Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Congratulations Brad Wall on the Threepeat

Started by Anonymous, April 04, 2016, 11:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

:thumbup:

Premier Brad Wall and the Saskatchewan Party have made history with their overwhelming victory in the 2016 provincial election.

By virtue of Monday's win, Wall has become the longest-serving non-social democrat premier in the province's history. The Sask. Party also became the first non-social party to win three consecutive elections since 1925.

"Every time I drive around my hometown and see my name on someone's sign they put up, my name to indicate they're supporting me, that is a humbling thing," Wall said Monday after voting in his home riding of Swift Current, in which he was easily reelected.

http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/brad-wall-saskatchewan-party-make-history-third-straight-election-victory">http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-ne ... on-victory">http://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-news/brad-wall-saskatchewan-party-make-history-third-straight-election-victory

Anonymous

Brad's the man. Fuck, I wish he was premier of Alberta too.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Wasn't Tommy Douglas from SASK?

He sure was. A great man. An old school politician who put the people ahead of winning elections. A prairie populist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"What a quiet election it was.

The price collapse of oil and potash is what people have on their minds.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

He sure was. A great man. An old school politician who put the people ahead of winning elections. A prairie populist.

You flat landers have good taste :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

You flat landers have good taste :)

Politics is a little different here than the rest of the country.

I forgot to mention, my dad met Tommy Douglas. A brilliant guy, but down to earth. Brad Wall has a lot of Tommy's common man touch.

cc

He was all of that. My mate's great grandfather. also a great and respected man and  Ontario "soft CCF" (now known as NDP) city mayor (Brantford)   knew him well and worked closely with him and Paul Martin  (Liberal Fed Health Minister at the time) drafting Canada's health care

Douglas was a MAJOR part of it happening ..... the inspiration behind it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

I don't want to be a filing Nazi but it would be nice if you Canadians would put politically oriented posts in the politics subforum.

Now I know this is probably exciting news for you guys and I know that I (a fat dumb American) being in the minority around here, I might be asking alot but could you please just put your shit where it belongs?.......eh. :laugh3:

Oh BTW, sorry I almost forgot, congratulations to.....what's his name. I guess he was a great hockey player.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I don't want to be a filing Nazi but it would be nice if you Canadians would put politically oriented posts in the politics subforum?

Now I know this is probably exciting news for you guys and I know that I (a fat dumb American) being in the minority around here, I might be asking alot but could you please just put your shit where it belongs?.......eh. :laugh3:

Oh BTW, sorry I almost forgot, congratulations to.....what's his name. I guess he was a great hockey player.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Congratulations to the people of Saskatchewan for voting for sensible leadership. I hope we do not give Wynn's Liberals another mandate in 2018.

Anonymous

Brad vowed to keep up the fight for Saskatchewan's economic interests. That's kind of a warning to the pm that he can expect Wall to keep the pressure on for Energy East and no to a carbon tax. Transfer payments are another issue he has with Ottawa.

Anonymous

The great Wall of Saskatchewan is not ruling out a run for the Conservatives federally. His prairie populism would never work anywhere outside Saskatchewan.