Replies: 10382
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:48:39 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Woke corporations vs their customers

Started by DKG, August 13, 2023, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

BMW's social media page for the Middle East did not switch its logo to the Pride Month, rainbow-themed logo that it sports on its main page for the rest of the world.

Herman

Not all companies talk down to their lowly customers.

ractor Supply Co. is a farming supplies retailer headquartered in Tennessee, and it's just gone where no large modern company has gone before.

The company is dropping the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals that it had previously set for itself. In addition, DEI roles will be eliminated, carbon emissions goals will be withdrawn, and the company will stop sending data to the Human Rights Campaign.

Tractor Supply made the move after information began circulating that the company was deeply involved in DEI and ESG initiatives, and its stock price took a nosedive.

"We work hard living up to our mission and our values every day, and represent the values of the communities and customers we serve," the company wrote in a statement. "We've heard from our customers that we have disappointed them. We have taken this feedback to heart."

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Translation:  Money talks, bullshit walks.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

DKG

A new study released by the nonprofit 1792 Exchange in conjunction with WestGroup Research and the Manuel H. Johnson Center for Political Economy.

The study finds that almost 80% of Americans feel that companies have gotten too political.

Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

American consumers have a message to any company that wants their business: Hold the politics.

Just ask conservative filmmaker Robby Starbuck. What started with a single post on X taking Tennessee-based Tractor Supply to task for its DEI policies has morphed into a growing national movement, sparking public outcry and prompting policy change from John Deere, Harley-Davidson, Jack Daniels, and Lowe's.

This enthusiasm harmonizes with a new study released by the nonprofit 1792 Exchange in conjunction with WestGroup Research and the Manuel H. Johnson Center for Political Economy.

The study finds that almost 80% of Americans feel that companies have gotten too political.

Affiliated with Troy University in Troy, Alabama, the Johnson Center seeks to oppose such ideological capture by training the next generation of business leaders in free-market principles.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

80% don't want politics in business while the other 20% are libtards with their heads up their ass.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.