The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Happy International Women's Day.

Started by Bricktop, March 08, 2016, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Are you calling Rom a pussy???

ac_toofunny

I do not think he would last too long on a rig. And it is not because he is a woman either. :laugh3:

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Knock yourself out.

In my country, all pay is equal, discrimination is unlawful, and women have been elected prime minister.

Nit pick all you want. I would never deny there is still a way to go, but as with all zealots, you fail to see the wood for the trees.

That means sexism doesn't exist then.  LOL!  Even you yourself claim women are less competent in areas than men citing leadership in our discussion.  That's a sexist attitude and it's one that's shared amoung men and women.  Until out dated thinking like that stops, sexism will exist whether it's legislated or not.

Sexism exists, and has existed since our thumb became opposed.

Sexism is not confined to men. Portraying men as ignorant, bellicose and gormless cretins has been the mainstay of popular comedy for decades. The Simpsons? The Flintstones? Shallow Hal? How many TV shows have you seen where if the genders of lead characters were reversed, hell would have to pay?

Likewise, racism is not confined to whites. My daughter lives in Japan, and hates it because of the anti-white racism that permeates their social environment. Whites in Africa are in peril in South Africa and Zimbabwe.

Humans are imperfect, and selective. Or they discriminate. This is not always a BAD thing. Where discrimination has been unfair, such as in gender stereotyping, we are making massive progress in implementing change. But you do NOT undo centuries of ingrained discrimination over night. And, just because you've been discriminated against, it does not mean that some elements of the stereotyping are wrong.

You want it all. You want it now.

But you don't want to earn it, because you think we owe you.

Men owe women nothing. We all grew up in the same environment that allocated roles according to gender...and in large part, many women did OK. They got a house, cars, clothes and other commodities without working for them. Some got castles and servants.

Then you decided you wanted a bigger share of the world, and in modern, western countries like YOURS, men said OK, and made room for you. It has been less than 50 years since these changes were implemented.

And women have some learning and growing up to do as well. In particular, actually deciding what it is they want that will make them happy.

So far, I've seen little that actually defines what you want. Marriage? 50% break down. Career? But then you want babies. Parenthood? No, you get bored being at home looking after brats. Welfare? Oh, yes please....

Women are changing, and no doubt for the better, but they have not yet CHANGED...they remain ambiguous, unequivocal and capricious.

Its time to stop blaming men for your inadequacy, and look to yourselves. There is work to be done.

RW

Fuck you we don't want to earn it.  We have to work harder to "earn it" and even then we spin our wheels in a man's world.  Let us have the same opportunities you have and let's see how we do.

Guys take off leaving us with the kids and you bitch about us needing welfare to get by.  Fuck you again.  Go talk to your deadbeat brethern.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Fuck you we don't want to earn it.

Case closed.

:deadhorse:

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "RW"Fuck you we don't want to earn it.

Case closed.

:deadhorse:

I'm just getting started.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

But like all races females join, the rest of the field departed hours ago.

Give it up.

Do a Marco Rubio...and accept defeat.

RW

From Australia:

Women are dropping out of trade apprenticeships at higher rates than men, with sexism and bullying cited as the cause.

"Ducks on the pond" was the call issued in the shearing shed when a sheila entered the blokes domain. It was a warning.

The authors of a report commissioned by the NSW Skills Board into the experience of women in traditional trades were astonished to hear the call is still being made in workplaces. But the silence that ensued wasn't the worst of it.

Every woman surveyed had experienced bullying, discrimination or sexual harassment. One in four had experienced unwanted sexual attention. These were woman who had expected a tough environment. "But they do not expect to work in an environment of innuendo, prejudice or sexual propositions," the report said.

Girls that go into apprenticeships in male-dominated fields have a strong desire to prove themselves and don't mind getting their hands dirty.

But for many it is difficult finding an employer willing to take on a female apprentice. When they start work, it can be a shock.

Forty per cent said they had to work twice as hard for male colleagues to think they were half as good. "They are constantly testing you, trying to get you to break," said one woman.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

One in three female apprentices that quit believed they hadn't been treated fairly.

Most bosses believed they had policies to address harassment, and were shocked to hear female apprentices were experiencing sexual harassment and bullying, but the women were reluctant to report it unless pushed to the edge – because they didn't want the reputation of  'the girl that goes to HR'.

Yet a third of female apprentices had complained, and almost half (44 per cent) of drop-outs had made a complaint before leaving.

Female apprentices didn't want special treatment, but did want TAFE and employers to remember they are not boys: 78 per cent said they wanted smaller uniforms that actually fit, and female toilets. Employers said it wasn't important.

http://m.smh.com.au/comment/sexism-and-bullying-forcing-women-out-of-trades-report-20151204-glg0tk.html">http://m.smh.com.au/comment/sexism-and- ... lg0tk.html">http://m.smh.com.au/comment/sexism-and-bullying-forcing-women-out-of-trades-report-20151204-glg0tk.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Seems woman have similar experiences in Australia on trades as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Men 'have learnt to mask sexism in workplace'

Unconscious bias training is a "tick-the-box exercise" that will not solve gender imbalances in the workplace, a former construction boss has warned.

