The best topic

Replies: 682
Total votes: : 2

Last post: April 03, 2024, 12:06:45 PM
Re: DEADSKINS GIANT "FLAT EARTH" PRE... by deadskinmask

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

formosan

Quote from: Oliver the Second on February 14, 2024, 04:23:23 PM
Pop Tart Inventor Dies at 96 Ahead of Netflix Movie Adaptation

William "Bill" Post, the man credited with inventing the beloved Pop Tart died on Saturday, a Michigan funeral home confirmed to PEOPLE. He was 96.

Post's career in the food industry began at just 16 in Grand Rapids, when he got a job washing trucks at Hekman Business Company – which later became the popular snack brand known as Keebler.

After serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps in Japan, Post returned to Hekman and rose up in the company, according to this obituary.

According to MKD Funeral Home, Post later "welcomed some executives from Kellogg's who asked if he thought it would be possible for Keebler to create a new product they had in mind."

Following this meeting, Post was often said to have "invented" the Pop Tart, but he always spread the credit to his team.

"I assembled an amazing team that developed Kellogg's concept of a shelf-stable toaster pastry into a fine product that we could bring to market in the span of just four months," he would say.

Pop Tarts debuted on store shelves in 1964 with the four original flavors – strawberry, blueberry, brown sugar cinnamon and apple-currant.

The story behind Post's invention is being chronicled in the upcoming Netflix comedy movie Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story, starring Jerry Seinfeld. It will be released on May 3.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/02/14/pop-tart-inventor-dies-at-96-ahead-of-netflix-movie-adaptation/
I might have bought Pop Tarts three times in almost twenty four years of marriage..

Still, my condolences to the family of William Post.
too old to be a fashionista

Herman

Kenneth Mitchell — best known for acting in Star Trek — has passed away at 49 years old after a five-year battle with ALS.

Mitchell played the Klingons Kol, Kol-Sha, and Tenavik on Star Trek: Discovery.

Oliver the Second

Lord Jacob Rothschild: Financier dies aged 87

Lord Jacob Rothschild, the financier and member of the Rothschild banking family, has died at the age of 87.

In a statement on Monday, his family called Lord Rothschild "a towering presence in many peoples' lives".

His career begun at the family bank, NM Rothschild & Sons, before he moved on to start his own wealth management fund in 1989.

The Rothschild family has an estimated fortune of about £825m, according to last year's Sunday Times Rich List.

Lord Rothschild was described as "a superbly accomplished financier, a champion of the arts and culture, a devoted public servant, a passionate supporter of charitable causes in Israel and Jewish culture, a keen environmentalist and much-loved friend, father and grandfather," in a statement released by his family.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68404567

DKG

Quote from: Oliver the Second on February 26, 2024, 10:27:12 AMLord Jacob Rothschild: Financier dies aged 87

Lord Jacob Rothschild, the financier and member of the Rothschild banking family, has died at the age of 87.

In a statement on Monday, his family called Lord Rothschild "a towering presence in many peoples' lives".

His career begun at the family bank, NM Rothschild & Sons, before he moved on to start his own wealth management fund in 1989.

The Rothschild family has an estimated fortune of about £825m, according to last year's Sunday Times Rich List.

Lord Rothschild was described as "a superbly accomplished financier, a champion of the arts and culture, a devoted public servant, a passionate supporter of charitable causes in Israel and Jewish culture, a keen environmentalist and much-loved friend, father and grandfather," in a statement released by his family.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68404567
Scouse is in mourning.

Shen Li

Former Canadian Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney had died at age 84.

Herman

Quote from: Shen Li on February 29, 2024, 06:53:33 PMFormer Canadian Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney had died at age 84.
I figured somebody would have posted this.

I was not a fan of Mulroney. But, compared to who we have now, he was a first rate pm.

Brent

I didn't like Mulroney either. The only good thing I have to say about him is that Justin Trudeau is worse.

