The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Greetings from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Started by Renee, April 13, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Renee"

It's the possible political slant that they are referring to.

===

This thread really has no place for that kind of......stuff.

Of course I agree.  I never dreamed that anyone might read such a thing into my comment.

ac_toofunny

Anonymous

How are you feeling Renee?

Are you having a hard time adjusting to work on your first day back?

I did when we got back from California.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"How are you feeling Renee?

Are you having a hard time adjusting to work on your first day back?

I did when we got back from California.

I feel shitty but I'm slowly easing back into the grind.

I'm already planning my next vacation. Two years between getaways is too damn long.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

[attachment=0]IMG_3039.JPG[/attachment]I finally had a chance to download pics from my camera. Unfortunately many of the pics include family members and I won't post those for obvious reasons. But these are some of the less personal pics that I thought some of you might enjoy.

Up close with hippos.....No fat jokes please. :laugh:

[attachment=2]IMG_3033.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMG_3035.JPG[/attachment]
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Nile crocodiles most of them were around 15 to 17 feet long and around 700lbs.

I shot these one handed from a rope bridge and a zip line.
[attachment=3]IMG_3046.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_3063.JPG[/attachment]

Watch your step :laugh:

[attachment=0]IMG_3048.JPG[/attachment]

Renee

Elephants......These are all female, I didn't get a good shot of the bull. He had his ass to me and it didn't make for a good picture.
[attachment=3]IMG_3102.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_3086.JPG[/attachment]

We were told by our guide this particular elephant pictured below has a weight problem. She was described as being "very curvy" ( like I haven't heard that before) No matter how much they cut back on her diet, she finds a way to discover food in her environment. Elephants are highly intelligent and quite resourceful. She weighs in at around 9,000 pounds and apparently that's overweight for an......elephant of her height.  :laugh:
[attachment=1]IMG_3087.JPG[/attachment]

This is a bull. He was a little camera shy and I wasn't about to get any closer for a better shot.
[attachment=0]IMG_3011.JPG[/attachment]

Annie

Great pics, Renee. Lucky you didn't drop your camera in the croc pit!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

These are various shots. Some I shot during lunch which was right on the savanna while others were shot from our truck. Unlike the regular tours, we were allowed to stop and stand in the truck and take as many pics as we wanted. I was actually wishing I had my Nikon SLR but my little Cannon did an acceptable job.
[attachment=6]IMG_3115.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]IMG_3077.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]IMG_2999.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]IMG_3130.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_3126.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_2997.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_3122.JPG[/attachment]

I'll post more when I get a chance.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Great pics, Renee. Lucky you didn't drop your camera in the croc pit!

Fuck the camera. I was more concerned about dropping my self in it. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Annie

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Great pics, Renee. Lucky you didn't drop your camera in the croc pit!

Fuck the camera. I was more concerned about dropping my self in it. :laugh3:

Holy crap, ya no kidding ac_wot  That would have sucked.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

I like the natural looking settings they have for their wildlife.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"I like the natural looking settings they have for their wildlife.

It's pretty impressive the way they have structured it to look like the animal's natural habitat.

What I like even more is Disney's commitment to preserving animals in the wild as well. Just one of their more successful efforts is a project called "Elephants and Bees"and it's done in conjunction with Oxford University. It's a project that teaches farmers in Africa to coexist with wild elephants.

http://elephantsandbees.com">//http://elephantsandbees.com

Wild elephants are a major problem for farms in poverty stricken areas of Africa. They ravage crops faster than they can be grown. Consequently the farmers turn to poaching as a means of survival. Research has discovered that elephants are afraid of bees so bee fences are being constructed and used to keep the elephants in check. This has a two fold effect.....it keeps the elephants from putting farmers out of business and the honey from the bee hives, provides additional income for the community.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/601B724F-967D-47C4-9071-55D3C2C45399_zpso3fczkuf.jpg.html">

Was surfing down town a couple of days ago. The guys are all over the estero. Not a good place to take your poodle for a walk.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/24A67941-3834-495A-BFB0-801FD2D3EE8C_zpsizfiktje.jpg.html">