lil girl with a big chip on her shoulder for whitey can at least dream can't she?

instigator

hey homoron is that a pic of a m+ngrel as your avatar?

heinzy

Quote from: "Shen Li"I taped this documentary thinking it would be an objective discussion of the West's decline. Did they talk much about the West's demographic timebomb, ponzi scheme entitlements, pandering to well financed/organized NGO's, mortgaging future generations livelihoods with expensive promises today and immigration from alien cultures? Yes, but not nearly enough.

What will kill the West according to the "objective" producers of this propaganda film are the Cold War, "peak oil", climate change and the 2008 global financiaal crisis. BRIC countries are moving full steam ahead with industrialization and the biggest problems the West faces are the peak oil myth and climate change? That is what is causing the West's share of global wealth to rapidly shrink and debt to grow? The USA peaked in the late 1960's, but why deal with facts when you can blame it all on an event 5 years ago or the Cold War of 5 decades ago.

I knew it was more head in the sand, ignore the real problems and focus on the non-existent ones leftist BS when I saw Noam Chomsky. Can you believe that?  That geriatric old anarchist. About the only thing that wasn't total BS was the claim that deline is historically inevitable.  Anyway, the title does it a disservice and I recommend nobody waste their time watching this drivel.

Chomsky ....Alinsky....Polish names .... a long line of --name the child by it's true name please --- European commy  phantasts. Present Americans merely parrot that mental Pablum of long redundant schmuck of bygone industrial revolution days.

Chomsky ....Alinsky....Trotsky.....Marx....Lenin....Engels....a long line of Yewish 'social' 'revolutionaries'.

I don't want revolution , I only want systems and people to function  as they are supposed to do ...like snow cleared roads after a snow fall ... like talking to a person when I telephone them and not hanging on a revolving squirrel wheel for 45 minutes ....

heinzy

Quote from: "Romero"  The world has hit peak oil. There are no more new oilfields. It's why everything now is sands, shale, deep sea and the Arctic.

Uhuh ... heard that in 1973 too... was advised not to travel to South America. Did anyway.... one gallon of gas in Brazil at that time was about 20 cents... btw , a gallon has about 4 litres. I leave the conversion too you....

Quote from: "Romero"And climate change has cost the US tens of billions of dollars this year.

Am I glad that mankind is not responsible for the latest earth's climate change.

Quote from: "Romero""Alien culture"? Who's an alien culture?

It's '"What's " not "Who"

Persons can indeed represent alien culture by  .... "Being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world"  (WordWeb)

Boy that was a tuffy...

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"There will be no dominant force in the world from here on in. No superpower throwing its weight around. Humanity has matured, and America has demonstrated that no nation has the merit and status to declare itself superior to all other nations.

But to predict the demise, or fall, of the West is nonsense. England once dominated a major part of the world as an Imperial, colonising, military Goliath. No nation has ever controlled that much of that planet before or since...but those days are gone.

But is England a spent force? Not remotely. Neither will America be.

They can still bite hard if pushed. They may not be able to project imperialistic ambition, but they can still land a punch.

India and China may rise in economic terms, but it seems those that see a dragon rising aren't looking closely. If the west stops buying, China stops selling. And China has yet to confront the demands of its citizens who will want a share of the wealth...rest assured, the days of the communist dictatorship are numbered, and then China will fracture.

I agree the CCP dynasty will not last, but it would be false to assume the next dynasty will be modeled after the failed Western liberal democracy example. In fact, I think you have it backwards it is that model that cannot sustain itself. It is built entirely upon pandering for today instead of a vision. Think about it, the West is broke while responsible countries like China and Singapore are sitting on huge sovereign wealth funds. The West has ponzi scheme entitlements they know cannot continue without drastic chnge. When they do become insolvent how do you think their spoiled occupyesque populations will react? Do you think the West's selfish spoiled people will make sacrifices?

China and the East will outlast the irresponsible West.

The West's SYSTEM may well collapse...and I will help wherever possible to make it so...but do not make the mistake of assuming that will weaken the West. Quite the opposite.

While its true Western Governments have borrowed from the future to pay for their greed, and the economic system of capitalism will collapse, let us not forget that the economic clout that you ascribe to China and Singapore is built on what is tantamount to slave labour, and thus it is, in itself a fake economy.

China is the West's sweatshop. But when we stop consuming, China stops selling...and nobody wants Chinese branded goods. Dont fool yourself, Made In China is acceptable. Designed and developed in China is not. Likewise India.

If you spread the wealth in the way of the West, you'd find that Asian economies are not nearly as immense as made out.

You will not see any Chinese designed cars, electronics, home wares and intellectual innovation matching it with the West for many years yet.

Leopardsocks

So, tell me, Madam Fang...what Asian innovation or invention has enlightened us this past 50 years?

heinzy

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Islam is about as alien as it gets.

Amen.

BritishManwhore

If you hate the west so much, why do you live there? Why not live in China and run the risk of getting thrown in a slave labour camp for 1-3 years, without trial?

BritishManwhore

I don't care where you live, I'm just curious about why you would choose to live there if you hate it so much.

Romero