The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Gravy

Started by Renee, March 13, 2016, 09:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Okay now that you have the sauce and the pasta you have to have meatballs.

Directions

Combine in a bowl the parsley, bread crumbs, basil, salt, pepper, cheese, and red pepper. Mix well.

In a separate mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk. Beat the eggs until they are completely incorporated into the milk. Set aside and keep cold.

In a small frying pan heat the oil and garlic. Cook the garlic until it begins to brown. Remove from heat and let cool to around room temp.

Add the meat to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until slightly incorporated.

Add the egg and milk, warm water and the garlic to the mixture.  Mix until fully incorporated.

Preheat your oven to 350°F

Form your balls into the size of a baseball but not as big as a softball. (I like large meatballs. Small marble like meatballs are a joke) place the meatballs in a large baking dish. Make sure they are not touching each other or the sides of the dish. Bake until the internal temp of the meatballs are 165°F. This usually takes a little over an hour. (DO NOT OVERCOOK). You should come out with about 10 servings.

Once the meatballs come to temperature, put them on a platter pour your sauce on top and serve. You can garnish them with some grated cheese and fresh parsley if you like.

Theses are going to be big balls. It you can't eat big balls cut them in half or even quarters. To be honest, if I'm serving them with pasta, I usually split one with my daughter.

Enjoy ac_biggrin

Pork and veal meatballs? I've only tried the beef variety.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"Okay now that you have the sauce and the pasta you have to have meatballs.

Directions

Combine in a bowl the parsley, bread crumbs, basil, salt, pepper, cheese, and red pepper. Mix well.

In a separate mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk. Beat the eggs until they are completely incorporated into the milk. Set aside and keep cold.

In a small frying pan heat the oil and garlic. Cook the garlic until it begins to brown. Remove from heat and let cool to around room temp.

Add the meat to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until slightly incorporated.

Add the egg and milk, warm water and the garlic to the mixture.  Mix until fully incorporated.

Form your balls into the size of a baseball but not as big as a softball. (I like large meatballs. Small marble like meatballs are a joke) place the meatballs in a large baking dish. Make sure they are not touching each other or the sides of the dish. Bake until the internal temp of the meatballs are 165°F. This usually takes a little over an hour. (DO NOT OVERCOOK). You should come out with about 10 servings.

Once the meatballs come to temperature, put them on a platter pour your sauce on top and serve. You can garnish them with some grated cheese and fresh parsley if you like.

Theses are going to be big balls. It you can't eat big balls cut them in half or even quarters. To be honest, if I'm serving them with pasta, I usually split one with my daughter.

Enjoy ac_biggrin

The pork and veal adds some complexity to the flavor. I find plain ground beef to be boring.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Directions

Enjoy ac_biggrin

The pork and veal adds some complexity to the flavor. I find plain ground beef to be boring.

I can't remember the last time we had veal in our house.

ac_umm

Anonymous

Directions

Enjoy ac_biggrin

Those are some fancy meatballs Renee.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

Directions

Enjoy ac_biggrin

They're worth the work. Believe me.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Directions

Enjoy ac_biggrin

I'll bet they are.  How often do you make pasta and meatballs?

Bricktop

Hey, Renee.

You left something off your recipe.

"Serves one".

You're welcome.

Renee

Directions

Enjoy ac_biggrin

I'll bet they are.  How often do you make pasta and meatballs?

The nice thing about sauce is it freezes well.

Pasta....quite often. It's a quick dinner during the week.

Meatballs......maybe once a month on a Sunday and then as leftovers on the following Monday or Tuesday . They require some time and when you work and are running with kids there is no time.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Hey, Renee.

"Serves one".

You're welcome.

If you read the fucking thing you would see that it serves 10.

Once again you are showing off your lack of wit and obsessive need to grab my leg and hump it like a fucking out of control horn dog. acc_angry

Go away creep.

On a related note; this is why I never posted recipes before. Juvenile assholes like TD and the old corpse who cannot control themselves, ruin it because they think they have a right to belittle me because of how they precieve my appearance.

I should not be surprised by this anymore but I can't help but find it ll so tedious and pathetic. :sad:

RW

I agree Renee.  

That's pretty much the same recipe I use for meatballs as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

"Serves one".

You're welcome.

Once again you are showing off your lack of wit and obsessive need to grab my leg and hump it like a fucking out of control horn dog. acc_angry

Go away creep.

On a related note; this is why I never posted recipes before. Juvenile assholes like TD and the old corpse who cannot control themselves, ruin it because they think they have a right to belittle me because of how they precieve my appearance.

I should not be surprised by this anymore but I can't help but find it ll so tedious and pathetic. :sad:

American hypocrisy at its finest.

Spare us your wailing. You give as much as you get, if not more.

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

"Serves one".

You're welcome.

Go away creep.

Fuck you, scumbag.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

"Serves one".

You're welcome.

Go away creep.

Fuck you, scumbag.

At first glance I thought Shen Li wrote this.

Anonymous

It was a lot of work and it was messy as hell. But my gosh was it worth it. There's lots in the freezer. Sauce all over the walls. I will get that tonight.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"It was a lot of work and it was messy as hell. But my gosh was it worth it. There's lots in the freezer. Sauce all over the walls. I will get that tonight.

:laugh3: