The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Do you associate with others based primarily upon their political or religious affiliation?

Started by J0E, January 24, 2016, 09:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

...Personally I don't.

I don't care what political party my friends support, or if their pov are diametrically the opposite of mine. A friend is a friend is a friend.

Recently, I related how one of my divorced friends is having a tough time, owes his ex/the government over $40,000. Thing is, he's a staunch Conservative, was a supporter of Stephen Harper and is extremely religious. I'm a bit further to the center and the left than he is. And he's a bit rigid for my liking, but nonetheless, I see him as a good guy who's experiencing hard times.

If I had the money, the means to help the guy out. I feel sorry for him. I wish I could help him out, release him from his bondage and his chains. And the astonishing part, is his family isn't supportive of him. His daughters have grown up, have good jobs and then don't provide him with any money to help him get out of that mess. They think he should continue to suffer and pay - their own Dad! The daughters claim that they are also religious, quote the Bible as to justify their views as to why he should suffer and pay up. And I look at their comments with utter disbelief.

I find it incredible that I a more supportive of him as a friend, than his own family is. And they are also closer to him ideologically, philisophically, and ecclesiastically than I am.

I just count him as my friend. And I feel his suffering and his pain.

Anyways, does a person's political or religious affiliation influence whether you will associate with them?

Anonymous

Twenty Dollars

Anyways, does a person's political or religious affiliation influence whether you will associate with them?[/quote]

Neither. Religious or Political types generally have an agenda. Not all but many do. I usually choose my friends based on their Pets.

Anonymous

Renee

I don't keep friends because most people aren't worth the effort. Most only want to be friends because they want something from you but they have no intention of giving  anything in return.

No time, no patience for it, never have, never will.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"I don't associate with whites because most are rascists. :001_tongue:

I'm glad you listen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I don't associate whites because most are rascists. :001_tongue:

ac_toofunny

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "Renee"I don't keep friends because most people aren't worth the effort. Most only want to be friends because they want something from you but they have no intention of giving  anything in return.

Maybe whatcha need is a frien', 'Renn.

Jes' call me anytime ifya needa one:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

You gotta frien' in Joe, Renn.

Renee

Quote from: "J0E"
Quote from: "Renee"I don't keep friends because most people aren't worth the effort. Most only want to be friends because they want something from you but they have no intention of giving  anything in return.

Maybe whatcha need is a frien', 'Renn.

Jes' call me anytime ifya needa one:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

You gotta frien' in Joe, Renn.

What and end up as one of your....." I have this friend, etc, etc" troll stories on some MB forum full of creeps and rat fucks?........No thanks, Joey.

I get enough bad press all on my own.  :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I don't associate with whites because most are rascists. :001_tongue:

:001_rolleyes:

Bricktop

Maybe if you quite eating all their Twinkies, and stopped asking them to scratch your ass all the time, you'd have more success.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"What about your friends Crow?

His friends are all dead.

Or maybe that's just the excuse his "friends" use to avoid the old bag of gas. ac_biggrin

Twenty Dollars

Are you sure? Pretty sure it's the other way around.