Gender equity consultant Mark Toner says the new "fad" in which company appointed trainers use psychological questionnaires to help staff recognise biases achieves little because alerting people to their unconscious beliefs is not enough to change their behaviour.

And, he says, companies underestimate the scale of deliberate sexism in the workplace, ­because men have learnt to mask attitudes. Writing in the journal of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, Dr Toner criticises a "superficial" assumption unconscious bias training eliminates unconscious biases.

THE DEAL: A female construction manager recalls a colleague's 'I want to f... you' remark

"The real question is what are (companies) doing to assist their staff to deal with their unconscious biases, and how are they ­addressing the conscious biases that we are all subject to?".

The warning comes as a looming crisis in science, technology, engineering and maths threatens to undermine the government's "ideas boom".

Dr Toner co-founded his consulting company, Gender Matters, after heading an engineering construction firm staffed almost exclusively by men. He said even minuscule levels of bias against women inevitably produced big workforce imbalances.

He cited US modelling that found in a company with equal numbers of male and female juniors a 1 per cent bias in promotions would lead to twice as many men as women in the senior ranks.

"Unconscious bias training has become very trendy," she said. "(But with) biases built up over a lifetime, how you change (them) is a whole different kettle of fish from being aware of them."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/men-have-learnt-to-mask-sexism-in-workplace/news-story/67cddd583aa4cdbbc69bcd0ceddab4db">http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busines ... 0ceddab4db">http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/men-have-learnt-to-mask-sexism-in-workplace/news-story/67cddd583aa4cdbbc69bcd0ceddab4db
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

See, this is how these stories are utter bullshit.

Women fail in male dominated vocations, and its the male's fault. Not theirs. Not their inability to operate in a hard, laborious and strenuous work environment. Nope. Men. Men who purportedly bully and harass, when they are probably trying to direct and guide females in tasks where lives are at risk. Where physical strength is essential. Where male aptitude flourishes.

And then they cite the saying "Ducks on the pond" when a female enters.

What fucking garbage. "Ducks on the pond" was male "code" for a female entering an all male domain, warning them to kerb their language lest they offend.

Nothing more.

Now, you want to see some discrimination? Apply for a job in a child day care centre as a male. See how many responses you get.

Renee

Yeah because attitudes and remarks like this which are all too common, are due to the "failure of women" in the workplace.

"THE DEAL: A female construction manager recalls a colleague's 'I want to fuck you' remark"

Somebody stuff a sock in that old relic's mouth. What an ancient piece of shit that old crow is and his attitude reflects it. It's a God damn travesty that in this day and age his kind of attitude still exists. :mad:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

At my husband's shop there is one lady journeyman electrician..

There was another younger girl a few years ago who was a first year apprentice, but she quit.

RW

Looks like it happens in the Canadian RCMP as well...

This class action has been brought by former RCMP constable Janet Merlo as a proposed class action. Ms. Merlo is the plaintiff acting on behalf of female RCMP members. Ms. Merlo alleges that she and fellow female Members, Civilian Members and Public Service Employees were subject to gender-based discrimination, bullying and harassment and that the RCMP failed to exercise the duty to women to ensure that they could work in an environment free of gender-based discrimination, bullying and harassment.

"They're gonna hear from people who had one or two incidents that really upset them, to women who were physically assaulted and sexually assaulted during the course of their career," Janet Merlo said.

So far, 363 women have officially joined the case...

Janet Merlo talks about her case specifically:

Merlo said she had a bad experience when she told her supervisor in Nanaimo, B.C., that she required a maternity leave.

"He just started yelling and screaming at me," she recalled.

"If I wanted a career in the RCMP, I'd have to decide on that or I could pop out kids my whole life ... he told me that next time I should keep my f---ing legs closed."

Merlo said she waited until her supervisor retired to have another child.

In an affidavit, Merlo alleges another boss made "overtly sexual comments to me, offering to rub my breast ... offering to give me his 'big Italian salami' and asking if 'I liked it on top?'"

She said a sergeant kept a naked blow-up doll in his office, and at one point a dildo was left on her desk with a vacuum attachment.  

"My boss told me he'd left me a present that was long and black and thick and I could take it home on days off and have fun with it," she said.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Women were punished for complaining...

"They just had no use for women. It's a misogynistic organization that found it inconvenient to have women and mothers," said Yvonne Walsh, a retired corporal who lives in St. John's.

Walsh said grievances and even letters to the RCMP commissioner at the time were ignored.

She claims her boss retaliated by refusing to promote her or accommodate her request to be with her child during a medical crisis.

Nancy Arias, a former publice servant in Ottawa, alleges some RCMP managers were abusive bullies.

"The inspector would yell and scream at me and leave me in tears" said the woman who was involved in a prolonged dispute with a co-worker.

Arias said RCMP management failed to deal with a difficult employee who targeted her.

"I was threatened, I was said Arias, who now works as a dishwasher.

"It can have a debilitating effect on these women. We've seen depression, suicide attempts, substance abuse, broken relationships and shattered careers," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/more-women-alleging-harassment-want-to-join-lawsuit-against-rcmp-1.3089534">http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/brit ... -1.3089534">http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/more-women-alleging-harassment-want-to-join-lawsuit-against-rcmp-1.3089534
Beware of Gaslighters!