Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

embarrassing fail at Ms. Universe contest

Started by Anonymous, December 21, 2015, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I feel so bad for Ms. Colombia.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRmmWX5XI

Annie

Wow, he must be super embarrassed, poor guy. I guess knowing what "first runner up" is mandatory for a contest like this.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Wow, he must be super embarrassed, poor guy. I guess knowing what "first runner up" is mandatory for a contest like this.

I thought first runner up didn't need explanation.

:confused1:

Renee

Who gives a fuck? Why is this vapid shit news?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Wow, he must be super embarrassed, poor guy. I guess knowing what "first runner up" is mandatory for a contest like this.

Steve Harvey ever look like a dummy.

Bricktop

Romero

QuoteDespite the giant mess that was the 2015 Miss Universe pageant, Miss Colombia still came out looking like a winner.

When asked to comment on the mistake, Miss Colombia responded with the poise and grace of someone who didn't just have a crown taken off her head in front of millions of live viewers:

"Everything happens for a reason, so I'm happy for all of what I've did," she said.

Harvey was not nearly as smooth about the whole ordeal -- he wrote a tweet to once again apologize for his mistake, and ended up publishing possibly the most unfortunately misspelled tweet of 2015:

"I want to apologize emphatically to Miss Philippians and Miss Columbia. This was a terribly honest human mistake and I am so regretful."

Not only did Harvey announce the wrong winner, but he misspelled the names of BOTH of their countries in his initial apology tweet (which he has since deleted).

Considering the genuine grace and humility that Gutierrez has already displayed throughout this entire affair, it's likely that Miss Colombia would probably forgive Harvey for that, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/miss-colombia-gracefully-responds-to-steve-harveys-colossal-mistake_56781113e4b0b958f65724e0">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/miss-colombia-gracefully-responds-to-steve-harveys-colossal-mistake_56781113e4b0b958f65724e0

http://andersonatlarge.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c697453ef0154339fbdcb970c-800wi">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Who gives a fuck? Why is this vapid shit news?

It's entertainment news.

Rambo Wong

No Ban Mooi is as beautiful as Miss China. She should be cleaning my room.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"No Ban Mooi is as beautiful as Miss China. She should be cleaning my room.

They give you your own room at the men's shelter

@realAzhyaAryola

This proves that you don't have to be intelligent to be in show business. Philippians is a book in the Bible. Colombia is not the same as Columbia as in the District of Columbia. I'm not surprised that Steve Harvey made all these gaffes. He is just another celebrity who is truly ignorant and not much to speak of between the ears.

Pay attention: The correct spelling is Philippines. It's not Filipines or Philipins. Get it right.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"Who gives a fuck? Why is this vapid shit news?

It's entertainment news.

Oxymoron.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

My son is a fan of Sofia Vergara and because Miss Colombia looks like her, he thinks she's more stunning than Miss Philippines. I think she's cute. I don't think anyone really stood out to me. I did not watch this show. I only watched part of the question and answer on YouTube after this news piece came out. I was interested to see how the last 5 answered the questions. Again, no one really stood out to me as extraordinarily exceptional. I think Miss Philippines did okay but not necessarily outstanding. In fact, she said something that made me cringe when she said that she is confidently beautiful with a heart. Sigh. That remark reminds me of the hypocrites on VF and related forums selling themselves to whomever is gullible enough to believe them.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"This proves that you don't have to be intelligent to be in show business. Philippians is a book in the Bible. Colombia is not the same as Columbia as in the District of Columbia. I'm not surprised that Steve Harvey made all these gaffes. He is just another celebrity who is truly ignorant and not much to speak of between the ears.

Pay attention: The correct spelling is Philippines. It's not Filipines or Philipins. Get it right.

He is just another dumb celebrity.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Miss Universe?

Who comes up with this crap?

I personally think beauty contests are a waste of time. I don't watch it myself. I did not even know it was on yesterday until this stupidity splashed on my  evening news.

Why would I want to watch a bunch of shallow people parade around? It's not like they are going to find the cure for cancer. It's painfully stupid.
@realAzhyaAryola