The best topic

Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

It Only Takes a Girl

Started by easter bunny, April 15, 2016, 01:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEhKu3T51Q

ac_smile
I love the hopeful message. But it is for domestic consumption.

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "ELPHUPPHY"

It is and it isn't. Even here in America, women are thought of as less than men, although that is changing. It's much worse in thrid world countries, obviously.

What the fuck are you babbling about. Women in the US are limited only by their own drive. There is no barbaric 7th century death cult ideology holding them back.

Did I say anything about barbaric death cults in America? Try to read what is written, and you know god damn good and well women are treated, even in America, as less important than men. Ever heard of Title IX or equal pay legislature?

Jesus... take some hormone pills.

Anonymous

It is and it isn't. Even here in America, women are thought of as less than men, although that is changing. It's much worse in thrid world countries, obviously.

What the fuck are you babbling about. Women in the US are limited only by their own drive. There is no barbaric 7th century death cult ideology holding them back.

Did I say anything about barbaric death cults in America? Try to read what is written, and you know god damn good and well women are treated, even in America, as less important than men. Ever heard of Title IX or equal pay legislature?

Jesus... take some hormone pills.

Women are less important than men in the US? I guess Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and Carly Fiorini never not get the message. It doesn't mean sweet fuck all what you fucking think is going on in other people's minds or how you think women are treated. I am a woman and  a visible minority in a male dominated profession. If I'm treated badly, I allowed it to happen, not society. In Canada and the US, the only barriers women face are self-imposed. The only thing that limits the Iron Chink is the Iron Chink herself!! Crybabies will always make excuses.

RW

That's not really true Shen but it's more true in Canada than in the US.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I am curious what legal discrimination women in Canada or the US face? Do minority women face it more. Who faces more legalized discrimination, minority men or Caucasian women?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I am curious what legal discrimination women in Canada or the US face? Do minority women face it more. Who faces more legalized discrimination, minority men or Caucasian women?

There's two things I don't discuss with Fash. One is Taiwan's status as a province of China. The second is this crybaby shit. There is nothing holding me back and it doesn't matter if I am in Edmonton or Houston.

RW

There isn't legal discrimination Herm.  Women in the US more so see a wage disparity for same work.  You'll see it in promotions because of family status (like pregnancy Shen).  It's seen in trades, specifically building trades.  You see it in police and fire.  Of course it's not legal but it happens.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Herman"I am curious what legal discrimination women in Canada or the US face? Do minority women face it more. Who faces more legalized discrimination, minority men or Caucasian women?

There's two things I don't discuss with Fash. One is Taiwan's status as a province of China. The second is this crybaby shit. There is nothing holding me back and it doesn't matter if I am in Edmonton or Houston.

I just want to be clear....

Are you saying because it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't happen at all?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

I am saying it doesn't happen to those who work hard. There will always be crybabies who claim to be victims of "unfairness."

I have never known an educated professional male or female, young or old, minority or not who could prove they were paid less when all things like experience, education and most importantly drive were taken into consideration. There were always other factors like lack of Canadian experience or missing time to raise kids.

Gender or minority pay gap is pure bullshit.

Anonymous

I am saying it doesn't happen to those who work hard. There will always be crybabies who claim to be victims of "unfairness."

I have never known an educated professional male or female, young or old, minority or not who could prove they were paid less when all things like experience, education and most importantly drive were taken into consideration. There were always other factors like lack of Canadian experience or missing time to raise kids.

There are not a lot of females in the running trades,  but they do not make less money. That is true of non union positions too.

RW

And you are vastly experienced when it comes to figures on the matter?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

According to highly acclaimed career expert and best-selling author, Marty Nemko, "The data is clear that for the same work men and women are paid roughly the same. The media need to look beyond the claims of feminist organizations."

The problem is that the people who cry pay discrimination are not comparing apples to apples.