The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Paying to Resign

Started by RW, January 13, 2016, 12:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"His freedom is to invest or not.  His freedom isn't to buy out the elected leadership of the province.

If he merely criticized her and told her to step down, that's one thing but he didn't.  He's using money to entice her out of office.  As a Canadian who cares about our democracy, I find that offensive.

He's not buying me. He's giving a thumbs down to investor confidence in this government, just like so many other companies and individuals have. Nooooooo problem.

I would be fine if that is what he was doing but he's saying he will invest in AB if your Premier resigns.  That goes directly to our democracy and it ain't right.

It sounds almost illegal; like using money to influence an elected official.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"His freedom is to invest or not.  His freedom isn't to buy out the elected leadership of the province.

If he merely criticized her and told her to step down, that's one thing but he didn't.  He's using money to entice her out of office.  As a Canadian who cares about our democracy, I find that offensive.

He's not buying me. He's giving a thumbs down to investor confidence in this government, just like so many other companies and individuals have. Nooooooo problem.

I would be fine if that is what he was doing but he's saying he will invest in AB if your Premier resigns.  That goes directly to our democracy and it ain't right.

Investment dollars move around all the time based on elections. Obviously, he wasn't serious, but the message was. This government is as bad for investors as it is for workers. He's perfectly free to invest his money where he wants and for whatever reason he wants including Nothead's destructive management.

easter bunny

Investment dollars move around all the time based on elections. Obviously, he wasn't serious, but the message was. This government is as bad for investors as it is for workers. He's perfectly free to invest his money where he wants and for whatever reason he wants including Nothead's destructive management.

And I was so hoping that things would go well in AB. =(

Anonymous

And I was so hoping that things would go well in AB. =(

As Alberta goes, so goes the nation. I understand the frustration people like O'Leary are expressing. I know he showboats, but our government is made up of baristas, social workers and students. Nobody in the NDP caucus has industry experience or have ever had any love for Alberta's economy. As O'Leary said, they are the wrong government at the worst time. Look at how the government of Saskatchewan is attracting investment and we are repelling it. This is why there are near weekly protests outside the Leg. here in the Czuk. This government not only does not have our backs when we need help the most, they kick us when we are down. Worst elected government I have seen in my life.

easter bunny

Oil's at $30 a bbl and falling and Iran's coming on line now.  What can they do? Oil sands are not exactly light sweet crude either. AB needs to diversify. This is going to be going on for a while. No easy fix.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Oil's at $30 a bbl and falling and Iran's coming on line now.  What can they do? Oil sands are not exactly light sweet crude either. AB needs to diversify. This is going to be going on for a while. No easy fix.

We have the same problem in Saskatchewan, but although employment is down in oil we are stealing investment from Alberta everyday. We are every bit as resource dependent as Alberta or BC. We are not raising corporate taxes, monkeying with royalties, no carbon taxes, no tripling locomotive taxes. I wish the government of Saskatchewan would promise to invest money in Alberta if she is reelected. The NDP in Alberta is the best thing to ever happen to Saskatchewan. :laugh3: