Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Greetings from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Started by Renee, April 13, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Renee"If I could get a decent paying job here at Disney World, I would consider relocating.

I'll have to check what's available. I don't see myself waiting tables or working in a park so it would have to be office work, HR or payroll or something like that.

My son worked in Orlando from roughly 2005-15.  His field is computer game publishing.  He says Orlando is maybe not as good as San Francisco or Seattle when it comes to support jobs in hi-tech industries, it's still pretty decent.   Politics-wise he loved the town, but not the state.

Politics-wise? That would be less important than bed head for most men.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Renee"If I could get a decent paying job here at Disney World, I would consider relocating.

I'll have to check what's available. I don't see myself waiting tables or working in a park so it would have to be office work, HR or payroll or something like that.

My son worked in Orlando from roughly 2005-15.  His field is computer game publishing.  He says Orlando is maybe not as good as San Francisco or Seattle when it comes to support jobs in hi-tech industries, it's still pretty decent.   Politics-wise he loved the town, but not the state.

Pardon me... but I thought the information MIGHT be useful to Renee since she is thinking of relocating to central FL if she could find a decent paying job.  I don't think Renee is a man.

Anonymous

Pardon me... but I thought the information MIGHT be useful to Renee since she is thinking of relocating to central FL if she could find a decent paying job.  I don't think Renee is a man.

And I thought it would be as important to Renee as bed head is to men. If I am wrong, so what.  Renee has an internet connection. She can decide for herself what is useful.

Anonymous

She can decide for herself what is useful.

I imagine that is what she'll do.   ac_dunno

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Renee"I'm in Florida for the next 10 days. 3 days at Vero Beach and 6 days at The Boardwalk resort in Disney World.

Just got to Vero and this is the view from our room.
[attachment=1]IMAG0409.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMAG0408.jpg[/attachment]

:thumbup: I'm so happy for you, Renee! Woohoo!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

That's a very beg step Renee..

Whatever you decide, I hope you will be happy.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Not only that, Renee and Peach probably have very different views on politics.

Anonymous

I see there are at least two posters here who seem to think I have no business offering information to Renee about employment opportunities in central Florida, when she has expressed some interest in relocating there.

I wonder why that is.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"I see there are at least two posters here who seem to think I have no business offering information to Renee about employment opportunities in central Florida, when she has expressed some interest in relocating there.

I wonder why that is.

It's pretty obvious that's not what they said.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Peaches"I see there are at least two posters here who seem to think I have no business offering information to Renee about employment opportunities in central Florida, when she has expressed some interest in relocating there.

I wonder why that is.

Yes, of course neither of them SAID that, precisely.  What they did say is a matter of record, and I'm merely speculating as to why.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I wonder why that is.

Yes, of course neither of them SAID that, precisely.  What they did say is a matter of record, and I'm merely speculating as to why.

Don't read too much into it. If you had not injected the "politics-wise" thingy, they probably would not have commented at all.

Renee

I wonder why that is.

It's not about the employment advice, for which I appreciate, so thanks for your input. It's the possible political slant that they are referring to.

As Herman expressed, I'm almost certain my politics and yours are not exactly compatible. Fortunately I learned a long time ago that discussions regarding political issues on forums such as this, between people who are ideologically opposed, are more often than not.....fruitless, a waste of time and probably the number one source of animosity between posters.

This thread really has no place for that kind of......stuff.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

It's the possible political slant that they are referring to.

===

Of course I agree.  I never dreamed that anyone might read such a thing into my comment.

Renee

===

Of course I agree.  I never dreamed that anyone might read such a thing into my comment.

Really? No offense but is your forum self awareness that shitty? :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

===

Really? No offense but is your forum self awareness that shitty? :laugh3:

Yeah, evidently.  People do talk about politics here, and there's even a subforum for it.  I had no clue.   ac_unsure