The best topic

Replies: 8471
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:11:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Lets see...books, pen, laptop, Glock...I'm good to go

Started by Bricktop, February 26, 2016, 06:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Mona

Quote from: "RW"There's a lot of good ones too.  I don't know if I could handle going to school knowing other classmates were armed.  I sure as shit wouldn't feel comfortable as a teacher.

We had ONE massacre here in Australia, and they outlawed automatic weapons.  People do not roam the streets armed with guns, and to be honest, if it was normal to do so, then I would feel far less safe than I do walking around unarmed.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I didn't realise you required a fucking essay.

I don't require a "fucking essay" but when you say shit like it's easy to get a gun on the internet I expect you to know what you are talking about.

Now do you know the process of getting a gun off the net or not? Just answer the fucking question.

Go to Armslist.

Click State.

Click product you want.

Click "contact seller".

It's one of many classified sites listing firearms.  Some even buy them off craigslist or Facebook.

There's also a site that uses Bitcoin where you can buy all sorts of illegal firearms and drugs.  I'm not comfortable posting it though.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I didn't realise you required a fucking essay.

I don't require a "fucking essay" but when you say shit like it's easy to get a gun on the internet I expect you to know what you are talking about.

Now do you know the process of getting a gun off the net or not? Just answer the fucking question.

Go to Armslist.

Click State.

Click product you want.

Click "contact seller".

It's one of many classified sites listing firearms.  Some even buy them off craigslist or Facebook.

There's also a site that uses Bitcoin where you can buy all sorts of illegal firearms and drugs.  I'm not comfortable posting it though.

Buying firearms off of Craigslist List, Facebook or any other non FFL holder is frowned upon. In fact I know it is against Craig's list terms of service to sell any kind of firearm, ammunition or explosive and any add you come across selling anything like that should be reported immediately. Private transfer between indivduals is only legal if the seller and purchaser reside in the same state and then you still have to make sure what your local laws require. Many require that you register the transfer with your local police department or the ATF, some require nothing at all. Private transfer between individuals is basically a mine field of regs that varies from state to state and from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. It's totally stupid and you can unknowingly get yourself in trouble.

Since the discussion concerns guns on campus by " licensed only firearms owners" let's stick to legally owned and purchased firearms. Armslist states in their terms of use that all parties are responsible for making sure that transactions comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. That means all purchases must at the bare minimum comply with ATF regulations.

Legal transfer of firearms over the net that cross state lines are no easier than going to a sporting goods store and buying a weapon off the rack....in fact it is harder and definitely more expensive. Only idiots by guns from Armslist or any other similar site in that manner unless it is something rare and hard to find. Not to mention that I know the ATF monitors sites like Armslist and other similar sites.

Buying a gun legally across state lines on the net requires additional steps and fees that buying a firearm from a traditional brick and mortar store does not. First all legal purchases need to go through one or more FFL dealers or holders. If the weapon is being shipped from out of state it cannot be shipped to your home. It must be shipped to an FFL dealer in your home state. The buyer must pay a transfer fee to the dealer who is willing to accept the transfer. Not all FFL dealers will accept transfers and I've seen fees anywhere from $35 to $100 on top of your purchase price. The buyer must go to the receiving dealer with all his or her State and Federally required firearms purchasing ID, submit to a NICs check (National Instant Background check) and pass the check before they can take posession of the weapon.

If it is a handgun from an internet dealer, depending upon the jurisdiction where you live, you still have to submit to a state police, FBI and a mental health background check. You need to be finger printed and have a special permit issued from your local police department to purchase. Here in NJ. handgun background checks are a only good for 2 years before you have to submit to the process all over again. I myself have gone through it 3 times so far.

