Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

flooding in Houston, I hope kiebers is safe and sound

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2016, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's foot though. Did she break it putting it up someone's ass? ac_biggrin

I think she has a "foot in ass" list. I try not to see how many times I am on it. That may be the new story though.... :thumbup:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's foot though. Did she break it putting it up someone's ass? ac_biggrin

I think she has a "foot in ass" list. I try not to see how many times I am on it. That may be the new story though.... :thumbup:

lol kiebers

Anonymous

Has life returned to normal yet? Or is there more storms, floods or tornadoes in the forecast.

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Has life returned to normal yet? Or is there more storms, floods or tornadoes in the forecast.

It is kind of normal. Still a few flooded areas that have major streets/highways covered. Slow to drain due to the flooding downstream (down town) that could occur. On the northwest/west side of town a normal commute of 1 hour is taking up to 2 hours. As soon as the water drains off and the roads are considered safe it will go back to the normal. I hope...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

It is kind of normal. Still a few flooded areas that have major streets/highways covered. Slow to drain due to the flooding downstream (down town) that could occur. On the northwest/west side of town a normal commute of 1 hour is taking up to 2 hours. As soon as the water drains off and the roads are considered safe it will go back to the normal. I hope...LOL

Only some minor inconveniences, that's good kiebers.

Anonymous

Right on brother. No natural disaster is a match for a Texan.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "kiebers"Doing fine. No real damages from the rain. Getting part of the backyard fence replaced. It was time and the rain and wind almost took it down. Wife had a birthday this weekend. Broke her foot Sunday morning. She gets to wear a "boot" for 6-8 weeks. Ain't we havin fun.....LOL   Overall things are pretty good.

Oh and we really really, really, really really do wish we could blame the foot on birthday festivities of any kind....however...sigh

:laugh:  :laugh:

Glad to hear that you are okay.

Glad your OK too. I've been stuck in the Houston airport 4 times. Once I had to spend the night in that shithole as most of the hotels are 30 minutes away. Between the airlines and airports, screw you every time. George Bush International.

Anonymous

Severe flooding continues in Southeast Texas

Severe flooding has forced more than 1,000 people from their homes in Southeast Texas, and at least eight people have died statewide. After days of relentless rain, the Brazos River near Houston is at record levels and threatens to cause more flooding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-flooding-continues-in-southeast-texas/">http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-fl ... ast-texas/">http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-flooding-continues-in-southeast-texas/

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Severe flooding continues in Southeast Texas

Severe flooding has forced more than 1,000 people from their homes in Southeast Texas, and at least eight people have died statewide. After days of relentless rain, the Brazos River near Houston is at record levels and threatens to cause more flooding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-flooding-continues-in-southeast-texas/">http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-fl ... ast-texas/">http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/severe-flooding-continues-in-southeast-texas/

I hope kiebers family and property are unharmed.

kiebers

Thanks. So far so good. Another 13 inches north of us. Another 6 inches at my house. Smaller towns being evacuated around the Brazos river mandatory in some areas. Forecast is to have rain the next 7 days. It has been really bad in a lot of areas but it will have to get a lot worse to cause me a problem.

This video is on the most popular tubing river in Texas. This happened yesterday.

QuoteThe First Crossing on River Road in New Braunfels Texas at Jerry's

Rentals. This is just how fast and dangerous the canyon can be. It just

happened literally 5 minutes ago. A

guy wanted to check his tent, so he parked his jeep and waded across the

bridge when it was just starting to run and only knee deep. (After

being told not to and that the canyon was going to flood.) All at once a

huge wall of water came and the video shows the result. We went down

into the campgrounds to tell him his Jeep was being washed away. He

came and sat on the tiers in front of our house to watch it go.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhtqcWoJi8

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Thanks. So far so good. Another 13 inches north of us. Another 6 inches at my house. Smaller towns being evacuated around the Brazos river mandatory in some areas. Forecast is to have rain the next 7 days. It has been really bad in a lot of areas but it will have to get a lot worse to cause me a problem.

This video is on the most popular tubing river in Texas. This happened yesterday.

Time to start building that arc. :laugh3:

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"Thanks. So far so good. Another 13 inches north of us. Another 6 inches at my house. Smaller towns being evacuated around the Brazos river mandatory in some areas. Forecast is to have rain the next 7 days. It has been really bad in a lot of areas but it will have to get a lot worse to cause me a problem.

The river in the vid is on the south side of Canyon Lake. I have a place, in a subdivision on the river, on the north side of the lake. If that house floods then an ark will definitely be needed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

The river in the vid is on the south side of Canyon Lake. I have a place, in a subdivision on the river, on the north side of the lake. If that house floods then an ark will definitely be needed.
I can spare a rooster and a hen to get you started.

Anonymous

Does this bring back memories of when we had to evacuate our house because of flooding..

I hope you don't have to go through that kiebers.

kiebers

They started installing these new rain gauges around here.

http://i.imgur.com/IxmyZ13.jpg?1">