The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Why is Everything So Small?

Started by Annie, April 11, 2016, 01:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"
Quote from: "Annie"That's awesome Elphupphy. How do you get free vet services? And what's a wellness plan? I'd love to have free vet care. This year we spent over $1000 on our old kitty girl who had to be put down after the surgery didn't save her.

A wellness plan is insurance for your pet. You pay a monthly fee based on the size and age of your pet, For that fee, you get alot of services, but technically they are not free. There is even a part of the plan that allows you emergency services at a 24/7 vet place. This emergency vet does not have regular checkups and such, only emergencies. It's not free except for the office visit fee. Any other care, like xrays, etc. you pay for.

So, long story short, I pay the vet whether I use them or not. But when I do use them, I don't pay extra unless it would be an after hours emergency situation.

I take my dog in every few months for checkups, heartworm checks, etc. and a general good looking-over. Plus if I have any concerns, like a bump under her fur or she scratches at her ear moire than I like, I make an appt. and she is inspected and treated at no cost.

It's not cheap and costs me more than the $1000 you paid but it's worth it to me.

I would like to do something like that for my cat and dog, but unfortunately we do not want to take on any new regular fees..

We are counting on both our pets staying healthy.

Yeah, I lost my last dog to liver damage from Chinese pet food. I won't go thru that again, so I do what I can to make sure my Gracie is healthy.

Hint - ALWAYS feed your pets food made in America. ALWAYS.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"That's awesome Elphupphy. How do you get free vet services? And what's a wellness plan? I'd love to have free vet care. This year we spent over $1000 on our old kitty girl who had to be put down after the surgery didn't save her.

A wellness plan is insurance for your pet. You pay a monthly fee based on the size and age of your pet, For that fee, you get alot of services, but technically they are not free. There is even a part of the plan that allows you emergency services at a 24/7 vet place. This emergency vet does not have regular checkups and such, only emergencies. It's not free except for the office visit fee. Any other care, like xrays, etc. you pay for.

So, long story short, I pay the vet whether I use them or not. But when I do use them, I don't pay extra unless it would be an after hours emergency situation.

I take my dog in every few months for checkups, heartworm checks, etc. and a general good looking-over. Plus if I have any concerns, like a bump under her fur or she scratches at her ear moire than I like, I make an appt. and she is inspected and treated at no cost.

It's not cheap and costs me more than the $1000 you paid but it's worth it to me.

I would like to do something like that for my cat and dog, but unfortunately we do not want to take on any new regular fees..

Yeah, I lost my last dog to liver damage from Chinese pet food. I won't go thru that again, so I do what I can to make sure my Gracie is healthy.

The dog food we buy comes from High River, Alberta..

It is left over from the giant Cargill beef processing plant there..

I give my cat Whiskas and to be honest, I have no idea where it is from.

ac_dunno

ELPHUPPHY

The dog food we buy comes from High River, Alberta..

It is left over from the giant Cargill beef processing plant there..

I give my cat Whiskas and to be honest, I have no idea where it is from.

ac_dunno

I never paid attention either until I lost Georgie. Now I read the labels. Labels always tell you where the product was made.

Anonymous

I will Google Whiskas sometime, but I have been feeding it to cats for a lot of years now.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Fashionista"I will Google Whiskas sometime, but I have been feeding it to cats for a lot of years now.

Whiskas is made in Virginia.