The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Would you eat this Frankenfood?

Started by shin, March 05, 2016, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"There seems to be a trend with combining foods that would never otherwise end up on the same plate.

First up: Sushi burrito

Would you eat this?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH8LI8GZLgk Would I eat that?  Dude, I've been dreaming about it ever since I found out it exists. But I'm pregnant....so I cant. Yet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I'd sooner eat from just about any food truck than some of the Chinese restaurants I've been in lately.

I go in, I place an order and I start looking around and I say to myself.....Self, please don't start counting the dead flies in the light fixtures, you're going to throw up.  :yuk:
In New Orleans, there were these guys who used to drive around in a pick up with a full on grill and sell the best pulled pork and bbq you ever had. They'd go to businesses and sell to employees and whoever else. It was cheap, large portions, and amazing.

RW

How about the Kuro Pearl Burger King burger from Japan?  Mmmm squid ink.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kuro-burger-king.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=640">

Burger King went to the dark side. This curious creation comes with black cheese (dyed with bamboo charcoal) and a black bun. You'll also find squid ink in the onion-garlic sauce.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Renee"I'd sooner eat from just about any food truck than some of the Chinese restaurants I've been in lately.

I go in, I place an order and I start looking around and I say to myself.....Self, please don't start counting the dead flies in the light fixtures, you're going to throw up.  :yuk:
In New Orleans, there were these guys who used to drive around in a pick up with a full on grill and sell the best pulled pork and bbq you ever had. They'd go to businesses and sell to employees and whoever else. It was cheap, large portions, and amazing.

When we were in Winnipeg, there was a converted milk truck like that..

It stayed in the same place though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I like the Caplanski's trucks. Best Jewish deli anywhere aside from Katz's in New York City.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I like the Caplanski's trucks. Best Jewish deli anywhere aside from Katz's in New York City.

OMG, Katz,s on Houston Street; their corned beef is to die for. :thumbup: You can't even get in the door at lunchtime.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

OMG, Katz,s on Houston Street; their corned beef is to die for. :thumbup: You can even get in the door at lunchtime.

It is, but so is their pastrami, their ruebens and brisket. Anyone going there, try the knishes.

shin

Quote from: "shin"I used to work in a restaurant when I was a teenager, and from what I learned back then, every public place of bisuness is subject to health inspections of some kind. It's not even limited to freshly made food or places that sell edible products.

Part of the reason they sweep and mop the floors  daily in places of business has to do with the health code. I believe this is pretty much true across the board in the first world.

Even if you open a lemonade stand and somebody gets sick who recently purchased something from you at that stand, you can face fines of up to $100,000 through OSHA, and the availability of public health records would probably fall under HIPAA. No one generally sues vendors who seem to not be able to pay the exorbitant fines that have made many an attorney wealthy, so we don't hear about these things much. Plus, it would most likely fall under appellate court rulings... but that's just here in the U.S.

Have you ever seen Bar Rescue? Not every bar or restaurant is following the rules.

I've never heard of it, but it would depend on where these places are. It's not unheard of to bribe the officers.

I have a pretty strong stomach, so I've never gotten too ill from eating even slightly spoiled food. If someone were to try poisoning me, that would be a different story altogether.

shin

Quote from: "RW"How about the Kuro Pearl Burger King burger from Japan?  Mmmm squid ink.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/kuro-burger-king.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=640">

Burger King went to the dark side. This curious creation comes with black cheese (dyed with bamboo charcoal) and a black bun. You'll also find squid ink in the onion-garlic sauce.

Y'know... at first glance it looked repulsive because I associate that color with burnt food, but I think I would be willing to try it one day if they brought it here. I don't usually go for BK, though.

shin

Quote from: "shin"There seems to be a trend with combining foods that would never otherwise end up on the same plate.

First up: Sushi burrito

Would you eat this?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH8LI8GZLgk Would I eat that?  Dude, I've been dreaming about it ever since I found out it exists. But I'm pregnant....so I cant. Yet.

Hi Dove!  ac_hithere

I bet you're ready to pop. What kinds of foods have you had to give up during pregnancy?

shin

Hey Renee!

I wanted to say I commend you for being brave enough to show your face regularly. You're not bad looking.  :howdy:

Renee

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "RW"How about the Kuro Pearl Burger King burger from Japan?  Mmmm squid ink.

Y'know... at first glance it looked repulsive because I associate that color with burnt food, but I think I would be willing to try it one day if they brought it here. I don't usually go for BK, though.

I wouldn't eat it. I've tried eating pasta dyed with squid ink and I can't get it passed my lips. It's the visual the feaks me out.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

shin

I wouldn't eat it. I've tried eating pasta dyed with squid ink and I can't get it passed my lips. It's the visual the feaks me out.

I think with me it would have a similar effect based on when I've tried eating green and red pasta. All pasta tastes different enough just based on the shape.

Renee

I think with me it would have a similar effect based on when I've tried eating green and red pasta. All pasta tastes different enough just based on the shape.

That's true but it's mostly phycological. I love most pasta, EXCEPT those wagon wheel abominations. They're just nasty.  :negative:  :laugh3:

RW

Regular pasta itself doesn't taste different per se (unless something has been added to it) but they all hold sauce differently.
Beware of Gaslighters!