Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "keeper"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "keeper"Calgary Comic Expo, Apr 28 - May 1. Meet Your hero's

Annie you going to this?

...do you collect comic books, keeper?

If so, which ones?

What are your favorite titles and characters?

My 2 older brothers read & collected comics growing up but I was never allowed to touch them.

Growing up I had a massive race track and train track in the basement and I mean massive.

So what happened to the race track?

yeah I remember those 'tings. They were a blast.

Y'ad set up these race courses, then press the electric guns and the cars would run around the track and y'ad see who could beat each other. My brother almost usually won. He was more competitive than the rest of us.

We used to play games with those hockey sets that had the metal handles. Again, my brother came out on top.

keeper

April 28 -may 1st.

Maybe you can take Dove ac_beating

Anonymous

Annie you going to this?

If so, which ones?

My 2 older brothers read & collected comics growing up but I was never allowed to touch them.

Growing up I had a massive race track and train track in the basement and I mean massive.

Y'ad set up these race courses, then press the electric guns and the cars would run around the track and y'ad see who could beat each other. My brother almost usually won. He was more competitive than the rest of us.

We used to play games with those hockey sets that had the metal handles. Again, my brother came out on top.

I have a hockey game in the wreck room. It's like the table top game I had as a kid except it has it's own stand and an electronic scoreboard. Loads of fun. If you are in Saskatchewan, drop over to the farm for a few games and some barrel wash.

Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"My husband went to Comic Con in Cakgary a few years back.  The barely clothed women in the pics looked like they were having a good time.

When is it again? ac_lovestruck

When I get home I'll see if he'll dig up some pics for ya.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Annie you going to this?

If so, which ones?

This was years ago Joe,  like when I was 10 - 13. I didn't get to bring it when we moved so my dad sold it in a yard sale. My gawd if I had it now it would be worth a fortune,  it was a 6" wide track and the race cars were the size of a pop can. My favorite car looked like a Mazda RX7..sweet blue..... (sigh)

Anonymous

Annie you going to this?

If so, which ones?

The race track would be cool. The train track not so much. I could not relax with that.

keeper

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Annie you going to this?

If so, which ones?

The race track would be cool. The train track not so much. I could not relax with that.

The train set was cool to i made about 4 paper mache mountains and volcanoes and bridges that took up about 12' of plywood, it wasnt to bad. The race set was way better but my asshole brothers would never let me play. I had my mouth washed out with soap a few times  :t1929:

Anonymous

If I wasn't a locomotive engineer with CP I would have fun with it too.

keeper

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"If I wasn't a locomotive engineer with CP I would have fun with it too.

:laugh3: Good Point!!  ac_razz

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"If I wasn't a locomotive engineer with CP I would have fun with it too.

It would be so much fun to have a ride on the locomotive of a train. Can the public do that?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

It would be so much fun to have a ride on the locomotive of a train. Can the public do that?

Absolutely not. Even running trades employees who are booked off are not allowed to ride the power. It's a liability issue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Annie you going to this?

If so, which ones?

The train set was cool to i made about 4 paper mache mountains and volcanoes and bridges that took up about 12' of plywood, it wasnt to bad. The race set was way better but my asshole brothers would never let me play. I had my mouth washed out with soap a few times  :t1929:

I saw one in a hobby store that was impressive..

The owner added so much detail..

It was not for sale.

keeper

I'm still WAITING for Annie to chime in if she's going?????

kiebers

Quote from: "keeper"I'm still WAITING for Annie to chime in if she's going?????

You could shave your head and go as Professor Xavier.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone