The best topic

Replies: 10925
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 06:04:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Oliver the Second

Willie Mays, Giants' electrifying 'Say Hey Kid,' has died at 93

Willie Mays, the electrifying "Say Hey Kid" whose singular combination of talent, drive and exuberance made him one of baseball's greatest and most beloved players, has died. He was 93.

Mays' family and the San Francisco Giants jointly announced Tuesday night he had "passed away peacefully" Tuesday afternoon surrounded by loved ones.

The center fielder was baseball's oldest living Hall of Famer. His signature basket catch and his dashes around the bases with his cap flying off personified the joy of the game. His over-the shoulder catch of a long drive in the 1954 World Series is baseball's most celebrated defensive feat.

Over 22 seasons, virtually all with the New York/San Francisco Giants, Mays batted .302, hit 660 home runs, totaled 3,283 hits, scored more than 2,000 runs and won 12 Gold Gloves.

He was Rookie of the Year in 1951, twice was named the Most Valuable Player and finished in the top 10 for the MVP 10 other times.

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/willie-mays-giants-electrifying-say-hey-kid-has-died-at-93

Odinson

Donald Sutherland 1935 - 2024.

RIP.

Agree Agree x 1 Sad Sad x 2 View List

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Odinson on June 20, 2024, 01:34:06 PMDonald Sutherland 1935 - 2024.

RIP.

This scene freaked me out

Sad Sad x 1 View List

Herman

Agree Agree x 2 View List

Odinson

Bill Cobbs 1934 - 2024.

I know him.

He is in a lot of movies as a supporting character.

Rip.

formosan

Quote from: Odinson on June 27, 2024, 03:45:09 AMBill Cobbs 1934 - 2024.

I know him.

He is in a lot of movies as a supporting character.

Rip.

Hmmm, his name does not sound familiar.
too old to be a fashionista

Odinson

Sad Sad x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Joe Egan, Stealers Wheel Musician and 'Stuck in the Middle with You' Co-Writer, Dead at 77

Musician Joe Egan, who is best known for fronting the Scottish band Stealers Wheel and co-writing the band's hit tune "Stuck in the Middle with You," has died at age 77.

News about Egan's death was confirmed in a Facebook post shared on Egan's former Stealer Wheels bandmate and songwriter Gerry Rafferty's official page on Sunday, July 7. Rafferty died in 2011, but his page is now ran by his daughter, Martha.

"Very sad news that the other half of Stealers Wheel, Joe Egan, passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon with his nearest and dearest around him," Martha wrote in her tribute post. "I will always remember him as a sweet and gentle soul. May he rest in peace."

https://people.com/joe-egan-stealers-wheel-musician-dead-at-77-8675038

Brent

Quote from: Oliver the Second on July 09, 2024, 03:01:55 PMJoe Egan, Stealers Wheel Musician and 'Stuck in the Middle with You' Co-Writer, Dead at 77

Musician Joe Egan, who is best known for fronting the Scottish band Stealers Wheel and co-writing the band's hit tune "Stuck in the Middle with You," has died at age 77.

News about Egan's death was confirmed in a Facebook post shared on Egan's former Stealer Wheels bandmate and songwriter Gerry Rafferty's official page on Sunday, July 7. Rafferty died in 2011, but his page is now ran by his daughter, Martha.

"Very sad news that the other half of Stealers Wheel, Joe Egan, passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon with his nearest and dearest around him," Martha wrote in her tribute post. "I will always remember him as a sweet and gentle soul. May he rest in peace."

https://people.com/joe-egan-stealers-wheel-musician-dead-at-77-8675038
That's who wrote Stuck in the Middle With You.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Whenever that song pops up on the radio, I immediately think of 'Reservoir Dogs'.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Oliver the Second

Shelley Duvall dies at 75

Actress Shelley Duvall, famous for her role in "The Shining," has died at 75.

She passed away in her sleep at her Blanco, Texas, home on Thursday due to "complications from diabetes," her partner, Dan Gilroy, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Duvall and Gilroy have been together since 1986.

"My dear, sweet, wonderful life partner and friend left us. Too much suffering lately, now she's free. Fly away, beautiful Shelley," Gilroy told the outlet.

The Texas native was discovered by director Robert Altman in the early '70s. She starred in his films "McCabe & Mrs. Miller," "Thieves Like Us" and "Nashville."

https://ktla.com/entertainment/shelley-duvall-dies-at-75/
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Ever since I read about how Kubrick treated her during the filming of 'The Shining', I haven't bothered to watch the movie if it popped up on cable.  A shame that she suffered through that.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: Prof Emeritus at Fawk U on July 11, 2024, 05:29:59 PMEver since I read about how Kubrick treated her during the filming of 'The Shining', I haven't bothered to watch the movie if it popped up on cable.  A shame that she suffered through that.

Kubrick was a total bastard to work for, he would nitpick the smallest thing and demand the scene be filmed again over and over. He did make some fantastic movies though.

Herman

Benji Gregory – the actor best known for his role on the hit sitcom ALF which ran from 1986-1990 – has died aged 46. On June 13, Gregory was found dead in his in a car park in Peoria, Arizona, alongside service dog Hans, who had also died

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: Oliver the Second on July 11, 2024, 07:30:26 PMKubrick was a total bastard to work for, he would nitpick the smallest thing and demand the scene be filmed again over and over. He did make some fantastic movies though.

I'll admit that I consider Dr. Strangelove the greatest comedy ever.
Agree Agree x 1 View List