Oliver the Second

M. Emmet Walsh, 'Blade Runner,' 'The Jerk' Star, Dead at 88

Veteran character actor M. Emmet Walsh, star of such timeless classics like Blade Runner and The Jerk, died on Tuesday at the age of 88.

Walsh's longtime manager confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the actor died this week from cardiac arrest in St. Albans, Vermont.

"I don't want you to see an M. Emmet Walsh. I want you to see a garbage collector or a president of Princeton or whatever. ... I do everyman. And also I play hard," Walsh once said of his work, which includes over 230 IMDB credits going all the way back to 1968.

Due to his drolly baritone voice and imposing stature, Walsh found his stride with authority figure roles that often ranged from government officials to shady bureaucrats across various genres. In the 1970s comedy classic The Jerk, he played the psychotic private eye who goes on a shooting rampage after drawing a random name from the phonebook.

Just three years later, Walsh entered into sci-fi fandom when Ridley Scott cast him in Blade Runner as Captain Bryant. "Talk about beauty and the beast: she's both," he famously uttered.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/03/20/blade-runner-the-jerk-star-m-emmet-walsh-dead-at-88/

Oliver the Second

Joe Lieberman, former Connecticut senator, 2000 vice presidential nominee, dead at 82

Joseph Lieberman, a former senator from Connecticut who became the first Jewish American to be nominated on a major party's ticket, died Wednesday at 82.

According a statement from his family, Lieberman died on Wednesday afternoon following complications from a fall.

"Former United States Senator Joseph I. Lieberman died this afternoon, March 27, 2024, in New York City due to complications from a fall," his family said in a statement. "He was 82 years old. His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed."

"Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," the family said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-lieberman-former-connecticut-senator-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-dead-at-82/ar-BB1kEqA7

Lokmar

Quote from: Oliver the Second on March 27, 2024, 06:43:59 PM
Joe Lieberman, former Connecticut senator, 2000 vice presidential nominee, dead at 82

Joseph Lieberman, a former senator from Connecticut who became the first Jewish American to be nominated on a major party's ticket, died Wednesday at 82.

According a statement from his family, Lieberman died on Wednesday afternoon following complications from a fall.

"Former United States Senator Joseph I. Lieberman died this afternoon, March 27, 2024, in New York City due to complications from a fall," his family said in a statement. "He was 82 years old. His beloved wife, Hadassah, and members of his family were with him as he passed."

"Senator Lieberman's love of God, his family, and America endured throughout his life of service in the public interest," the family said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-lieberman-former-connecticut-senator-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-dead-at-82/ar-BB1kEqA7

I found him quite tolerable most of the time.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

I did not mind old Lieberman compared to today's democRATs.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Oliver the Second

Louis Gossett Jr., 1st Black man to win supporting actor Oscar, dies at 87

Louis Gossett Jr., the first Black man to win a supporting actor Oscar and an Emmy winner for his role in the seminal TV miniseries "Roots," has died. He was 87.

Gossett's nephew told The Associated Press that the actor died Thursday night in Santa Monica, California. No cause of death was revealed.

Gossett always thought of his early career as a reverse Cinderella story, with success finding him from an early age and propelling him forward, toward his Academy Award for "An Officer and a Gentleman."

He earned his first acting credit in his Brooklyn high school's production of "You Can't Take It with You" while he was sidelined from the basketball team with an injury.

"I was hooked — and so was my audience," he wrote in his 2010 memoir "An Actor and a Gentleman."

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/louis-gossett-jr-1st-black-man-to-win-supporting-actor-oscar-dies-at-87

DKG

He was good in all the roles I saw him play.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Joe Flaherty, the comedian and writer known for his roles on shows like Freaks and Geeks and SCTV, has died. He was 82.

Hinkles

That sucks about Joe. Use to watch him SCTV reruns as a kid. Not everyone's cup of tea so to speak wise but I found him funny and so helluva great timing at his comedy. May he rest in Peace