The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

'Lady-Driven' Stuff

Started by JOE, April 12, 2016, 10:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

^^I do not have a single blown up muskrat lodge to show for my entire childhood. :laugh3:

Renee

Quote from: "JOE"...there's this store I go into in Vancouver periodically.

It's run by women and it sells used stuff previously owned and denoted to them mostly be women.

They sell all sorts of stuff, from kitchen ware, old records, cd's magazines, books, clothing, software.

What I've noticed is a lot of this used stuff looks barely used or is in almost top condition.

Some of it is antique.

So whenever I see something good, I snatch and buy it.

I bought an antique print the other day, decided to make frame it.

Other than yellowing, there were no marks, creases or bends in it, and it is almost 100 years old.

I bought this great looking coffee table book. Again, almost brand new. Heck it was so unscathed that it could be re-sold as brand new.

A car I bought secondhand from a woman nearly 20 years ago is still in relatively great shape.

I attribute any major damage which it incurred to me, not her.

In fact, I credit its longevity to her good upkeep prior to me owning it.

Actually, I neglected the car in the past few years, and now I'm paying quite a bit to get it restored and back into working condition. If I only had the discipline to keep it in the shape she did. Oh well.

Funny thin' you kin almost always tell whether something was owned by a guy...

http://inspirably.com/uploads/user/19931-god-uses-broken-things-it-takes-broken-soil-to-produce.png">

or a woman.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/angenam-vase__0124121_PE280505_S4.JPG">

The stuff pre-owned by women often barely has a scratch or dent on it.

No rips, tears in the books. dents, marks or bends in the objects.  It's like they were barely used.

On the other hand, stuff previously owned by a guy often is in rough shape.

It's all torn up, bent, is badly need of repair. Or else, there's usually some defect, stain or something wrong with it.

I bought some pants the other day from a senior citizen who was hawking goods on a street corner.

Nice item, but big stain on the pants. Definitely, this item was not 'lady-driven'.

Maybe about the only guys who might pass you on something in good shape are gay guys.

Otherwise, a lotta stuff previously owned by men is trashed by the time you git it.

Incidentally this includes me.

So you are saying you were owned by another man and he treated you roughly.

Ask me if I'm surprised. :laugh3:

Oh and BTW, where the hell are those drawings you said that you where going to post, months ago........I'm still waiting.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^I do not have a single blown up muskrat lodge to show for my entire childhood. :laugh3:

I grew up in Winnipeg, but I got out of the city almost every weekend with my dad and brother to fish.