The best topic

Replies: 8694
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:08:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

To all the evs-lovers.

Started by Bricktop, December 22, 2015, 09:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"me and evs disagree on damn near everything but i think i get where she comes from.... the bottom line is that its her site and she has all the cards. she doesn't pull a gun on ppl and make them post there. if they don't like the way she does business, they can hit the bricks.... its understandable. at least as far as i'm concerned....

Yes, true and you aren't the first person to say that. The shitting on her friends though is pretty low.

I figure you are black only.

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"me and evs disagree on damn near everything but i think i get where she comes from.... the bottom line is that its her site and she has all the cards. she doesn't pull a gun on ppl and make them post there. if they don't like the way she does business, they can hit the bricks.... its understandable. at least as far as i'm concerned....

Yes, true and you aren't the first person to say that. The shitting on her friends though is pretty low.

in real life, yeah. shitting on friends is lowdown.... but online, whats a friend? there are cool posters. and interesting posters. but they're only names on a screen. theres no loyalty here because theres no accountability here....

I'm talking about people who know her on and off the screen.

deadskinmask

my advice to anyone who has online problems with someone they know offline is this - go see em face to face. work it out. problems arise here because its just written words and you can't really tell what the actual meaning is that the other person is going for. sarcasm, sympathetic, joking etc.... its subject to interpretation and it seems that most of the time its the wrong interpretation.... and because theres no actual consequences, things get blown well out of proportion....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"my advice to anyone who has online problems with someone they know offline is this - go see em face to face. work it out. problems arise here because its just written words and you can't really tell what the actual meaning is that the other person is going for. sarcasm, sympathetic, joking etc.... its subject to interpretation and it seems that most of the time its the wrong interpretation.... and because theres no actual consequences, things get blown well out of proportion....

I think that has been tried.

deadskinmask

well.... i dunno. try again. or cut your losses.... acquaintances are found but friends are made....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"well.... i dunno. try again. or cut your losses.... acquaintances are found but friends are made....

It's no loss to me, other than VF used to be a good forum instead of the unimaginative troll drivel and baglicking it is today. However, that's how it goes.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "deadskinmask"well.... i dunno. try again. or cut your losses.... acquaintances are found but friends are made....

It's no loss to me, other than VF used to be a good forum instead of the unimaginative troll drivel and baglicking it is today. However, that's how it goes.

pots and kettles can always point out differences.... but the color stays the same....

Anonymous

pots and kettles can always point out differences.... but the color stays the same....

You didn't know that place though right after the demise of DV. It was a good mix of playful, HUMOUROUS trolling along with more serious topics. When Vesna refused to listen to her friends most left and it went down hill fast.

deadskinmask

You didn't know that place though right after the demise of DV. It was a good mix of playful, HUMOUROUS trolling along with more serious topics. When Vesna refused to listen to her friends most left and it went down hill fast.

this place ain't exactly setting the internet on fire either. both forums have pros and cons. i suggest ppl testdrive before they buy the car....

Anonymous

this place ain't exactly setting the internet on fire either. both forums have pros and cons. i suggest ppl testdrive before they buy the car....

I don't think management here has any interest in selling their soul just to boost the numbers of unimaginative trolls. There already is a Bastard Annex....no market for another one.

deadskinmask

this place is built on just as much resentment and hostility as any place else online.... every time a VF thred goes up, theres a line at the door to post in it.... i'm sure that there are ppl who wouldn't start one. i'm sure there are ppl who hate to see em.... BUT everyone here has a post or two they're dying to add.... same as it is at VF.... theres no 'good guys' in this situation. and theres no 'victory' to be had.... you either learn to let go of hate or learn to enjoy sinking to the bottom....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"this place is built on just as much resentment and hostility as any place else online.... every time a VF thred goes up, theres a line at the door to post in it.... i'm sure that there are ppl who wouldn't start one. i'm sure there are ppl who hate to see em.... BUT everyone here has a post or two they're dying to add.... same as it is at VF.... theres no 'good guys' in this situation. and theres no 'victory' to be had.... you either learn to let go of hate or learn to enjoy sinking to the bottom....

We used to be all one big happy family on one busy and interesting board. Now, we've all splintered into little factions or posters have left.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "deadskinmask"this place is built on just as much resentment and hostility as any place else online.... every time a VF thred goes up, theres a line at the door to post in it.... i'm sure that there are ppl who wouldn't start one. i'm sure there are ppl who hate to see em.... BUT everyone here has a post or two they're dying to add.... same as it is at VF.... theres no 'good guys' in this situation. and theres no 'victory' to be had.... you either learn to let go of hate or learn to enjoy sinking to the bottom....

We used to be all one big happy family on one busy and interesting board. Now, we've all splintered into little factions or posters have left.

thats how it goes and thats why i say theres no 'good guys' in this..... i'm absolutely 100% positive that everyone involved in the 'big ol forum war' feels like they were done wrong.... and every personal attack they make is 100% justified.... but the bottom line is that this petty personal grievance is killing both forums.... i don't care either way. i don't think anyone here or there is a horrible person.... its just a misunderstanding that has grown into an un-reconcileable difference.... hate is a very destructive force. anything built around it is equally unstable....

Anonymous

thats how it goes and thats why i say theres no 'good guys' in this..... i'm absolutely 100% positive that everyone involved in the 'big ol forum war' feels like they were done wrong.... and every personal attack they make is 100% justified.... but the bottom line is that this petty personal grievance is killing both forums.... i don't care either way. i don't think anyone here or there is a horrible person.... its just a misunderstanding that has grown into an un-reconcileable difference.... hate is a very destructive force. anything built around it is equally unstable....

I don't believe it's as widespread as some people may believe it is, or at least I hope not.

Renee

Yeah that's how I feel.....Why can't we all just get along?  ac_biggrin

Hey 1967 called, it's looking for it's "summer of love" and it thinks you have it.  :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview