The best topic

Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

High School Memories

Started by Renee, March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"i think if i had a dead jew, i'd make a money clip out of him rather than a lampshade.... i think they would be naturally good for that.... or turn him into a stack of complaint forms.... lol....

What is a money clip?

its a small (usually metal) thin clip (usually somewhat decorative) for holding money.... it looks like a very nice clothespin that someone ran over with a steamroller....

Oh I see dsm, it's a physical object..

I thought it may have been an investment.

:laugh:

deadskinmask

Quote from: "deadskinmask"i think if i had a dead jew, i'd make a money clip out of him rather than a lampshade.... i think they would be naturally good for that.... or turn him into a stack of complaint forms.... lol....

What is a money clip?

its a small (usually metal) thin clip (usually somewhat decorative) for holding money.... it looks like a very nice clothespin that someone ran over with a steamroller....

yes.... i'm quite a shrewd investor.... currently i have most of my money tied up in 'houses and lots'....

(whorehouses and lots of whiskey)....

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Out of my rib? Looks like my hide is unfit for lamp shades.

maybe a cover for the oven light.... lol....

Ribs tonight. Any quick tips. Have not tried flavor injecting yet.

Anonymous

What is a money clip?

yes.... i'm quite a shrewd investor.... currently i have most of my money tied up in 'houses and lots'....

(whorehouses and lots of whiskey)....

Oh my dsm.

ac_blush

deadskinmask

brazilian style.... just a little rock salt and black pepper.... maybe a bit of cherrywood smoke. or a small bit of pecan....

Anonymous

Do you crush the pecan and sprinkle it on?

Twenty Dollars

brazilian style.... just a little rock salt and black pepper.... maybe a bit of cherrywood smoke. or a small bit of pecan....

You mentioned pecans before. Cherrywood smoke might be a problem. Would you add a bar b q sauce or serve as is?

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"Do you crush the pecan and sprinkle it on?

no. its pecan wood. not the actual nut.... you put it on the fire for smoke.... it has a good flavor on pork and chicken....

deadskinmask

You mentioned pecans before. Cherrywood smoke might be a problem. Would you add a bar b q sauce or serve as is?

i don't sauce ribs. its too easy to drown out the flavor.... the only time i really ever sauce is when i do briskets for sandwiches.... otherwise, i just salt n pepper em or a nice dry rub.... sometimes i aso use a jagermiester marinade and sprinkle it with coffee grounds....

Anonymous

no. its pecan wood. not the actual nut.... you put it on the fire for smoke.... it has a good flavor on pork and chicken....

I believe it would..

The barbeque, especially in the Southern USA, is so much better than what we know in Western Canada.

deadskinmask

I believe it would..

The barbeque, especially in the Southern USA, is so much better than what we know in Western Canada.

barbeque here is actually done like its suppose to be most of the time. ppl get bbq and grilling out confused.... bbq is low heat and slow cooking over smoke. grilling out is high heat over hot coals.... there are alot of southerners that don't know how to do it right either. its sad....

Twenty Dollars

I believe it would..

So many ways to make things taste good. Good tips Dead. Maybe you need to start a Bar B Q thread. I could see some crushed pecans in that rub maybe too.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

shin

Hold on, I have to go back and look at what the original questions were in this thread. I know it has something to do with high school.

I see you guys met our fellow bastard, dubsack.  :pop:

shin

Might as well just quote it...

Quote from: "Renee"How do you remember your High School years? Do you remember your High School years? Did you enjoy them or were you miserable?

Since every school has its cliques and groups who did you hang out with, where did you belong? We're you in with the popular kids, where you a jock/sporto, a delinquent, a head case, a nerd, a band geek or were you a mixed bag of several of those things? Ever wonder what happened to High School friends you lost touch with?

Do you still have your High School graduation pics, your year book? Do you ever look at them and say....Holy Fuck! What was I thinking or do you look at them fondly or not think about them at all?

The reason I'm asking is because I recently came a cross my own HS pics and personal crap at my parents house and while looking at them I couldn't stop laughing. Unfortunately I think my laughter was simply a nervous reflex to cover the feeling of opportunity lost. Back then I thought I knew it all, time sure has proven that wrong.  Christ, was I dumb.

High school was perhaps the largest collective learning experience of my life. Before I went to a far away high school, I spent most of my days not leaving my neighborhood. Since my high school brought kids from all over the city together, participating in activities with them took me to the ends of the Earth... or all around the city and beyond.

Yes, we had cliques. The first one I gravitated to were people who identified with alternative music and wore dark colors. I made other friends who were jocks, metal heads, nerds, and whatnot, but there was a lot of  crossover between the cliques so at the end of the day we were all friends. It wasn't unusual to see other weirdos at parties.

I try not to look at my yearbook pictures much because it makes the nostalgia less precious. Sometimes, people post old pics on social media, and it never ceases to amaze me how they must have thought these moments were going to serve as conversation pieces with the same people 20 years later. I suppose I should add "time traveling druids" to the list of cliques.

I thought I had life figured out in my early twenties. Now I know the world is immense and so is it's knowledge base.