The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Profiling

Started by RW, January 17, 2016, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Recently, three men who looked to be middle eastern were taking pictures of the entrances and exits of a mall in downtown Vancouver.  Apparently they had a perfectly good reason for it - they are visually impaired and use their phones to magnify the images.  Now some Canadians are "outraged" by the media's racial profiling used when putting out the story to find these men.

Is racial profiling fair?

To me, I don't give a shit about the feelings of people in the pursuit of public safety.  After so many terrorist attacks around the world being carried out by ISIS and Al Q, I don't give a shit if Canadians are outraged by profiling.  They had pictures of these men who were doing something out of the ordinary.  It was in the public's interest to find them and question them.  PERIOD.

This is just another example of PC bullshit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Profiling is fine by me. Certain types of people are more prone to commiting crime, law enforcement knows this and they need to be able to act on it. That's the realities of this world.

People who cry about profiling are clueless namby-pamby types who wouldn't know reality if it walked up to to them, shoved a bomb up their ass and lit the fuse.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

If authorities feel they need profiling, it should only be used in combination with suspicious behaviour..

I would prefer they not profile at all, but maybe I'm being unrealistic.

Bricktop

Profiling is simply human nature.

Everyone does it.

easter bunny

We shouldn't even be able to profile peoples' mental state based on nothing more than geography. The fact that we can proves that they have a nasty habit of slaughtering people who don't think the same way they do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"We shouldn't even be able to profile peoples' mental state based on nothing more than geography. The fact that we can proves that they have a nasty habit of slaughtering people who don't think the same way they do.

ac_dunno

cc

Ya. He got me on that one also. Maybe he's sending from he Bunny Bar?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

easter bunny

You just don't see an awful lot of diversity over there, and what is there keeps getting thinner.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/pics/416.jpg">

easter bunny

Let me rephrase it then:

The closer to Mecca you can trace your family's roots to, the greater the chances are that you're a loony willing to blow himself to bits in order to please Allah.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"Let me rephrase it then:

The closer to Mecca you can trace your family's roots to, the greater the chances are that you're a loony willing to blow himself to bits in order to please Allah.

Now I understand what you're saying easter bunny.

RW

That's all (not) good and well bunny, but when we start getting upset over "profiling" three guys who look middle eastern because they are taking pictures of mall entrances and exits, we need to give our damn heads a shake.

This is the dangers of PC bullshit.  We should not, under any circumstances, let those who want to be "sensitive" mess with our security.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"That's all (not) good and well bunny, but when we start getting upset over "profiling" three guys who look middle eastern because they are taking pictures of mall entrances and exits, we need to give our damn heads a shake.

This is the dangers of PC bullshit.  We should not, under any circumstances, let those who want to be "sensitive" mess with our security.

I'm still not sure if easter bunny is saying profiling is good in certain circumstances or it's always bad.

ac_dunno

RW

He's saying it's necessary :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"He's saying it's necessary :)

That's what I thought, but when I read what you wrote, I started second guessing what he meant.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"He's saying it's necessary :)

That's what I thought, but when I read what you wrote, I started second guessing what he meant.

It could be me too.  I don't think straight when I'm not well so I might have made a mess out of my response.
Beware of Gaslighters!