Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

There's This Troll on TR Forum Named Gargoyle

Started by Rambo Wong, March 30, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"If there is a flame board or a board with a flamer on it, you'll find Freud.

That is a strange addiction he has.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"If there is a flame board or a board with a flamer on it, you'll find Freud.

It's hard to believe a man in his mid forties like Gargoyle would enjoy being so immature.

Anonymous

It's been a while since I last read the Wiki on Internet Addiction Disorder.  I know a fair number of internet personas who would score high on this...myself included, probably.   ac_crying

Mark D. Griffiths' six criteria of Internet addiction are:

1.  Salience: When the use of the Internet becomes the more important activity in an individual's life and dominates their thinking (pre-occupations and cognitive distortions), feelings (cravings), and behavior (deterioration of socialized behavior). For example, even when the person is "off line," they are thinking about the next time they will be on line.

2.  Mood modification: The positive subjective experiences which people report as a consequence of engaging in Internet use and which can be seen as a coping strategy for them (i.e. they experience an arousing "buzz" or a "high," or they experience a tranquilizing feeling of "escape" or "numbing").

3.  Tolerance: The process by which users increase the level of Internet use they partake in, to achieve its mood-modification effects. There is a tendency to gradually increase the amount of time spent on line, in order to expand or extend those effects.

4.  Withdrawal symptoms: The unpleasant feeling-states and/or physical effects which occur when Internet use is discontinued or suddenly reduced. Withdrawal symptoms might include shakiness, moodiness, or irritability.

5.  Conflict: The various conflicts emerging as a result of the person's excessive Internet use: interpersonal conflict; conflicts with other activities (e.g., job, social life, other interests); or conflicts within the individual (intrapsychic conflict and/or feelings of loss of control).

6.  Relapse: The tendency for repeated reversals to, or recurrence of, prior behavioral patterns.

Even the most extreme patterns of excessive Internet use or addiction can be rapidly restored by the user – even after periods of abstinence or control.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

It's been a while since I last read the Wiki on Internet Addiction Disorder.  I know a fair number of internet personas who would score high on this...myself included, probably.   ac_crying

Mark D. Griffiths' six criteria of Internet addiction are:

1.  Salience: When the use of the Internet becomes the more important activity in an individual's life and dominates their thinking (pre-occupations and cognitive distortions), feelings (cravings), and behavior (deterioration of socialized behavior). For example, even when the person is "off line," they are thinking about the next time they will be on line.

2.  Mood modification: The positive subjective experiences which people report as a consequence of engaging in Internet use and which can be seen as a coping strategy for them (i.e. they experience an arousing "buzz" or a "high," or they experience a tranquilizing feeling of "escape" or "numbing").

3.  Tolerance: The process by which users increase the level of Internet use they partake in, to achieve its mood-modification effects. There is a tendency to gradually increase the amount of time spent on line, in order to expand or extend those effects.

4.  Withdrawal symptoms: The unpleasant feeling-states and/or physical effects which occur when Internet use is discontinued or suddenly reduced. Withdrawal symptoms might include shakiness, moodiness, or irritability.

5.  Conflict: The various conflicts emerging as a result of the person's excessive Internet use: interpersonal conflict; conflicts with other activities (e.g., job, social life, other interests); or conflicts within the individual (intrapsychic conflict and/or feelings of loss of control).

6.  Relapse: The tendency for repeated reversals to, or recurrence of, prior behavioral patterns.

Even the most extreme patterns of excessive Internet use or addiction can be rapidly restored by the user – even after periods of abstinence or control.

I do not suffer from Internet Addiction Disorder. :yahoo:

Anonymous

I do not suffer from Internet Addiction Disorder. :yahoo:

Of course not.  I meant to suggest that perhaps Freud does.   ac_biggrin

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Perhaps?  HAHA!

Didn't he have a crush on Feral?

That's what I was about to say too RW..

No perhaps about Gargoyle's internet addiction..

Is Feral a lady poster on Brawl Hall that Gargoyle had a crush on?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yeah she is.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yeah she is.

That poor lady.

Anonymous

HAHA, Freud is such a fucking loser. ac_toofunny

Renee

Is he the same Gargoyle that was on Snark Tank?

If so, he was one of the reasons why the place had such a bad vibe.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Is he the same Gargoyle that was on Snark Tank?

Dinky Dianna, Freud and Gargoyle are all the same troll.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"What is TR?

Third Rail Forum, it's a flame forum that Dove and Dinky Dianna post on..

Dinky Dianna's handle is Gargoyle on that board.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Is he the same Gargoyle that was on Snark Tank?

I was on Snark Tank.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview