The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I read that Prince's death was connected to an addiction to a pain relieving drug called Purcocet.

Percocet's are some strong pain killers. I heard/read that Prince would spend as much as $40k on percocets at one time. At even $20 a pill on hte black market, that's a whole lotta pills.

So doctors are getting patients addicted to pain killing medicine?

Do you know what illness Prince had that he was prescribed them in the first place?

I assume Percocet makes people high?

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I read that Prince's death was connected to an addiction to a pain relieving drug called Purcocet.

Percocet's are some strong pain killers. I heard/read that Prince would spend as much as $40k on percocets at one time. At even $20 a pill on hte black market, that's a whole lotta pills.

So doctors are getting patients addicted to pain killing medicine?

Do you know what illness Prince had that he was prescribed them in the first place?

I assume Percocet makes people high?

I have heard/read that Prince had a lot of pain in his back and hips. As far as his prescription, I would not know that, norr do I know if he even had a legal prescription. Percocet makes you high in a way, but it's relative. It's not a high like weed or acid, it's more a foggy kind of feeling, an I don't care kind of feeling, at least in my experience. I get dizzy but not fall down dizzy, if you see the difference.

By theway, I have a prescription for them. I've had 4 knee surgeries, a back surgery, and need another for torn ACL/MCL that I am doing my best to ignore. After I walk the dog in the mornings, once in a while my knee throbs and hurts alot so on the weekend I might take one once in a while. I would rather take a couple Advil - not the same, but not addicting, either.

All that definitely cuts down on my speed when chasing kids off my lawn, for sure.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "RW"Smoke more pot.

If I smoke much more, I won't have room in my lungs for any oxygen.

Oh well, it's for a good cause.

Renee

Then he won't give a fuck if kids are on his lawn. Win/win all the way around. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Renee"

Then he won't give a fuck if kids are on his lawn. Win/win all the way around. ac_biggrin

My dog will care. She has the fierce when it comes to kids on my lawn.

Anonymous

Percocet, is basically heroin pills. You get a euphoric rush of dopemine.  It's oxycodone cut with tylenol.  I got started on percocet.  Prince had hip injuries due to jumping around in heels through the whole Purple Rain era.  Yes, doctors get people hooked on opiates all the time. These pain relievers are what's driving the heroin epidemic. They are opiate narcotics.

Anonymous

It's is a shame that percocets are so addictive.

Anonymous

All the opiate pain killers are.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"All the opiate pain killers are.

I wish there was something doctors could prescribe that does what opiates do, but without the highly addicting side effects.

Anonymous

Nobody died, but Ozzy and Sharon separated after nearly thirty four years of marriage.

kiebers

Ozzy had a little somethin' somethin' on the side. Sharon said not this time...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Ozzy had a little somethin' somethin' on the side. Sharon said not this time...LOL

That would be hairstylist Michelle Pugh

Anonymous

Guy Clark (11/6/41 - 5/17/16) ... RIP   ac_crying

One of the great songwriters (and a strong performer) who was one of the linchpins of progressive country and outlaw country.

I'd post a vidclip here, but don't wanna waste bandwidth.  It's going in my Why God Created Trees thread.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Nobody died, but Ozzy and Sharon separated after nearly thirty four years of marriage.

I got the impression their marriage was as much a business arrangement as anything.