Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Panama papers: China censors online discussion

Started by Anonymous, April 05, 2016, 10:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You realize taxation is based on income right?

My dad always says he wishes he paid a million dollars in taxes.

No, I did not know that. :laugh3:

Charging some people tens of millions of dollars for the same services that most people pay tens of thousands for is grossly unfair. Income tax should be capped at about $100,000. I do not blame anyone for protecting their money from greedy gouging governments.

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

Charging some people tens of millions of dollars for the same services that most people pay tens of thousands for is grossly unfair. Income tax should be capped at about $100,000. I do not blame anyone for protecting their money from greedy gouging governments.

But that's only an okay thing to do if you have lots of it.  If you don't, TFB?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I am talking about the rich. A cap on personal income taxes of $100,000. Get rid of incentives to hide income and we'll save money in the long run. Make it flatter, simpler, reasonable amounts and the feds will not have to waste money chasing income around the globe.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The problem is the rules.

See people like to make money here but ship it out of Canada to avoid paying their share.  That's bullshit and shouldn't be allowed not only in Canada but any where.

Who would want to give any government tens of millions of dollars.

Does anyone really pay over a million dollars in taxes?

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I am talking about the rich. A cap on personal income taxes of $100,000. Get rid of incentives to hide income and we'll save money in the long run. Make it flatter, simpler, reasonable amounts and the feds will not have to waste money chasing income around the globe.

That might be a good idea.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"The problem is the rules.

See people like to make money here but ship it out of Canada to avoid paying their share.  That's bullshit and shouldn't be allowed not only in Canada but any where.

Who would want to give any government tens of millions of dollars.

Does anyone really pay over a million dollars in taxes?

ac_wot

If they do, I'm green with envy!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
I've never objected to paying taxes.  I'm often pretty pissed at what the taxing bodies do with my money, though.

I suppose I'd be even MORE pissed if I were paying more in taxes, but as long as the tax structure is fair (i.e., not regressive) I have no problem with people who make money legally and can legally offshore it doing so.  The people in this data dump who are interesting to me are the ones who did not make the money legally or who illegally evaded paying taxes on it.

I don't like the tax code at present, because too may legislators and bureaucrats have prostituted themselves to the very rich and helped create ways for them not to pay their share.  That problem needs to be addressed, and if it is not...it is only a matter of time before the pitchforks and torches appear, the tumbrels roll in the streets, and the lampposts begin serving an additional purpose.  It's happened before and will happen again.

Not paying their share? What amount would that be? Ten, 20, 30 million to subsidize the likes of you?

However, since you like paying more than shit is worth, I'll put you in touch with a few business owners who are almost as unscrupulous as government is at fleecing people. A sucker is born every minute, but unfortunately they take forever to die.

Anonymous

I like the idea in principle, but 100 grand is too much.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
I've never objected to paying taxes.  I'm often pretty pissed at what the taxing bodies do with my money, though.

I suppose I'd be even MORE pissed if I were paying more in taxes, but as long as the tax structure is fair (i.e., not regressive) I have no problem with people who make money legally and can legally offshore it doing so.  The people in this data dump who are interesting to me are the ones who did not make the money legally or who illegally evaded paying taxes on it.

I don't like the tax code at present, because too may legislators and bureaucrats have prostituted themselves to the very rich and helped create ways for them not to pay their share.  That problem needs to be addressed, and if it is not...it is only a matter of time before the pitchforks and torches appear, the tumbrels roll in the streets, and the lampposts begin serving an additional purpose.  It's happened before and will happen again.

Not paying their share? What amount would that be? Ten, 20, 30 million to subsidize the likes of you?

However, since you like paying more than shit is worth, I'll put you in touch with a few business owners who are almost as unscrupulous as government is at fleecing people. A sucker is born every minute, but unfortunately they take forever to die.

Easy there tigress, a high probability I think he or she is kidding.

Anonymous

What are you smoking?

Link to how much I like to pay and for what, please.

But really, they die quickly at the end of a rope.  That's the lamppost reference, if you missed it.

Only about the tumbrels.   ac_smile

Anonymous

What are you smoking?

Link to how much I like to pay and for what, please.

But really, they die quickly at the end of a rope.  That's the lamppost reference, if you missed it.

Only about the tumbrels.   ac_smile

What are you smoking? I try and cut you some slack for an obvious troll post and you respond with school yard jibberish. Do you know who pays the most taxes in the states and Canada. It probably is not you.

Did you know the top 20% pay 87% of federal income taxes. Do you know the bottom 40+ effectively pays no income tax.

Rich people pay nearly 87% of all federal individual income tax in America

Income level  Share of total federal

individual income tax paid  Average income tax bill

per person  

Lowest 20% -2.2% -$643

Second lowest 20% -1.7% -$621

Middle income 4.2% $1,743

Second richest 20% 12.9% $6,285

Richest 20% 86.8% $50,176

Source: Tax Policy Center

The top 1% of Americans, who have an average income of more than $2.1 million, pay 43.6% of all the federal individual income tax in the U.S.; the top 0.1% — just 115,000 households, whose average income is more than $9.4 million — pay more than 20% of it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2016-02-24">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-of- ... 2016-02-24">http://www.marketwatch.com/story/45-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2016-02-24

The states is more dependent on tax revenue from the wealthy than most other Western countries.

Anonymous

^Don't waste your time overloading the snippy little flame board burn out's pea-sized white liberal brain with facts. I knew he or she was a lost cause from the moment it appeared here.

RW

I'm sorry but Peaches is making cogent arguments and you fools are flapping like fish out of water.  Have you all gone unchallenged for so long that all you can do is drool and yell "troll!"?

Hey Herm - people with more money are going to pay a higher percentage of the total tax dollars.  We didn't need some report from some crap NGO to tell us that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I think the best idea by far was Herman's.

Yeah?  And what do we lose because of it?
Beware of Gaslighters!