Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Jamie Foxx saves driver's life

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2016, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-an-unscripted-act-of-bravery-jamie-foxx-saves-drivers-life/">http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-an-unscr ... vers-life/">http://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-an-unscripted-act-of-bravery-jamie-foxx-saves-drivers-life/

LOS ANGELES -- Jamie Foxx won an Oscar for his portrayal of Ray Charles. Now, he's winning praise for a live performance, playing himself in the role of a real-life hero.

The drama unfolded Monday night in front of Foxx's house in an upscale neighborhood just outside of Los Angeles.

"When I get here, the truck is over on its side and it's, it's in flames," Foxx recalled.

The driver, 32-year-old Brett Kyle, was still inside.

An off-duty first responder helped Foxx pull Kyle from the wreckage as the flames grew. He was trapped by his seatbelt.

"Luckily, a guy pulls up. He has EMT scissors, hits the window, and clears the glass. I climb in and I grab the scissors from him, cut the seatbelt," Foxx recalled. "And as we pull him out, within five seconds later, the truck goes up (in flames)."

LOS ANGELES -- Jamie Foxx won an Oscar for his portrayal of Ray Charles. Now, he's winning praise for a live performance, playing himself in the role of a real-life hero.

The drama unfolded Monday night in front of Foxx's house in an upscale neighborhood just outside of Los Angeles.

"When I get here, the truck is over on its side and it's, it's in flames," Foxx recalled.

The driver, 32-year-old Brett Kyle, was still inside.

An off-duty first responder helped Foxx pull Kyle from the wreckage as the flames grew. He was trapped by his seatbelt.

"Luckily, a guy pulls up. He has EMT scissors, hits the window, and clears the glass. I climb in and I grab the scissors from him, cut the seatbelt," Foxx recalled. "And as we pull him out, within five seconds later, the truck goes up (in flames)."

Annie

Awesome! Good job! Nice that even a celebrity would step in to help save another person.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

Good story Fash. I think the world is made up of "some" people from every walk of life who will act when needed.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Good story Fash. I think the world is made up of "some" people from every walk of life who will act when needed.

A lot of what we read about Hollywood is self-indulgent, self-absorbed, narcissistic pablum..

It's nice to see even in the land of make believe, people keeping it real.

:thumbup:

@realAzhyaAryola

I'm really impressed with Jamie Foxx for his courage and selflessness.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'm really impressed with Jamie Foxx for his courage and selflessness.

So am I Azhya.