Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Snow covers the US.

Started by Bricktop, January 23, 2016, 05:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Renee"16" so far, another 8" expected over night. Flooding from the storm surge is pretty bad further south toward Atlantic City.

79,000 people are without power.

Snow blower is gassed up and ready. I'll be cleaning up all day tomorrow. Thank God for 4 drive wheel.

I remember shoveling my driveway and the winding walkway in years past. One kisses those days goodbye in urban living.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Typical Day in Alberta  ac_dunno

Not this year Keeper.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"16" so far, another 8" expected over night. Flooding from the storm surge is pretty bad further south toward Atlantic City.

Snow blower is gassed up and ready. I'll be cleaning up all day tomorrow. Thank God for 4 drive wheel.

You'd be more used to 4".

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

And another one falls flat. :laugh3:

You wouldn't know how to capitalize on an opening even if someone left you written instructions.

I guess that's just the reality of being an old boor.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

">https://youtu.be/Rvd-lb83y_k
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"

You wouldn't know how to capitalize on an opening even if someone left you written instructions.

I suppose you, on the other hand, take some comfort in the knowledge that there is no snow storm capable of burying YOU.

priscilla1961

I suppose you, on the other hand, take some comfort in the knowledge that there is no snow storm capable of burying YOU.

Hello Mr. Crowley.  ac_wub
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Renee

Good God, they get worse and worse.

I think someone should teach you about "The Law of Diminishing Returns".  

Because obviously you have no clue. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Bricktop

Speak for yourself snow globe. Can't you find another schtick??

Anonymous

I saw pictures from New York city that showed most of that snow hasn't melted yet.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"I saw pictures from New York city that showed most of that snow hasn't melted yet.

Why would it melt? It's pretty frickin cold in NYC in January. :laugh3:

This snow fall will be with us until spring. There is a chance for another 1" or 2" today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I saw pictures from New York city that showed most of that snow hasn't melted yet.

This snow fall will be with us until spring. There is a chance for another 1" or 2" today.

I thought they were having a warmer than normal winter prior to the snowmageddon?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I thought they were having a warmer than normal winter prior to the snowmageddon?

We were. November and December were warmer than ususal. But it became seasonal a few weeks before the storm. It's been anywhere from 10℉ to 35℉ for the past month.

They are forecasting a rise in temps by the end of the weekend.

Anonymous

This has been a mild winter for us too. I saw meteorologist predict a lot snow for spring---Yikes.

Bricktop

In other news, we're coming out of our freeze.

32C today.