Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Five dead - Canada's day of shame...

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2016, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

^ Its median income is $12,000 LESS than Saskatchewan's median.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saskatchewan-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-la-loche/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saska ... -la-loche/">http://globalnews.ca/news/2472416/saskatchewan-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-la-loche/

The median income for a household in Newtown Connecticut was $90,193, and the median income for a family was $99,192 (these figures had risen to $101,937 and $119,175 respectively as of a 2007 estimate).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown,_Connecticut">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown,_Connecticut

Bricktop

Quote from: "Asian Pride"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Cos I sure as shit ain't gonna stop saying it; there is NO place for guns in modern society.

There is, actually.

Maybe not in Australia, but in Canada there is a very real need for guns.  Perhaps not handguns, but those are quite restricted here anyhow, and aren't generally a huge problem, all things considered.

This is a land of hunters, and of vast wilderness.  Long guns are very common, used by many for hunting, and simply for defense in the wilderness.

Very few problems occur here, all things considered, with legally owned firearms.

No, there is not.

You speak as if Canada is unique. Its not.

Australia is nearly as big in land mass, with even fewer people. Hunting is now all but forbidden, and high powered rifles are banned. Like Canadians, Australians liked to shoot critters, but after a particularly heinous mass shooting, we decided that surrendering this pastime was a better choice than facilitating the ownership of lethal weapons. Put another way, we changed our culture. I take your point that Canada, compared to the psycho ward on your southern boundary, is peaceful and safe, but how many school shootings would it take to make you change your minds about the number of guns in your communities?

The American meatbag gets her nose out of joint because she thinks using these slaughters as an rationale to eliminate gun ownership is improper.

That is like saying that using car accidents to justify speed limit imposition is unfair. But its what to expect from a rabid pigeon killer who believes that God has told America it must have guns. Discussing gun control with an American is like discussing the war on drugs with El Chapo.

Humanity has painted itself into a very uncomfortable corner that has increased pressure on its citizens, created conflict and confrontation within national borders, and created a society where crime brings rich rewards. Throwing lethal weapons in that mix is like throwing iron bars into a bar brawl.

We do not have the communal capacity to manage gun ownership in this modern mayhem.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Cos I sure as shit ain't gonna stop saying it; there is NO place for guns in modern society.

There is, actually.

Maybe not in Australia, but in Canada there is a very real need for guns.  Perhaps not handguns, but those are quite restricted here anyhow, and aren't generally a huge problem, all things considered.

This is a land of hunters, and of vast wilderness.  Long guns are very common, used by many for hunting, and simply for defense in the wilderness.

Very few problems occur here, all things considered, with legally owned firearms.

No, there is not.

Australia is nearly as big in land mass, with even fewer people. Hunting is now all but forbidden, and high powered rifles are banned. Like Canadians, Australians liked to shoot critters, but after a particularly heinous mass shooting, we decided that surrendering this pastime was a better choice than facilitating the ownership of lethal weapons. Put another way, we changed our culture. I take your point that Canada, compared to the psycho ward on your southern boundary, is peaceful and safe, but how many school shootings would it take to make you change your minds about the number of guns in your communities?

The American meatbag gets her nose out of joint because she thinks using these slaughters as an rationale to eliminate gun ownership is improper.

That is like saying that using car accidents to justify speed limit imposition is unfair. But its what to expect from a rabid pigeon killer who believes that God has told America it must have guns. Discussing gun control with an American is like discussing the war on drugs with El Chapo.

Humanity has painted itself into a very uncomfortable corner that has increased pressure on its citizens, created conflict and confrontation within national borders, and created a society where crime brings rich rewards. Throwing lethal weapons in that mix is like throwing iron bars into a bar brawl.

We do not have the communal capacity to manage gun ownership in this modern mayhem.

It is?

Wulf

Quote from: "Fashionista"

There is, actually.

No, there is not.

It is?

No it's not. Many times the chief inspector likes to talk out of his ass when he is off on one of his hysterical tangents. Like many of his ilk, he has a penchant for stretching the truth and slanting his statements to suit his agenda. His shrill and hysterical wailing on this subject is quite comical when exposed to the truth.

"The University of Queensland estimates that Australia has around 300 000 active hunters investing a conservative $556,650,000 annually into the Australian economy.

