The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Diet Soda

Started by shin, January 14, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Aspartame can also mimic the symptoms of MS.  Diet soda is BAD!

We bought my mom this thing called a Soda Stream which lets you carbonate damn near anything.  You can carbonate tap water, juices, or your tea if you like.

http://www.sodastream.com">http://www.sodastream.com
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Aspartame can also mimic the symptoms of MS.  Diet soda is BAD!

We bought my mom this thing called a Soda Stream which lets you carbonate damn near anything.  You can carbonate tap water, juices, or your tea if you like.

They still make those things? The ex wife and I got one for a wedding gift twenty five years ago.

Bricktop

Get some Coke Life into ya!!!

http://www.themarketingsage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Coke-Life.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Get some Coke Life into ya!!!

Small Coke bottles have names on them here.

Bricktop

Yeah?

Show me one that says "Shen Li".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Yeah?

Show me one that says "Shen Li".

Unfortunately the racist bastards at Coca Cola are only using European names. :laugh3:

shin

Quote from: "RW"Aspartame can also mimic the symptoms of MS.  Diet soda is BAD!

I've heard of those. They used to advertise them on the radio a few years ago.

shin

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Yeah my advice is.....don't drink any of that stuff. Artificial sweeteners are linked to all sorts of aliments from headaches to an increased risk of contacting type 2 diabetes. Studies also show that drinking diet soda does nothing to control weight gain and in fact, has the opposite effect in many cases. So why drink it?

Drink seltzer or unsweetened ice tea and stay away from that crap.

Hmmm,You make a very good point.

If it weren't for the carbonation, I would probably give up sodas for life. At this point in my life, I rarely have more than a can a day. I don't drink pop every day, but some external factors cause me to crave it. Anything from humid weather to complimenting fast food.

Have you tried carbonated water with lemon?

A long time ago.

I used to be a heavy smoker, but I quit over a year ago. I noticed that when you smoke, your tastebuds are essentially coated in filth and it gets all the more difficult to taste anything that doesn't have a strong flavor.

When I quit, I thought it would be easier on me to also quit coffee and tea. A few months later, I decided i was over the nicotine addiction, so it wouldn't kill me to drink coffee and tea again. You can imagine i was drinking a lot more when it was coupled with a constant urge to light up.

Long story short, I'm a lot more sensitive to caffeine now, so I drink them both a bit more sparingly. I think I could go without caffeine every other day, but some days I tend to want it during the AM hours. getting rid fo my coffee maker wasn't the brightest of ideas, but it was a means to an end in the long run.

I think I'll be drinking more tea this year.

Have you gained any weight since you quit smoking? I did, but it's been a long time since I quit smoking and I lost most of it.

Yeah, a noticeable bit.

While it does bother me how much easier it is to gain weight without smoking and drinking coffee everyday, I try to remind myself of the positive aspects... Especially the rising cost of cigarettes here. When I started, they were less than $3.50 a pack. When I quit, the were over $12 a pack!

I was a smoker on and off for 15 years, but the price of most cigarettes was going up rapidly, mainly due to the taxes added by our city. I made a joke when they doubled in price that I would stop cold turkey when they got to be $10, but by then I had already looked into other more affordable options. It started with rolling tobacco, and ended with cigarillos (they taste awful, but most brands can be purchased for under $3 a pack.)

I was given a disposable e-cig a couple of years ago. I initially thought it was as bad as it would get for alternatives, but I used it to get over the hill when I was feeling the worst cravings during my road to quitting, and I haven't relapsed so far. Smoke free since 6/1/14.

I hear you brother.  I started smoking when I was thirteen. I quit in my thirties, so do the math there. I did not care about the expense that much. I did not want to be the 50% of people who die because of their smoking habit. I did the Nicorette gum for almost a year to get me over my nicotine addiction.

If you have been off tobacco for one year now, you are off of it for life from what I have seen. It's so liberating being free of cancer sticks. You can't smoke anywhere here anyway. Being outside in Saskatchewan when it is minus twenty and you are three metres from an entrance just to inhale poison is the biggest incentive I can think of to quit.

The winter we had during the 2012-2013 season was also helpful in quitting. We had more than a dozen days with wind chill below -10 F, and we had what felt like 3 blizzards melt and fall over again. We had snow from November to early May.

Like many progressive places, people aren't allowed to smoke in 95% of public places even outside. It seems the only places you can smoke now are in alleys or if you own a home. All of those medical marijuana patients will have to take to vaping. They're also cracking down on where people can vape here.

shin

From what I remember, I liked tea a little too much. I wanted to drink a cup almost every hour. At any rate, I think the caffeine will force me to slow down now that I'm older.

I sip on green tea all day. There's not a lot of caffeine in it. It's loaded with anti-oxidants too.

I've had green tea, but I recently learned that it's very likely I haven't ever had good quality green tea. Other than the stuff they sell at supermarkets, the only decent teas I can remember having were at Asian restaurants. The complimentary green tea they often give us here at sushi bars is diluted for sure.

Chicago has 2 Chinatowns, and I'm not very far from one of them. I keep making a point to go into this large market I see many people flock to, but I always forget since it's out of my way.

shin

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Get some Coke Life into ya!!!

I've never seen that before.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"The winter we had during the 2012-2013 season was also helpful in quitting. We had more than a dozen days with wind chill below -10 F, and we had what felt like 3 blizzards melt and fall over again. We had snow from November to early May.

Like many progressive places, people aren't allowed to smoke in 95% of public places even outside. It seems the only places you can smoke now are in alleys or if you own a home. All of those medical marijuana patients will have to take to vaping. They're also cracking down on where people can vape here.

I have not smoked in a long time now, but I know it goes too far. Stores have to have hide smokes behind cases. I went to buy some cigars for a buddy's first grandchild and the clerk would not let me see what was behind the case. I had to know a brand and she would get it for me. I am forty eight years old and some clerk younger than my son is telling me I am too young and impressionable to look at the cigars for sale. :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

From what I remember, I liked tea a little too much. I wanted to drink a cup almost every hour. At any rate, I think the caffeine will force me to slow down now that I'm older.

I sip on green tea all day. There's not a lot of caffeine in it. It's loaded with anti-oxidants too.

I've had green tea, but I recently learned that it's very likely I haven't ever had good quality green tea. Other than the stuff they sell at supermarkets, the only decent teas I can remember having were at Asian restaurants. The complimentary green tea they often give us here at sushi bars is diluted for sure.

Chicago has 2 Chinatowns, and I'm not very far from one of them. I keep making a point to go into this large market I see many people flock to, but I always forget since it's out of my way.

It's a myth that people have to spend a lot of money to get quality green tea..

I buy boxes of loose leaf China green tea in my city's China town..

It's not the best quality, but it's good and cheap.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I'd agree it's more about the availability than the price. Better grades of tea would be more likely to be found where more tea drinkers shop. It's a similar reason why the larger supermarkets wouldn't be the best place to find hot peppers.

Anonymous

I'd agree it's more about the availability than the price. Better grades of tea would be more likely to be found where more tea drinkers shop. It's a similar reason why the larger supermarkets wouldn't be the best place to find hot peppers.

Shin, how the fuck are you buddy? ac_drinks

Anonymous

At the grocery store I buy little containers of Tetley green tea that I take to work with me....it's ok.