Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Gordon Chong: On Racial Issues, We're Masochists

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2016, 11:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I disagree with Chong about race. The issue is culture or specifically ideology. Race is a social construct, but social conditioning goes well below the surface. We can assimilate any "race", but CAN'T assimilate every culture/ideology.

Gordon Joseph Chong is a Toronto politician and public servant. He has served as a city of Toronto councillor and was vice-chairman of the Toronto Transit Commission. He served on the board of GO Transit from 2000 to 2006 including periods as vice-chairman of GO Transit and chairman. He has also served as chairman of the Greater Toronto Services Board.

QuoteAn EKOS poll conducted last March found over 40% of Canadians surveyed felt Canada was admitting too many visible minorities.

Although EKOS founder and president Frank Graves allowed that this could reflect socioeconomic angst, he went on to say, "it's hard not to see how those saying too many immigrants are visible-minority can be motivated by anything but racial or cultural bias" and that this "should alarm anyone who believes in an open and tolerant society."

These conclusions may be welcomed by those who see racists lurking in every corner, but they do not necessarily reflect what is actually happening.

Another explanation could be that some Canadians — both native-born and immigrants — are growing weary of having their generosity abused.

They may be getting fed up with newcomers (some, not all) who arrive in Canada and immediately tell us what they don't like about us and our values, then aggressively set about to change our legal and religious principles, rather than adapting themselves to our norms.

If they find Canada repugnant, why did they leave their countries of origin and exhaust every possible avenue to come here?

They are aided and abetted in these efforts by a cohort of zealous anti-racist activists who never hesitate to play the race card.

Many claim the mantle of victimhood as a legacy of their ancestors, who were the true victims.

They, however, are nothing more than "pseudo-victims" who have appropriated the processes of established democratic institutions forged by the very colonial powers they despise.

They have learned how to use these levers to get their revenge on what they say is Canada's racist society and institutions of today.

Ironically, it is only in a western democratic country like Canada that they have the freedom to do this.

In that context, have Canadians fashioned a global image of ourselves as a collection of soft-headed masochists, willing to twist ourselves into pretzels to accommodate every race hustler's whim?

Have we grown so timid that we now simply capitulate to every public pronouncement by a growing contingent of both foreign born and Canadian grown anti-racist pseudo-victims, bent on extracting their pound of flesh from Canadians in 2016?

If so, why? Canada, while by no means perfect, has evolved into an inclusive, tolerant society accommodating reasonable change over time.

What is troubling is that we are being repaid with ingratitude and aggressive arrogance by some who wallow in self-pity and use the past as a club to silence "most good white men," as Ujjal Dosanjh the former federal Liberal cabinet minister and NDP premier of British Columbia, has rightly put it.

As a "half-breed" myself — "mixed-race" in contemporary terms — I was immersed in racism at an early age. My white, English mother's family disowned her. Eventually, my mother came to regret her life.

Growing up, I could not avoid this very real racism in the bosom of my family.

That is why I regard the actions of today's pseudo-victims, as well as governments' well-intentioned social engineering efforts, as often misguided and counterproductive.

Canadians have been reluctant to publicly discuss such concerns because there is no shortage of opportunists in the "anti-racism" movement who will reflexively denounce them as racists in order to short-circuit rational discussion.

We must stiffen our spines and stop the self-flagellation.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on-racial-issues-were-masochists">http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on ... masochists">http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on-racial-issues-were-masochists

Anonymous

In certain countries I have worked in I thought I was turning into a racist. But after I understood a little about why things are the way they are, I knew race had nothing to do with it. Some cultures do not belong in Canada. If they cannot be deprogrammed then keep them in their middle ages holes where they are most happy.

cc

Deprogramming of the culture you experienced, if ever it happens at all,  is a rarity.

For a long time, many years, I had thought I had seen it in some I know .... till I looked at their private websites ... what I  constantly saw for all of them brought tears ... but not for long as I just accepted how things are
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Deprogramming of the culture you experienced, if ever it happens at all,  is a rarity.

I had thought I had seen it in some I know .... till I looked at their private websites

I agree with you ceec. Deprogramming is futile. Keep the poisonous ideology out of Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Deprogramming of the culture you experienced, if ever it happens at all,  is a rarity.

For a long time, many years, I had thought I had seen it in some I know .... till I looked at their private websites ... what I  constantly saw for all of them brought tears ... but not for long as I just accepted how things are

What private websites are you talking about CC.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I disagree with Chong about race. The issue is culture or specifically ideology. Race is a social construct, but social conditioning goes well below the surface. We can assimilate any "race", but CAN'T assimilate every culture/ideology.

