The best topic

Replies: 7062
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:45:41 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Oliver the Second on January 05, 2024, 06:17:17 PMActor David Soul, one half of 'Starsky and Hutch,' dies at 80

Actor David Soul, who earned fame as the blond half of crime-fighting duo "Starsky & Hutch" in the popular 1970s television series, has died at the age of 80.

His wife, Helen Snell, said Friday that "David Soul – beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother – died yesterday after a valiant battle for life in the loving company of family."

"He shared many extraordinary gifts in the world as actor, singer, storyteller, creative artist and dear friend," she said in a statement. "His smile, laughter and passion for life will be remembered by the many whose lives he has touched."

Soul portrayed detective Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson alongside Paul Michael Glaser as detective David Starsky in "Starsky & Hutch."

Soul and Glaser had cameos in the 2004 big-screen remake of "Starsky & Hutch," starring Ben Stiller as Starsky and Owen Wilson as Hutch.

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/actor-david-soul-one-half-of-starsky-and-hutch-dies-at-80
I loved that show when I was a kid.

Herman

Quote from: formosan on January 06, 2024, 01:29:43 PMI know who he is.....the car they drove is famous..

But, I don't know of any other movies or shows he has appeared in.
He played an assassin/traffic cop in the Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force.

Oliver the Second

He also had a hit in the 70's with 'Silver Lady'

Brent

Cindy Morgan, an actress known for her roles in "Caddyshack" and "Tron," has died.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's office in Florida confirmed her death, which they said was due to natural causes, but officials were not able to specify when she died. She was 69.

Raised in Chicago, Morgan first gained notice as a model who appeared in commercials for Irish Spring soap.

formosan

Quote from: Oliver the Second on January 06, 2024, 08:04:35 PMYou should watch more Star Trek

Edit - Seriously? Something that was on broadcast television in 1967 is now considered age-restricted? Wtf?

That's okay Oliver, I'm satisfied with the amount of time I spend watching Star Trek now.......none.
too old to be a fashionista

formosan

Former federal NDP leader Ed Broadbent passed away at age eighty seven.

Odinson

Carl Weathers 1948 - 2024.

Rest in peace Apollo Creed.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson on February 02, 2024, 03:43:15 PMCarl Weathers 1948 - 2024.

Rest in peace Apollo Creed.
He was younger than Sylvester Stallone. I thought he was older than him.

Oliver the Second

Toby Keith, country singer-songwriter, dies at 62 after stomach cancer diagnosis

Toby Keith, a hit country crafter of pro-American anthems who both riled up critics and was loved by millions of fans, has died. He was 62.

The "Should've Been a Cowboy" singer-songwriter, who had stomach cancer, died peacefully Monday surrounded by his family, according to a statement posted on the country singer's website. "He fought his fight with grace and courage," the statement said. He announced his cancer diagnosis in 2022.

The 6-foot-4 singer broke out in the country boom years of the 1990s, writing songs that fans loved to hear. Over his career he publicly clashed with other celebrities and journalists and often pushed back against record executives who wanted to smooth his rough edges.

He was known for his overt patriotism on post 9/11 songs like "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue," and boisterous barroom tunes like "I Love This Bar" and "Red Solo Cup." He had a powerful booming voice, a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor and range that carried love songs as well as drinking songs.

Among his 20 No. 1 Billboard hits were "How Do You Like Me Now?!," "As Good As I Once Was," "My List" and "Beer for My Horses," a duet with Willie Nelson. His influences were other working class songwriters like Merle Haggard and he tallied more than 60 singles on the Hot Country chart over his career.

https://apnews.com/article/toby-keith-country-singer-dies-6c01efcdb59f4481f5290d6334f107e6
Sad Sad x 1 View List

formosan

Country music icon Toby Keith passed away at age sixty two.

formosan

I'm sorry Oliver, I missed your post.

Odinson

Quote from: Shen Li on February 02, 2024, 04:07:50 PMHe was younger than Sylvester Stallone. I thought he was older than him.

Apollo Creed is portrayed as more mature than Stallone in Rocky.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson on February 06, 2024, 03:51:29 PMApollo Creed is portrayed as more mature than Stallone in Rocky.

He looks older too.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: formosan on February 06, 2024, 03:14:26 PMI'm sorry Oliver, I missed your post.

That's okay, I missed Joe's post on the Alternative Music board. He's faster than both of us!

Oliver the Second

Pop Tart Inventor Dies at 96 Ahead of Netflix Movie Adaptation

William "Bill" Post, the man credited with inventing the beloved Pop Tart died on Saturday, a Michigan funeral home confirmed to PEOPLE. He was 96.

Post's career in the food industry began at just 16 in Grand Rapids, when he got a job washing trucks at Hekman Business Company – which later became the popular snack brand known as Keebler.

After serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps in Japan, Post returned to Hekman and rose up in the company, according to this obituary.

According to MKD Funeral Home, Post later "welcomed some executives from Kellogg's who asked if he thought it would be possible for Keebler to create a new product they had in mind."

Following this meeting, Post was often said to have "invented" the Pop Tart, but he always spread the credit to his team.

"I assembled an amazing team that developed Kellogg's concept of a shelf-stable toaster pastry into a fine product that we could bring to market in the span of just four months," he would say.

Pop Tarts debuted on store shelves in 1964 with the four original flavors – strawberry, blueberry, brown sugar cinnamon and apple-currant.

The story behind Post's invention is being chronicled in the upcoming Netflix comedy movie Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story, starring Jerry Seinfeld. It will be released on May 3.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/02/14/pop-tart-inventor-dies-at-96-ahead-of-netflix-movie-adaptation/