The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Justice Scalia leaves opening

Started by RW, February 15, 2016, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think the posts need a person's perspective or comment with it IMHO.

Homoero is too fucking lazy to have opinions of his own. Lots of ideological sites will provide that for him.

cc

The practice of constant copy / paste with little and usually no personal comment is lazy and defeats the good purpose of growing a good discussion forum
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"That simply compounds the lunacy.

It becomes even more unbelievable as each day rolls by.

If I interpret correctly, the Right is saying to the President "Don't bother nominating, because even though we don't know who you will choose, we'll bounce him or her anyway, and they will feel rejected...not because they aren't a good Justice, but because he or she ain't right enough for us".

BINGO
What you guys are not aware of so can't allow is that BOTH parties are in the position that if they give an inch the other party will take advantage happily and allow no quarter in return

I'm not defending the practice, I'm just saying what it is.

if positions were reversed  we would see the same or worse.. ... . make that WHEN positions WERE reversed we SAW the same and  worse

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"

If I interpret correctly, the Right is saying to the President "Don't bother nominating, because even though we don't know who you will choose, we'll bounce him or her anyway, and they will feel rejected...not because they aren't a good Justice, but because he or she ain't right enough for us".

BINGO
What you guys are not aware of so can't allow is that BOTH parties are in the position that if they give an inch the other party will take advantage happily and allow no quarter in return

if positions were reversed  we would see the same or worse.. ... . make that WHEN positions WERE reversed we SAW the same and  worse

I can see that plain as day.  It's ridiculous and counter productive.  Throw the media into the mix and you've got a huge mess.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"The practice of constant copy / paste with little and usually no personal comment is lazy and defeats the good purpose of growing a good discussion forum

I will look up Huffington Post myself if I want to read their editorials. But the purpose here is to discuss the issues.

Anonymous

BINGO

When it comes to the SCOTUS, both parties put politics first.

Bricktop

BINGO

I think we all get that. I don't believe Romero is denying it, either...just pointing out the duplicity of the shrill squawking Republicans.

The whole situation sucks and is utterly corrupt. Worse, its overt corruption.

cc

I guess I'm a tad more fair and realistic than he and yourself. I'm pointing out the duplicity of the shrill squawking Democrats & Republicans

Actually, once a nominee is refused this year, THEN you will see how loud the hypocritical squawking gets .... squawking from the same big 2, O & C who themselves have both filibustered and voted to filibuster  to stop nominees ... in essence what the other guys are likely to do this year .... in fact they have both started already

The boot is on the other foot now

As for your high and mighty spiel c/w lots of feigned outrage,  it is all just lowly opportunism .. a perceived chance to play holier than thou    .... and to again dun the US ... what you see as a double win

While the system you described sounds good and has good intentions, human nature always wins out. Humans cannot stop themselves from favoring what their core being believes / cares about  no matter how hard any one tries to stop it from happening. I confess it would be true for me and while you may deny it with loud screaming, it would be true for you

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I guess I'm a tad more fair and realistic than he and yourself. I'm pointing out the duplicity of the shrill squawking Democrats & Republicans

Actually, once a nominee is refused this year, THEN you will see how loud the hypocritical squawking gets .... squawking from the same big 2, O & C who themselves have both filibustered and voted to filibuster  to stop nominees ... in essence what the other guys are likely to do this year .... in fact they have both started already

The boot is on the other foot now

The boot is on the other foot for the Democrats.

cc

Off topic? Not really. Not is integrity is the issue. It gets crappier than the court thing for some's heros.

Further to how the other side plays the overall game, from 30% behind not long ago, slowly improving daily, Sanders today took a 3% lead that will NOT win him the nomination ... . if he gets t o a 10 + % lead it  will not win him enough delegates to win the nomination

You see, these "good guys for  the people" have rigged the system / protected it from "outsiders"  by having 100s of "super deligates .... insiders who will vote for insiders ..... plenty of them to defeat  the votes of the people even when the people have loudly shown their choice

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"It gets crappier for some's heros. Further to how the other side plays the overall game, from 30% behind not long ago, slowly improving daily, Sanders today took a 3% lead that will NOT win him the nomination ... . a 10 % lead will not win him enough delegates to win the nomination

You see, these "good guys" have rigged the system / protected it from "outsiders"  by having 100s of "super deligates .... insiders who will vote for insiders ..... plenty to defeat  the votes of the people even when the people have loudly shown their choice

That electoral college thing for choosing candidates and the president is bullshit.

cc

Well, at least for one group, you get delegates proportional to the vote of the people. Most delegates from the voters = win

For the other group, there are enough appointed cornball hack "super delegates" to overide even a large win by someone on the outside of the cronies

We are witnessing it today .. he wins NH by a large margin, the cronie's biatch gets many more delegates. He cannot win

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Well, at least for one group, you get delegates proportional to the vote of the people. Most delegates from the voters = win

For the other group, there are enough appointed cornball hack "super delegates" to overide even a large win by someone on the outside of the cronies

We are witnessing it today .. he wins NH by a large margin, the cronie's biatch gets many more delegates. He cannot win

Can you post a link about this ceec. I lived in the states and I would like to read this.

cc

Not without searching - oops, found one from AP

Even When Bernie Wins, It's Still Rigged For Hillary Because Of Super Delegates

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0617d451fe3b403b846c4dd1847cb5f8/despite-nh-loss-dem-insiders-boost-clintons-delegate-lead">AP - Superdelegates help Clinton expand her lead despite NH loss

So much for Bernie Sanders' big win in New Hampshire.

Since then, Hillary Clinton has picked up endorsements from 87 more superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention, dwarfing Sanders' gain from the New Hampshire primary, according to a new Associated Press survey. Sanders has added just 11 superdelegate endorsements.

If these party insiders continue to back Clinton overwhelmingly — and they can change their minds — Sanders would have to win the remaining primaries by a landslide just to catch up. He would have to roll up big margins because every Democratic contest awards delegates in proportion to the vote, so even the loser can get some.

After the contests in Iowa and New Hampshire, Sanders has a small 36-32 lead among delegates won in primaries and caucuses. But when superdelegates are included, Clinton leads 481-55, according to the AP count.

And this is the self proclaimed "party of the people"  :laugh: ... And no, the dastardly other guys have NO such thing

"Thank you God !!"

http://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Screen-Shot-2016-02-18-at-7.25.55-PM.png">

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Well, at least for one group, you get delegates proportional to the vote of the people. Most delegates from the voters = win

I never understood that system of party candidate voting.  That makes NO sense in a democracy.
Beware of Gaslighters!