Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Good News - With split second timing, father saves son

Started by cc, March 13, 2016, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

We have netting behind our home plate do people don't get hit with bats and balls.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"We have netting behind our home plate do people don't get hit with bats and balls.

The newer pro stadiums like Citi field and the new Yankee stadium have very small backstop netting. The diamond level seats are expensive and people don't want to have obstructed view. If you are even slightly toward the home or visiting side of home plate you are outside the nets. The nets as they are, are basically only good for foul tips that go almost straight back.

MLB is now looking at expanding the nets because of recent fan injuries. One proposal is to expand the backstop netting left and right all the way to the home and visitors dugouts. That will suck.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Checkout the dumbass woman in the red top, holding her hands out to protect herself from a missile at least 10 metres away.

And they want us to believe they can handle a crisis?

As usual, it was a man that saved the day.

Where was the father when he should of been telling his kid to get off the cell phone and watch out for foul balls and broken bats? ......Oh I probably know.....doing guy thing like flagging down the beer vendor?   ac_umm

As they say...God watches out for idiots and drunks.

When you sit behind home plate you better not have your head up your ass. Unfortunately if that were you in that seat, you would have been fucked. Then again, I'd pay real money to see you get a face full of wood. :laugh3:

Oh comon now .. you wood knot
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Checkout the dumbass woman in the red top, holding her hands out to protect herself from a missile at least 10 metres away.

Where was the father when he should of been telling his kid to get off the cell phone and watch out for foul balls and broken bats? ......Oh I probably know.....doing guy thing like flagging down the beer vendor?   ac_umm

As they say...God watches out for idiots and drunks.

When you sit behind home plate you better not have your head up your ass. Unfortunately if that were you in that seat, you would have been fucked. Then again, I'd pay real money to see you get a face full of wood. :laugh3:

Oh comon now .. you wood knot

:sneaky2:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"

You, a man, can't tell the difference between 2 meters and 10.  Seems to be a common problem with your gender.  You guys can't estimate length but think you can handle a crisis?  HA!

And you, a woman, know nothing of telescopic lenses and their tendency to condense a scene into looking flat and compressed.

Here is a page that may help you understand how telephoto lenses work.

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/18185/what-does-it-really-mean-that-telephoto-lenses-flatten-scenes">http://photo.stackexchange.com/question ... ten-scenes">http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/18185/what-does-it-really-mean-that-telephoto-lenses-flatten-scenes

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"I understand how to count stadium seats ya knob.

And?

I'm supposed to be impressed you can count seats?

Try "Sesame Street".

kiebers

Center to center on a row of seats is 2.7 feet approx. Five rows = 13.5 feet or a little over 4 meters.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

And?

I'm supposed to be impressed you can count seats?

Try "Sesame Street".

I watched as a kid which is probably why I can tell the difference between 4m and 10m.

I notice the gender of the inattentive child was never mentioned by you Crow.  Why is that?
Beware of Gaslighters!