The best topic

Replies: 7026
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:09:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"IMO, "Desperado" was their best album, "Hotel California" was their finest song.

I like all their albums, but if I could only pick one it would be One of These Nights. Take it Easy was their finest song in my opinion.

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"IMO, "Desperado" was their best album, "Hotel California" was their finest song.

Desperado is my shower singin' song.
Beware of Gaslighters!

johnny

http://56.media.tumblr.com/b6bc71d3697ae6a85025d1fdd5052c3d/tumblr_o16pwrg5Ta1qjnhqgo1_500.jpg">

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "johnny"http://56.media.tumblr.com/b6bc71d3697ae6a85025d1fdd5052c3d/tumblr_o16pwrg5Ta1qjnhqgo1_500.jpg">

Mick's laughing while he's doing a line with Ozzy.

Renee

IMHO.....

Finest song.....Take it to the Limit.

Best album....One of these Nights

My favorite song....a tie...."Try and Love Again" and "After the Thrill is Gone".

Worst Album.....The Long Run.....absolute crap. :negative:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Then it should be...The Long Runs...

:laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"He was the co-writer of one of their greatest hits.  I would expect a bit of a fat head from him.

A lot of people write great hit songs, they're not curing cancer.  When your attitude and your ego causes enough friction for 2 of the 5 band members (Meisner and Felder) to walk away and say "fuck you" there is a problem.

If you are talking about "Take it Easy" he was as you say, a co-writer, story has it, most of the lyrics were written by Jackson Browne, Frey helped him finish it after JB developed writers block. AND the key elements of the musical arrangement (which makes the song) was produced and conceived by Gyn Johns. Frey was only one member of a team that put that song together. When you really listen to the song, it has Jackson Browne written all over it, even right down to were Frey is imitating Browne's vocal style.

I have heard of Jackson Browne, but I can't think of a song he sings..

When I get home tonight I will google his work and compare it.

Thank you Renee, I'll look in the Pulse tonight.

I'm pretty sure I posted a few of his songs in the "Pulse" thread if you want to fish through that.

I just threw Jackson Browne's "Redneck Friend" into the pulse thread. It was written a year or so before "Take it Easy" and despite "Redneck Friend" being slightly more up tempo and harder edged, the two songs are very similar.

You're right Renee, there is an unmistakable similarity..

Thank you.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"Glenn Frey was a tyrant, as was Don Henley. The only difference was, Henley was more low key about it. Frey's abrasive and ham-handed control  over the band was the main reason why the band only lasted for about 6 years.

It's okay be to be kind of a dick but when you make key members of the band hate you enough to quit.....it's not cool.

That being said, he was a talented song writer who wrote music that was a big part to the soundtrack of the 1970s and he should be remembered for that and not for being the jerk that he was.

Don Henley and Glenn Frey did not get along either I thought..

Wasn't that the reason they once said they would reunite when hell freezes over which was the name of their reunion tour.

Wulf

Quote from: "Wulf"Glenn Frey was a tyrant, as was Don Henley. The only difference was, Henley was more low key about it. Frey's abrasive and ham-handed control  over the band was the main reason why the band only lasted for about 6 years.

It's okay be to be kind of a dick but when you make key members of the band hate you enough to quit.....it's not cool.

That being said, he was a talented song writer who wrote music that was a big part to the soundtrack of the 1970s and he should be remembered for that and not for being the jerk that he was.

Wasn't that the reason they once said they would reunite when hell freezes over which was the name of their reunion tour.

That was Frey that said that. I think it was a culmination of all the disagreements and animosity that the entire band was feeling.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"

That was Frey that said that. I think it was a culmination of all the disagreements and animosity that the entire band was feeling.

Frey probably was a dick, but I like the music not the people.

Wulf

Quote from: "Herman"

Frey probably was a dick, but I like the music not the people.

Oh he definitely was a jerk, just look how he treated Randy Meisner.....it was fucking criminal. But as you say it's about the music, getting wrapped up in band politics and personalities is for hardcore groupies.

Anonymous

Oh he definitely was a jerk, just look how he treated Randy Meisner.....it was fucking criminal. But as you say it's about the music, getting wrapped up in band politics and personalities is for hardcore groupies.

Fucking bullseye Wulfie. Artists should play their music, act in movies, and that's all. I assume most are full of themselves assholes and they usually are.

Anonymous

Garry Shandling died today of a massive heart attack. He would have been 67 this year.