The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

All I Want for Christmas is ..... A "Real" Christmas Story from the Carolinas

Started by cc, December 20, 2015, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Ace

Quote from: "Dove"In the same post about no one is different, you begin condescending religious people. Are you guys even the tiniest bit self aware?  And didn't you just pull the "no true scottsman"?

If you wanna converse about specific shit I've said, you should learn to quote...

Anonymous

The whole thing.  It was pretty presumptious and condescending.  And you totally pulled the no true scotsman. As if there is a set code of conduct for a non belief.  Was Stalin a 'real' atheist?

Ace

Quote from: "Dove"The whole thing.  It was pretty presumptious and condescending.  And you totally pulled the no true scotsman. As if there is a set code of conduct for a non belief.  Was Stalin a 'real' atheist?

There is a set code.  You only know it if you truly are an Atheist.

I have provided examples of behaviour from people that may think they are Atheist, but quite haven't attained that yet.  Most likely their kids will be "full blown," so to speak...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"You see, true Atheists rarely even bother with the religion of others.  When I'm with my friends, religion is not a topic to discuss, since it doesn't pertain to us, and is of no interest to us.

We may speak of religion, but we lump it all together...  Other than fanatics that cause trouble, we don't really differentiate between Muslims, Jews, Christians or Scientologists.  We view them as no different than one another.  And they aren't.

We do understand, however, that some people need religion in their lives.  Sometimes, it works for some people.  We also understand that most people are indoctrinated into religion from very young.  We know this engrains these thought patterns into their brains, which is very hard to ever remove.  That's why religion likes to get 'em started young!

Atheists are probably the most truthful people that you'll ever meet.  They will not preach a fucking thing, and don't have someone to "repent their sins" to.  You see, if we are assholes all week, we get to live with that.  We don't have "confession" to make our poor behaviour "all better."
 Theerrreee we go. Here, this shit. It's quoted now.  Let's converse.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"
Quote from: "Dove"The whole thing.  It was pretty presumptious and condescending.  And you totally pulled the no true scotsman. As if there is a set code of conduct for a non belief.  Was Stalin a 'real' atheist?

There is a set code.  You only know it if you truly are an Atheist.

I have provided examples of behaviour from people that may think they are Atheist, but quite haven't attained that yet.  Most likely their kids will be "full blown," so to speak...
 So you ARE religious. Interesting.

Ace

Quote from: "Dove"Was Stalin a 'real' atheist?

He may have been.  I personally don't know his "real" views on a greater power, but he may have been.

However, understand that many people with exposure to any Church, such as Stalin, are actually Agnostic...  They despise organized religion, but may still believe in a "higher power."

My Mother is one such example...  She despises organized religion, but isn't sure if there's a higher power or not.  She is an Agnostic.  Again, totally different than an Atheist.

Ace

Quote from: "Dove"So you ARE religious. Interesting.

I'm not.  Unless, of course, you view the view of no higher power as a religion in itself.

I guess it could be construed as shared values.  However, the belief requires no teacher, no class, no indoctrination, no ideals, no morals, etc etc etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"
Quote from: "Dove"So you ARE religious. Interesting.

I'm not.  Unless, of course, you view the view of no higher power as a religion in itself.

I guess it could be construed as shared values.  However, the belief requires no teacher, no class, no indoctrination, no ideals, no morals, etc etc etc.

You are religious. You have a belief system with a title and adhere to a code of conduct based on that belief. That is the definition of religious.

Ace

Ace

Look Dove...  If you are a Bible thumper, that's your business.

I really don't care.

However, I know your type quite well...  Gonna try to convert me?  Others do!

I am a resistant bastard.  I cannot be broken.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"You're wrong, actually...

No, I'm not. You live by a title and set code of conduct. That's religion.  
Quote from: "Ace"Look Dove...  If you are a Bible thumper, that's your business.

I really don't care.

However, I know your type quite well...  Gonna try to convert me?  Others do!

I am a resistant bastard.  I cannot be broken.
 I am of the reformed theology ilk.  According to the bible, humans don't convert humans.  I'm quite sure you know all about everyone, don't ya? ;)

Ace

Ace

Ace

In all honesty, Dove?

It's moot.  It doesn't matter to me.

Why? As much as you'd like me to "understand" your beliefs, you will never understand mine.

That is why true Atheists like me just don't bother.  We don't care.

Dove?  You are a good example of the people we avoid.