"In Australia, despite there being perhaps 300,000 recreational hunters, there has never been a national survey to determine basic information such as where, what, how, and how often do hunters hunt, and how much time and money they spend doing it. In September 2011 we launched an on-line survey which asked hunters 53 questions about themselves and their hunting practices."

">http://www.wsq.org.au/QPAS%202012/Sessi ... 20Greg.pdf">

So how the inspector came up with his claim that hunting "is all but forbidden" looks to be a mystery.  

All one has to do is Google "Australian Hunting" and you will come up with an assload of links to safari outfits that provide guided or what we would call "canned hunts". Many parts of Australia have problems with invasive species such as feral hogs, goats, water buffalo, foxes and rabbits.....all are hunted regularly. If it wasn't such an ass killing plane ride, I would consider doing a little hunting there. I quite enjoy running a few beagles and taking some rabbits for the stew pot.

http://www.aushunt.com.au/basecamp/">http://www.aushunt.com.au/basecamp/

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/what-can-i-hunt">http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/what-can-i-hunt

Plus, regardless of what some self-righteous chaps with abortionized British accents will claim, the furry little native creatures such as kangaroos are hunted and killed with wild abandon by the local yokels every year. Also his claim that high powered rifles are forbidden is not exactly true either. Most roo hunters and poachers use common rifle calibers such as .223Rem, .243Win, .270Win and .308Win. Either the the chief inspector has no idea what he is talking about OR he has no idea what a high powered rifle actually is. I'm thinking it is a little bit of both.

Anonymous

^ I knew the no hunting in Aus had to be bullshit. It likely has more regs. than Canada or the Nordic countries, but there are too many wild things that hop for them not to drop down under.

RW

I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to what Mr. C knows Wulf.  I think it's admirable to want a violentless, gun-free society.  The trouble is that it's not realistic.

Hunting isn't all but outlawed here.  Hunting for nothing but sport and trophy is strongly frowned upon.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to what Mr. C knows Wulf.  I think it's admirable to want a violentless, gun-free society.  The trouble is that it's not realistic.

Hunting isn't all but outlawed here.  Hunting for nothing but sport and trophy is strongly frowned upon.

Hunting is widespread here and trophy hunting is not uncommon. My ex was hunting nuts.

kiebers

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to what Mr. C knows Wulf.  I think it's admirable to want a violentless, gun-free society.  The trouble is that it's not realistic.

Hunting is widespread here and trophy hunting is not uncommon. My ex was hunting nuts.

Ok I'll do it.

Whose nuts was he hunting?

You set it up so nicely I had to ask.... :laugh3:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Wulf

I can only judge by what he says and what he says is something other than reality. Whether you admire him or not for his ideals, his information is obviously not correct. I didn't pull the information from Queensland UNIV. or the other links from my ass. They are official and valid citations in direct conflict with his claims.

If he is going to make statements he needs to be able to back them up with something other than his political bias and hysterical opinion. I understand that passions can run high when dealing with subjects like this but it's no excuse for blatantly making unsubstantiated remarks. Haven't we had enough of that with the "white people are racist" crap from that other guy?

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"

Ok I'll do it.

Obviously he was a squirrel.

Now don't you feel foolish? ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

Ok I'll do it.

Obviously he was a squirrel.

Now don't you feel foolish? ac_biggrin

:laugh3:  :laugh3:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Hunting is still a popular past time in Saskatchewan. The hunting camps up North are full every season with those seeking a moose. Every year hunters ask if they can hunt muleys on my land. Cabelas busiest season is hunting season. Taxidermists are always busy during and after hunting season.

Here are some stats from our provincial government.

http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/BigGameDraw/">http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/BigGameDraw/

keeper

There is, actually.

No, there is not.

What don't you understand about hunting???

I will try explain this again.  If you do not hunt (and I'm talking in Canada ) the "game" animals OVER POPULATE,  food becomes scarce and they die or the herd becomes deseased. Man has fucjed this up from the start and now it's to late to just say -YOU CAN'T HUNT!!!!!get rid of your high powered rifles.

I have 2 degrees in wild life foresty conservation,  I know what I'm talking about.

Anonymous

Ok I'll do it.

OK, ya got me stud. I had a FOB moment.