Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Why is Everything So Small?

Started by Annie, April 11, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/55E4D455-95CE-4B47-B0F5-B992239C1BE5_zpselttbnzo.jpg.html">

I'm sort of a cat lover. This guy is Martine. Old GF left him here years ago. We've become good pals. He cost me about $75. per mo. He rules the house hold.

He is a beautiful kitty Twenty Dollars..

Why does he cost $75 per month?

Actually he is a Himalayan. Like a long hair Siamese. Same markings. He cost $75.per month for food, cat treats, kitty litter, flea medicine, claws clipped, trips to the vet, etc. Hes my best buddy.

That's more than we spend..

Our cat has never been to the vet and because it an indoor cat does not get flea medicine or claws clipped.

Annie

That's about what we spend too but for the 3 we have now.  And we don't do the regular vet thing either. We do take them in if there's something wrong though.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"That's about what we spend too but for the 3 we have now.  And we don't do the regular vet thing either. We do take them in if there's something wrong though.

Our dog costs about $25 a month, so that sounds about right Annie.

Annie

And it all depends on how much you spoil them.  Like at Christmas, they get gifts too lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"And it all depends on how much you spoil them.  Like at Christmas, they get gifts too lol

My dog is a work dog, no spoiling.

Annie

But you give him baths, grooming? Feed him the food he likes? That's kind of spoiling...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"But you give him baths, grooming? Feed him the food he likes? That's kind of spoiling...

Baths? I spray him with a hose. Food is the kibble I buy from the farm supply. Grooming? I don't even groom myself.

He is on my farm to work and not be a pet.

Annie

Aww come on....you probably spoil him some....

ELPHUPPHY

I spoil the bejesus out of my dog and she loves me to death.

I have her on a wellness plan at the local vets. My checkups are free, any out of the ordinary stuff is usually free, flea and heartworm meds are free. I get two free nail grindings a year, the others cost $14 per visit. I get her nails ground, not clipped. They can get a closer trim, plus the edges are very smooth. I buy her toys and snacks like beef bones and jerky and balls and such all the time. My dogs have never been work dogs, always house dogs. They sleep with me, we go for 2 mile walks every morning, car rides when I'm not going to be out of the car for more than a very few minutes. I let her run loose in the field next door for some running fun, otherwise she's on a leash. We live in a small town, so dogs need to be leashed. Not to mention running out in front of cars.

It may be stupid to some, but I give my dog the best life I can. Spoiled, pampered, washed, rubbed down with mosturizer to keep her skin from being itchy and dry, combed alot. Her coat is black and as shiny ans smooth as any woman's hair.

Annie

That's awesome Elphupphy. How do you get free vet services? And what's a wellness plan? I'd love to have free vet care. This year we spent over $1000 on our old kitty girl who had to be put down after the surgery didn't save her.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Aww come on....you probably spoil him some....

I throw some scraps of raw venison on the snow for him sometimes.

Annie

Quote from: "Herman"

I knew it  ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

As a farm dog.....what exactly is he tasked to do? I assume he is a herding dog of some breed.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Annie"That's awesome Elphupphy. How do you get free vet services? And what's a wellness plan? I'd love to have free vet care. This year we spent over $1000 on our old kitty girl who had to be put down after the surgery didn't save her.

A wellness plan is insurance for your pet. You pay a monthly fee based on the size and age of your pet, For that fee, you get alot of services, but technically they are not free. There is even a part of the plan that allows you emergency services at a 24/7 vet place. This emergency vet does not have regular checkups and such, only emergencies. It's not free except for the office visit fee. Any other care, like xrays, etc. you pay for.

So, long story short, I pay the vet whether I use them or not. But when I do use them, I don't pay extra unless it would be an after hours emergency situation.

I take my dog in every few months for checkups, heartworm checks, etc. and a general good looking-over. Plus if I have any concerns, like a bump under her fur or she scratches at her ear moire than I like, I make an appt. and she is inspected and treated at no cost.

It's not cheap and costs me more than the $1000 you paid but it's worth it to me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "Annie"That's awesome Elphupphy. How do you get free vet services? And what's a wellness plan? I'd love to have free vet care. This year we spent over $1000 on our old kitty girl who had to be put down after the surgery didn't save her.

A wellness plan is insurance for your pet. You pay a monthly fee based on the size and age of your pet, For that fee, you get alot of services, but technically they are not free. There is even a part of the plan that allows you emergency services at a 24/7 vet place. This emergency vet does not have regular checkups and such, only emergencies. It's not free except for the office visit fee. Any other care, like xrays, etc. you pay for.

So, long story short, I pay the vet whether I use them or not. But when I do use them, I don't pay extra unless it would be an after hours emergency situation.

I take my dog in every few months for checkups, heartworm checks, etc. and a general good looking-over. Plus if I have any concerns, like a bump under her fur or she scratches at her ear moire than I like, I make an appt. and she is inspected and treated at no cost.

It's not cheap and costs me more than the $1000 you paid but it's worth it to me.

I would like to do something like that for my cat and dog, but unfortunately we do not want to take on any new regular fees..

We are counting on both our pets staying healthy.