The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

health officer blames social media for Alberta's skyrocketing rate of gonorrhoea

Started by Anonymous, May 01, 2016, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Please, everyone. Read up on the HPV vaccine and have your youngsters vaccinated or yourself vaccinated if you are still at the age when it could still be helpful to you. Ask your health care provider.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Oh well, 30 years and millions spent on safe sex education down the drain. ac_biggrin

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Yes, you certainly would in the US.  2014 national figures indicate a 15% increase in syph and a smaller increase in gonorrhea infections, with half of new infections being reported in the under-25 age group.  Gonorrhea rates are probably higher than that, since gonorrhea is often asymptomatic in females and young females often are not tested.

Do they blame social media?

So far, I haven't seen any studies assigning blame.  Personally, I tend to see "failure to keep trousers zipped" as the over-arching cause.

I am leaning in that direction myself.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"...signs of a worsening economy perhaps?

When people don't have jobs, nothing else to do so they sleep around.

Prostitution flourishes in the absence of jobs.

Article says half of the cases are indigenous women, so it appears to affect the poorer groups the most, which are also hit with unemployment.

:2r4ml1j_th: