News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What Books are you interested in reading over the Christmas Holidays & New Year?

Started by J0E, December 17, 2015, 10:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I wish I could finish Crime and Punishment.  I fall asleep when I read now :(

You are an egghead RW.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
Sorry, I have to agree with Shen on that. They are all volumes of bullshit, bound in speculative hogwash, written to capitalize monetarily on the geopolitical tribulations of our current time and nothing more.

Put another way, none have been made into a movie by Hollyweird, so Renee has no idea what they are about.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Sorry, I have to agree with Shen on that. They are all volumes of bullshit, bound in speculative hogwash, written to capitalize monetarily on the geopolitical tribulations of our current time and nothing more.

Put another way, none have been made into a movie by Hollyweird, so Renee has no idea what they are about.

That would be me, but not Renee. She's as much an egghead as RW.

Bricktop

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

Another moronic lame post.  :001_rolleyes: You're just tripping all over yourself to get my attention, aren't you? And it's amazing how you really don't care how stupid you look in the process.  :laugh3:

Actually I'm surprised to see you in a thread concerning books. Most Aussies have no use for them unless they need to hold a door open.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"She is not an egghead.

She is egg-shaped.

Are you saying I'm fat?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"She is not an egghead.

She is egg-shaped.

Are you saying I'm fat?

No he's saying I'm fat. Like that's something clever or original.

Your boyfriend is a fucking Alzheimer's patient. That's what you get when you comb retirement homes for dates.

You really need to start trading up.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Oh you two.  Never a dull moment.

I just don't understand how saying I'm egg shaped is calling you fat.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oh you two.  Never a dull moment.

I just don't understand how saying I'm egg shaped is calling you fat.

Egg shaped?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Another Book I'd like to get a hold of this Christmas is by the American Architect, Frank Lloyd Wright.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/92/f7/06/92f706eeb3786f8aa84afd9fd5a837a9.jpg">

Genius and the Mobocracy - very nicely illustrated where Wright who studied and worked under his mentor, architect Louis Sullivan, documented his works as well. eg - type of illustrations featured, of Sullivan's sketches/works:

http://www.steinerag.com/flw/Periodic%20Images/ArchForum8-49.jpg">

QuoteDate: 1949

Publication: Genius and the Mobocracy   (Hard Cover - DJ)  (Published by Duell, Sloan and Pearce, New York)

Author: Wright, Frank Lloyd

Description: Shortly before his death in 1924, Louis Sullivan gave Frank Lloyd Wright 100 of his drawings, instructing him to write his architectural biography. "Not having so much to be humbled about, I have tried - with honest arrogance - to describes the tragedy, triumph, and significance of the great man who invariably signed himself Louis H. Sullivan; to tell you why I, through never his disciple - nor that of any man - called him Liebermeister. His own beautiful drawings, from which I have selected those used here, are better testimonies than any I could offer in words." Frank Lloyd Wright. Illustrated with 39 hitherto unpublished drawings by Louis H. Sullivan. Original HC List Price $5.00. Book review in Saturday Review. (First Edition)  (Two Copies)  (Sweeney 750)

Size:

Pages: Pp 113

S#: 0750.00.0798, 0750.00.0999

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!