Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

flooding in Houston, I hope kiebers is safe and sound

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2016, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "kiebers"Not a great evening to celebrate the wife's birthday...LOL  

Dog will be going apeshit and it will be all we can do to keep her from clawing us bloody.

Aw poor thing....ever try a low dose of phenobarbital....I mean for the dog.  ac_biggrin

Your vet can prescribe it and it does help. I have a dog that needs it during storms and on the 4th of July. It prevents a 50lb Keeshond from trying to sit on my head during T-storms.  :7283gm_th:

BTW, Happy Birthday to your wife. :happybday:

Thank you

Yes we were talking about doggie downers the other night...LOL  They also make a "thundershirt" but don't think that would work. Honey is about 75 lbs and trying to sit on my head is common in these storms...LOL

It's my experience that "Thundershirts" don't work. My vet recommend I try it but Tyler ate his. He literally chewed it into little bits during a stormy night. I woke up to a panicky dog and a $50 dollar dog shirt in shreds. :oeudC:  The shirts are supposed to hug the dog and make them feel secure and give a calming effect.....bullshit.  :laugh3:

Dogs not only fear the noise but they also feel the static electricity in the air which is what causes the anxiety and some dogs are constantly on the verge of panic. A tight shirt does nothing to alleviate that, I don't even see how it can.

Phenobarbital or Acepromazine usually works best. There are other sedatives on the market but those are the most common.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Not a great evening to celebrate the wife's birthday...LOL  

Dog will be going apeshit and it will be all we can do to keep her from clawing us bloody.

Aw poor thing....ever try a low dose of phenobarbital....I mean for the dog.  ac_biggrin

Your vet can prescribe it and it does help. I have a dog that needs it during storms and on the 4th of July. It prevents a 50lb Keeshond from trying to sit on my head during T-storms.  :7283gm_th:

BTW, Happy Birthday to your wife. :happybday:

Thank you

Yes we were talking about doggie downers the other night...LOL  They also make a "thundershirt" but don't think that would work. Honey is about 75 lbs and trying to sit on my head is common in these storms...LOL

It's my experience that "Thundershirts" don't work. My vet recommend I try it but Tyler ate his. He literally chewed it into little bits during a stormy night. I woke up to a panicky dog and a $50 dollar dog shirt in shreds. :oeudC:  The shirts are supposed to hug the dog and make them feel secure and give a calming effect.....bullshit.  :laugh3:

Dogs not only fear the noise but they also feel the static electricity in the air which is what causes the anxiety and some dogs are constantly on the verge of panic. A tight shirt does nothing to alleviate that, I don't even see how it can.

Phenobarbital or Acepromazine usually works best. There other sedatives on the market but those are the most common.

You get some wicked storms in the US. I have not had many storms here where the dogs went ape shit.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "Herman"
You get some wicked storms in the US. I have not had many storms here where the dogs went ape shit.

This one is the only one I have had that goes bonkers like this. Traumatic memory I suppose. My other dogs didn't like a big storm but they stayed fairly calm. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy tonight. Just contracted for a new section of fence to be put in and I would like for this one to stay up until then. It was almost blown down Wednesday. Got some anchors in the ground with straps holding it.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Stay safe kiebs!

Gonna try...LOL

Thank you
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

This one is the only one I have had that goes bonkers like this. Traumatic memory I suppose. My other dogs didn't like a big storm but they stayed fairly calm. Hopefully it doesn't get too crazy tonight. Just contracted for a new section of fence to be put in and I would like for this one to stay up until then. It was almost blown down Wednesday. Got some anchors in the ground with straps holding it.

Have never sen anything like that.

Anonymous

No let up yet in Texas.

Six killed in Texas floods as severe weather lashes central U.S.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-weather-idUSKCN0XR0F5">http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-w ... SKCN0XR0F5">http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-weather-idUSKCN0XR0F5

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I hope kiebers is safe and sound.

The brother cannot seem to catch a break.

Renee

Me too. I was watching the situation in Texas on the Weather Chanel and wondering if he was okay. ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Me too. I was watching the situation in Texas on the Weather Chanel and wondering if he was okay. ac_unsure

So am I.

Anonymous

We have been talking about the tragedy in Fort McMurray, but I wonder if kiebers safe?

Has anyone heard from him?

kiebers

Doing fine. No real damages from the rain. Getting part of the backyard fence replaced. It was time and the rain and wind almost took it down. Wife had a birthday this weekend. Broke her foot Sunday morning. She gets to wear a "boot" for 6-8 weeks. Ain't we havin fun.....LOL   Overall things are pretty good.

Oh and we really really, really, really really do wish we could blame the foot on birthday festivities of any kind....however...sigh

:laugh:  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Doing fine. No real damages from the rain. Getting part of the backyard fence replaced. It was time and the rain and wind almost took it down. Wife had a birthday this weekend. Broke her foot Sunday morning. She gets to wear a "boot" for 6-8 weeks. Ain't we havin fun.....LOL   Overall things are pretty good.

Oh and we really really, really, really really do wish we could blame the foot on birthday festivities of any kind....however...sigh

I am so relieved you and your lovely family are okay..

Thank you for letting us know.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"Doing fine. No real damages from the rain. Getting part of the backyard fence replaced. It was time and the rain and wind almost took it down. Wife had a birthday this weekend. Broke her foot Sunday morning. She gets to wear a "boot" for 6-8 weeks. Ain't we havin fun.....LOL   Overall things are pretty good.

Glad to hear that you are okay.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's foot though. Did she break it putting it up someone's ass? ac_biggrin