Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Indonesian Restaurants in Canada

Started by JOE, July 12, 2016, 01:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Y'know, thinkin' about what Herman and his Missus could do if they ever decided to visit Vancouver, I looked up 'Indonesian Restaurants Canada'

...and there are hardly any.

I think Vancouver has one, Toronto has a couple, Montreal maybe 1 or 2.

Vancouver has 1 place called Bali Thai in Chinatown.

So possibly less than 10 Indonesian Restaurants in the entire nation.

Which is surprising since there are millions of Indonesians in the world.

Maybe the immigration from there is small, so there aren't many immigrants here to support it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"Y'know, thinkin' about what Herman and his Missus could do if they ever decided to visit Vancouver, I looked up 'Indonesian Restaurants Canada'

...and there are hardly any.

I think Vancouver has one, Toronto has a couple, Montreal maybe 1 or 2.

Vancouver has 1 place called Bali Thai in Chinatown.

So possibly less than 10 Indonesian Restaurants in the entire nation.

Which is surprising since there are millions of Indonesians in the world.

Maybe the immigration from there is small, so there aren't many immigrants here to support it.

Both of you guys are a bit too interested in each other's personal lives.

Anonymous

My old lady is not Indonesian. We met when we were both working there.

JOE

Quote from: "Herman"My old lady is not Indonesian. We met when we were both working there.

No worries, Herman!

If ya let me know what her ethnic origin is, I'll find a a restaurant in vancouver for it. We usually have one for every group, eh Herm?

Anyways I wanna try that Indonesian restaurant out. It's be a first for me since I've never had it before. When I go I will let you know, take some pics, eh Herm?

Anonymous

^Joe is phucking phishing. DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!

JOE

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Joe is phucking phishing. DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!

Wha? Don't get so hysterical.

We're only talking about food.

Anyways,  if Herman sez she's not Indonesian, but Asian, then the only other credible possibilities are that she's either Malay, Chinese or Filipino from that part of the world. Other outside possibilities include Thai, Burmese, Indian or from further north Vietnamese, Cambodian, Japanese or Korean. Other 'n that, some obscure tribe from one of the jungles there, but all in all, essentially the same blood type as most Asians are genetically related in some way or another.

Anyways, I don't know what the problem is. If Herm's wife is any of the above, Vancouver has a restaurant for them. And not the Americanized/bastardized restaurants you see in the States, but food made by the 'Natives'. That's one good thing about Van, you can get real food in its original flavors/taste from 'the source' without the health hazards of picking up their bugs a la Montezuma's Revenge since they're monitored by City Health Inspectors who conform to North American Health Standards.

cc

Not knowing her country of origin will keep Joe up all night tonight

Yes he is phishing Shen

We are witnessing a rare but wonderful case where the phisher ends up on the end of the hook  :laugh:

Don't let him off the hook Herm   ... let im dangle
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

JOE

Cc! You never kept yer promise so we could meet, have that game of tea, biscuits and tidleywinks! Anyways, the next time I'll bring along the reading copies of my vintage comic book collection so we kin read 'em together, OK?

That and your description of the latest AutoCAD lingo would make a sucha sexy combo, eh cc?

Quote from: "cc la femme"Not knowing her country of origin will keep Joe up all night tonight

Yes he is phishing Shen

We are witnessing a rare but wonderful case where the phisher ends up on the end of the hook  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^Joe is phucking phishing. DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!

Wha? Don't get so hysterical.

We're only talking about food.

Anyways,  if Herman sez she's not Indonesian, but Asian, then the only other credible possibilities are that she's either Malay, Chinese or Filipino from that part of the world. Other outside possibilities include Thai, Burmese, Indian or from further north Vietnamese, Cambodian, Japanese or Korean. Other 'n that, some obscure tribe from one of the jungles there, but all in all, essentially the same blood type as most Asians are genetically related in some way or another.

Anyways, I don't know what the problem is. If Herm's wife is any of the above, Vancouver has a restaurant for them. And not the Americanized/bastardized restaurants you see in the States, but food made by the 'Natives'. That's one good thing about Van, you can get real food in its original flavors/taste from 'the source' without the health hazards of picking up their bugs a la Montezuma's Revenge since they're monitored by City Health Inspectors who conform to North American Health Standards.

My old lady's nationality is none of your business.

RW

Quote from: "JOE"Cc! You never kept yer promise so we could meet, have that game of tea, biscuits and tidleywinks! Anyways, the next time I'll bring along the reading copies of my vintage comic book collection so we kin read 'em together, OK?

That and your description of the latest AutoCAD lingo would make a sucha sexy combo, eh cc?

Quote from: "cc la femme"Not knowing her country of origin will keep Joe up all night tonight

Yes he is phishing Shen

You never kept your promise of posting some of your drawings.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

....and you know what 'Real....yer right! I did.

So I promise ya somethin' on a platter, just fer you, 'Real!

Once I'm done, I kin even send the originals to you via Canada Post.

Or if you prefer anonymity, to a mailbox etc address.

Anyways, I'm doing some spring cleaning, throwing a hunk of junk out.

So by this weekend, cross me heart 'n die, or else you kin call me Blurt or Gay Boy Bob!

Lemme know what works best fer ya, 'Real

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "JOE"Cc! You never kept yer promise so we could meet, have that game of tea, biscuits and tidleywinks! Anyways, the next time I'll bring along the reading copies of my vintage comic book collection so we kin read 'em together, OK?

Yes he is phishing Shen

You never kept your promise of posting some of your drawings.