Gordon Joseph Chong is a Toronto politician and public servant. He has served as a city of Toronto councillor and was vice-chairman of the Toronto Transit Commission. He served on the board of GO Transit from 2000 to 2006 including periods as vice-chairman of GO Transit and chairman. He has also served as chairman of the Greater Toronto Services Board.

QuoteAn EKOS poll conducted last March found over 40% of Canadians surveyed felt Canada was admitting too many visible minorities.

Although EKOS founder and president Frank Graves allowed that this could reflect socioeconomic angst, he went on to say, "it's hard not to see how those saying too many immigrants are visible-minority can be motivated by anything but racial or cultural bias" and that this "should alarm anyone who believes in an open and tolerant society."

These conclusions may be welcomed by those who see racists lurking in every corner, but they do not necessarily reflect what is actually happening.

Another explanation could be that some Canadians — both native-born and immigrants — are growing weary of having their generosity abused.

They may be getting fed up with newcomers (some, not all) who arrive in Canada and immediately tell us what they don't like about us and our values, then aggressively set about to change our legal and religious principles, rather than adapting themselves to our norms.

If they find Canada repugnant, why did they leave their countries of origin and exhaust every possible avenue to come here?

They are aided and abetted in these efforts by a cohort of zealous anti-racist activists who never hesitate to play the race card.

Many claim the mantle of victimhood as a legacy of their ancestors, who were the true victims.

They, however, are nothing more than "pseudo-victims" who have appropriated the processes of established democratic institutions forged by the very colonial powers they despise.

They have learned how to use these levers to get their revenge on what they say is Canada's racist society and institutions of today.

Ironically, it is only in a western democratic country like Canada that they have the freedom to do this.

In that context, have Canadians fashioned a global image of ourselves as a collection of soft-headed masochists, willing to twist ourselves into pretzels to accommodate every race hustler's whim?

Have we grown so timid that we now simply capitulate to every public pronouncement by a growing contingent of both foreign born and Canadian grown anti-racist pseudo-victims, bent on extracting their pound of flesh from Canadians in 2016?

If so, why? Canada, while by no means perfect, has evolved into an inclusive, tolerant society accommodating reasonable change over time.

What is troubling is that we are being repaid with ingratitude and aggressive arrogance by some who wallow in self-pity and use the past as a club to silence "most good white men," as Ujjal Dosanjh the former federal Liberal cabinet minister and NDP premier of British Columbia, has rightly put it.

As a "half-breed" myself — "mixed-race" in contemporary terms — I was immersed in racism at an early age. My white, English mother's family disowned her. Eventually, my mother came to regret her life.

Growing up, I could not avoid this very real racism in the bosom of my family.

That is why I regard the actions of today's pseudo-victims, as well as governments' well-intentioned social engineering efforts, as often misguided and counterproductive.

Canadians have been reluctant to publicly discuss such concerns because there is no shortage of opportunists in the "anti-racism" movement who will reflexively denounce them as racists in order to short-circuit rational discussion.

We must stiffen our spines and stop the self-flagellation.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on-racial-issues-were-masochists">http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on ... masochists">http://www.torontosun.com/2016/01/21/on-racial-issues-were-masochists

I understand that he feels immigrants must integrate..

After all, we have a good quality of life here and do not want to change it..

But, at the same time he seems to be saying stop whining to everyone even if there is a legitimate case of discrimination.

Anonymous

^What the fuck are you babbling about? Canada is not an inclusive, tolerant society accommodating reasonable change over time?

Rambo Wong

Holy Angelina Jolie ! Gordon Chong is just a boon tong fan  ac_lmfao  I hate boon tong fan. They aren't even Chinese. At least Gordon Chong's mother was clever enough to know that Gordon Chong's father had high earning potential.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Holy Angelina Jolie ! Gordon Chong is just a boon tong fan  ac_lmfao  I hate boon tong fan. They aren't even Chinese. At least Gordon Chong's mother was clever enough to know that Gordon Chong's father had high earning potential.

The difference between you and Gordon Chong's father is that he had high earning potential. Yours rises with increases in BC's social assistance.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Holy Angelina Jolie ! Gordon Chong is just a boon tong fan  ac_lmfao  I hate boon tong fan. They aren't even Chinese. At least Gordon Chong's mother was clever enough to know that Gordon Chong's father had high earning potential.

:001_rolleyes:

Twenty Dollars

Disagree mostly, unless we are talking religion.