It is not as easy as some would have you think and it is a real pain in the ass for those of us that follow the law because of the convoluted nature of the whole mess. I've personally only purchased one firearm over the net because it was something odd and I wanted it but I will never do it again due to the cost involved and the red tape. Granted in some yahoo states like Alabama or Idaho where it is illegal to buy a dildo but perfectly legal to marry your 1st cousin, the laws are somewhat more lax. :mad:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

eagle

I learned how to build a makeshift cannon to kill lizard creatures by watching Star Trek.   ac_unsure

http://vincentpaone.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/arena_280.jpg">

RW

Well thank you for the essay on purchasing a firearm online.  If you want to purchase a gun illegally, it's not as hard as you think either.  It took me minutes to find where you can buy illegal weapons including automatic weapons which proves my point that having Internet provides easier access to firearms than was possible before Internet.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Well thank you for the essay on purchasing a firearm online.  If you want to purchase a gun illegally, it's not as hard as you think either.  It took me minutes to find where you can buy illegal weapons including automatic weapons which proves my point that having Internet provides easier access to firearms than was possible before Internet.

It was just as easy before the internet. Do you think getting an illegal weapon is hard without access to the net. According to the ATF most illegal sales are thru illegal dealers that do not advertise on the net. Illegal sales of weapons are too easy to trace and monitor if you can what them on the internet or any public venue.

Do you think you are some kind of super sleuth that you found websites selling illegal weapons? Do you think that the ATF and the FBI don't know about the sites you think you found? Don't be naive. Try buying something thru one of those sites.....this aught to be fun to watch.  :laugh3:

As for my "essay", I just figured you needed an education on purchasing firearms legally as you like so many people are completely and utterly ignorant of the reality of doing so. Most of you want to believe that buying a gun is like buying a stick of gum because that's what the media and so many politicians want you to believe. In case you missed my point, which you obviously did, laws governing the legal purchase of firearms in the US are pretty stringent; if you follow the rules.

You also mentioned Armslist which is a legit website that complies with ATF regulations and specifically warns it's subscribers to make sure that they follow all regulations concerning sale and purchase of firearms. Couple that with the fact that this thread concerns a contraversy regarding the legal carry of firearms on campus I logically kept my "essay" to the legal aspects of the issue.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "RW"There's a lot of good ones too.  I don't know if I could handle going to school knowing other classmates were armed.  I sure as shit wouldn't feel comfortable as a teacher.

We had ONE massacre here in Australia, and they outlawed automatic weapons.  People do not roam the streets armed with guns, and to be honest, if it was normal to do so, then I would feel far less safe than I do walking around unarmed.

Exactly.

Meanwhile, in America, they are filling up on lethal weaponry.

Renee seems unwilling to address that issue.

(She is both American and psychotic...).

RW

So the Internet has not made it easier to purchase legal firearms Renee? I would imagine adding another point of sale (or hundreds) would make acquiring a legal gun easier for those eligible to do so (since you want to keep it legal).  DERP.

I know of many sites that have been targeted by the FBI even more have cropped up since the introduction of toe browsers and Bitcoins.  I know the FBI knows about them but who and where these people are and who they are dealing with remains a mystery.  Sometimes they catch a lucky break but it doesn't happen every day.  I know this because I know people who work with the FBI on these type of cases.  I'm going to go and assume you don't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

eagle

You guys make it sound like it's Renee's fault. She didn't write the laws you know. There's a lot of crazy people down there. If the good people didn't have access to guns it'd turn into one massive turkey shoot.  ac_unsure

Bricktop

It is Renee's fault.

And every other American that supports gun ownership and believes that private citizens owning firearms benefits the community.

They have painted the US into a corner it can never escape from.

RW

Really?  How is defending my stance that you can buy guns online now making them more readily available blaming Renee?
Beware of Gaslighters!

eagle

Quote from: "RW"Really?  How is defending my stance that you can buy guns online now making them more readily available blaming Renee?

Okay, maybe not you. But Mr. Crowley!... :laugh:

eagle

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"It is Renee's fault.

And every other American that supports gun ownership and believes that private citizens owning firearms benefits the community.

They have painted the US into a corner it can never escape from.

Well in a perfect world no one would need to own a gun because there'd be no criminals. Speaking of perfect worlds...  ac_unsure

QuoteCalifornia Highway Patrol needed nearly four hours to catch a runaway 'unicorn'

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-unicorn-20160226-story.html">//http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-unicorn-20160226-story.html

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

eagle

Quote from: "RW"I'm surprised no one shot it.

Would you want to be the cop who killed the unicorn?