The best topic

Replies: 7062
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:45:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

easter bunny

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil died recently and then she lost one of her brothers two days later.

What's going on in the world???

It's just a theory but I think the stress of knowing that ww3 is just around the corner is literally killing people.   :sad:

Upon what evidence do you base this theory?

Common sense, the truth in the old adage having to do with worrying oneself sick, recent studies confirming that stress has a depressive effect on the immune system, and the assumption that most people who aren't yet brain dead can see what's coming.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil died recently and then she lost one of her brothers two days later.

What's going on in the world???

It's just a theory but I think the stress of knowing that ww3 is just around the corner is literally killing people.   :sad:

Upon what evidence do you base this theory?

Common sense, the truth in the old adage having to do with worrying oneself sick, recent studies confirming that stress has a depressive effect on the immune system, and the assumption that most people who aren't yet brain dead can see what's coming.

Hello easter bunny

ac_hithere

easter bunny

Anonymous

The Eagles were a great band.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"To be honest, Glen Fry wasn't my favorite Eagle.

Obviously.

Its FREY, darling.

J0E

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Sad news for Eagle's fans.

Glen Frey has passed away.

He'll get a great welcome at the Hotel California.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025

I never liked the Eagles much.

Weren't they at that Paris masscacre last year?

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Sad news for Eagle's fans.

Glen Frey has passed away.

He'll get a great welcome at the Hotel California.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35349025

I never liked the Eagles much.

Weren't they at that Paris masscacre last year?

That was the eagles of death metal JOE.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"To be honest, Glen Fry wasn't my favorite Eagle.

Obviously.

Its FREY, darling.

Thank you for pointing out the deficiencies in my tablet's auto-correct feature, you anal retentive, spelling nazi.

What would the world do with out YOU?  :001_rolleyes:

QuoteGlen Frey has passed away.

Oh and BTW, in this case "Glen" is spelled Glenn.  

So I guess we both slipped a little. But the next time you want to play spelling cop, try NOT to shove your baton up your ass. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"He was the co-writer of one of their greatest hits.  I would expect a bit of a fat head from him.

A lot of people write great hit songs, they're not curing cancer.  When your attitude and your ego causes enough friction for 2 of the 5 band members (Meisner and Felder) to walk away and say "fuck you" there is a problem.

If you are talking about "Take it Easy" he was as you say, a co-writer, story has it, most of the lyrics were written by Jackson Browne, Frey helped him finish it after JB developed writers block. AND the key elements of the musical arrangement (Bernie Leadon's guitar work and double banjo which BTW, makes the song) was produced and conceived by Gyn Johns. Frey was only one member of a team that put that song together. When you really listen to the song, it has Jackson Browne written all over it, even right down to were Frey is imitating Browne's vocal style.

To be honest, Frey was a great song writer, good vocalist and a mediocre guitar player. The Eagles were probably more his baby than even Don Henley's; with out him the band never would have existed.....But he was also by all accounts, a pompous bully and a cunt.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"He was the co-writer of one of their greatest hits.  I would expect a bit of a fat head from him.

A lot of people write great hit songs, they're not curing cancer.  When your attitude and your ego causes enough friction for 2 of the 5 band members (Meisner and Felder) to walk away and say "fuck you" there is a problem.

If you are talking about "Take it Easy" he was as you say, a co-writer, story has it, most of the lyrics were written by Jackson Browne, Frey helped him finish it after JB developed writers block. AND the key elements of the musical arrangement (which makes the song) was produced and conceived by Gyn Johns. Frey was only one member of a team that put that song together. When you really listen to the song, it has Jackson Browne written all over it, even right down to were Frey is imitating Browne's vocal style.

I have heard of Jackson Browne, but I can't think of a song he sings..

When I get home tonight I will google his work and compare it.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If you are talking about "Take it Easy" he was as you say, a co-writer, story has it, most of the lyrics were written by Jackson Browne, Frey helped him finish it after JB developed writers block. AND the key elements of the musical arrangement (which makes the song) was produced and conceived by Gyn Johns. Frey was only one member of a team that put that song together. When you really listen to the song, it has Jackson Browne written all over it, even right down to were Frey is imitating Browne's vocal style.

I'm pretty sure I posted a few of his songs in the "Pulse" thread if you want to fish through that. If not, just look up tunes like "Redneck Friend" or "Running on Empty" or even "Rock me on the Water". You will hear the similarities pretty clearly.

Anonymous

Thank you Renee, I'll look in the Pulse tonight.

I'm pretty sure I posted a few of his songs in the "Pulse" thread if you want to fish through that.

Renee

Thank you Renee, I'll look in the Pulse tonight.

I'm pretty sure I posted a few of his songs in the "Pulse" thread if you want to fish through that.

I just threw Jackson Browne's "Redneck Friend" into the pulse thread. It was written a year or so before "Take it Easy" and despite "Redneck Friend" being slightly more up tempo and harder edged, the two songs are very similar.

Wulf

Glenn Frey was a tyrant, as was Don Henley. The only difference was, Henley was more low key about it. Frey's abrasive and ham-handed control  over the band was the main reason why the band only lasted for about 6 years.

It's okay to be kind of a dick but when you make key members of the band hate you enough to quit.....it's not cool.

That being said, he was a talented song writer who wrote music that was a big part to the soundtrack of the 1970s and he should be remembered for that and not for being the jerk that he was.

Bricktop

IMO, "Desperado" was their best album, "Hotel California" was their finest song.