News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10412
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Should Republican Candidate Ted Cruz be allowed to run for President of the USA?

Started by J0E, January 02, 2016, 01:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

...he wasn't even born in the USA.

Records show that he was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

And that he even held dual Canadian US citizenship until quite recently when he renounced the former.

Given that much of America raised such a stink about Obama allegedly being a non-US citizen born outside of the country and perhaps in Africa, why is Ted Cruz allowed to run for president?

Or was the law changed? Or is Canada thought of as an exception?

RW

Yeah I found that strange too Joe.  I think he was born in Canada while his parents were working.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "RW"Yeah I found that strange too Joe.  I think he was born in Canada while his parents were working.

At least one of the Republican's previous candidates, John McCain, though born outside the continental 48 states, was born in a US territory at the time. Even though the territory doesn't exist anymore - the Panama Canal Zone. But that still qualified him under US law to run as President of the United States.

Cruz should be disqualified since others have & since the Republican party raised such a ruckus about Obama. One of his rivals, Republican Donald Trump was especially vocal about Obama's dubious birth claims.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blckpwk1voQ

Quote"If he wasn't born in this country, then he has pulled one of the great cons in politics."

The law's the law, and all presidential candidates, regardless of party affiliation should follow it. Republican party can't demand the highest standards from the opposition party, and then allow it to slip with one of their own. Otherwise, they are hypocrites. This is something the Democrats can zero in on and use as a campaign issue against the GOP.

Ace

Did ya know Trumps Grandfather made his money here in BC first, running a hotel & whorehouse in gold territory, before moving to New York?

He was German.

cc

Eligibility 101 - Anyone born of an American citizen is automatically an American citizen .... end of story

next question Joey

maybe try "is anyone with a strange shaped nose eligible?"

Oh, and thanks for your courteously starting this one under "Politics"  .. another rule you think doesn't apply to you, right?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Anonymous

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"And Romney was born in Mexico

John McCain was born in Panama I believe.

cc

Yes. The McCain thing was extra easy as Military base is considered US soil under as it relates to US law.

Jeez, seems so many foreign born run for pres ... Canada, Mexico, Panama , Kenya

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. The McCain thing was extra easy as Military base is considered US soil under as it relates to US law.

Jeez, seems so many foreign born run for pres ... Canada, Mexico, Panama , Kenya

ac_smile

I work with a lady who was born in Lahr, Germany in a Canadian military hospital.

cc

Not sure how our law works on that, but I "would expect" she would have citizenship via parents citizenship, assuming at least one was Canadian ... and dual (until a specific age) if one was not Canadian

I'm not 100 on that

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Not sure how our law works on that, but I "would expect" she would have citizenship via parents citizenship, assuming at least one was Canadian ... and dual (until a specific age) if one was not Canadian

Not 100 on that

She does.